Ryan, Necessity For Java?

Mario

Ryan, is it a good idea to keep Flash installed (and up to date) for those websites that require it? I have Web Visum installed in Firefox for solving those pesky CAPTCHAs.

-----Original Message----- From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Ryan Coverdell via Jfw Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2015 2:37 PM To: The Jaws for Windows support list. Cc: Ryan Coverdell Subject: Re: Necessity For Java? I would rather listen to streaming audio via a default player like windows media or real player. But many streaming audio, (especially major sites like IHEART media, require some sort of web-based player. So if you use your computer for streaming audio it might be good to leave java installed. I'm not a tech person, but I have found that sometimes small changes you make in a set-up can have consequences you might not know about for a while. So I would somehow turn off the up-dates but not uninstall it unless you're sure that you don't need it for the programs you use. Regards, Ryan Coverdell from Montana On 5/13/15, Tom Behler via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
Hello, everyone.

I am posting this quiry to both the JFW list, and the Jaws users list,
so I hope this is ok.

My question is as follows: How necessary is Java for today's computer
applications?

I seem to be having a problem with constant updates slowing down my
computer, and getting in the way of Jaws, and am seriously considering
uninstalling Java.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Dr. Tom Behler from Michigan