From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Ryan Coverdell
via Jfw
Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2015 2:37 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Cc: Ryan Coverdell
Subject: Re: Necessity For Java?

I would rather listen to streaming audio via a default player like windows
media or real player. But many streaming audio, (especially major sites like
IHEART media, require some sort of web-based player.
So if you use your computer for streaming audio it might be good to leave
java installed. I'm not a tech person, but I have found that sometimes small
changes you make in a set-up can have consequences you might not know about
for a while. So I would somehow turn off the up-dates but not uninstall it
unless you're sure that you don't need
it for the programs you use. Regards, Ryan Coverdell from
Montana

On 5/13/15, Tom Behler via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
Hello, everyone.

I am posting this quiry to both the JFW list, and the Jaws users list,
so I hope this is ok.

My question is as follows: How necessary is Java for today's computer
applications?

I seem to be having a problem with constant updates slowing down my
computer, and getting in the way of Jaws, and am seriously considering
uninstalling Java.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Dr. Tom Behler from Michigan

scrubbed...

Tom Behler

Thanks, Merv, and yes, this does help.

No sense complicating things here if that is not necessary.

Dr. Tom Behler from Michigan