Strange problem with google.com

Tom Behler

Hello, everyone.

I have just noticed a strange problem with google.com.

When doing searches, it seems that, even though I'm in forms mode, I can't
type my search criteria into the search edit box any longer.

In other words, I get the Jaws clicking sound that indicates I'm in forms
mode, but when I type my search criteria into what I think is the edit box,
I can't read or double-check what I've entered, and my search is not
successful.

I'm using Windows 7 and Jaws 14 on this particular computer.

Dr. Tom Behler from Michigan

Adrian Spratt

Try this. Search for "screenreader" on that page. If you're getting a message telling screenreader users to click that link, do so. then the form field should work.

I have just noticed a strange problem with google.com.

When doing searches, it seems that, even though I'm in forms mode, I can't
type my search criteria into the search edit box any longer.

In other words, I get the Jaws clicking sound that indicates I'm in forms
mode, but when I type my search criteria into what I think is the edit box,
I can't read or double-check what I've entered, and my search is not
successful.

I'm using Windows 7 and Jaws 14 on this particular computer.

Dr. Tom Behler from Michigan

Tom Behler

Adrian:

I can't find any such option on the main google page here.

Dr. Tom Behler

Try this. Search for "screenreader" on that page. If you're getting a
message telling screenreader users to click that link, do so. then the form
field should work.

I have just noticed a strange problem with google.com.

When doing searches, it seems that, even though I'm in forms mode, I can't
type my search criteria into the search edit box any longer.

In other words, I get the Jaws clicking sound that indicates I'm in forms
mode, but when I type my search criteria into what I think is the edit box,
I can't read or double-check what I've entered, and my search is not
successful.

I'm using Windows 7 and Jaws 14 on this particular computer.

Dr. Tom Behler from Michigan

Adrian Spratt

Okay. The only other two thoughts I have are (1) maximize the page with alt-space followed by x, and if that fails, (2) even though it casts back to the old forms mode method, once you land on the field, press enter. This last one seems unlikely because you say you're getting the forms mode sound confirmation, but I'm finding it works from time to time. For future reference, that "screenreader" link periodically shows up for me, and I must click it to get Google to work right.

I can't find any such option on the main google page here.

Dr. Tom Behler

Try this. Search for "screenreader" on that page. If you're getting a
message telling screenreader users to click that link, do so. then the form
field should work.

I have just noticed a strange problem with google.com.

When doing searches, it seems that, even though I'm in forms mode, I can't
type my search criteria into the search edit box any longer.

In other words, I get the Jaws clicking sound that indicates I'm in forms
mode, but when I type my search criteria into what I think is the edit box,
I can't read or double-check what I've entered, and my search is not
successful.

I'm using Windows 7 and Jaws 14 on this particular computer.

Dr. Tom Behler from Michigan

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Tom. Try this. When you get to the main google page, try putting in your search results. If it doesn't work, try pressing function key 5, that is the F5 key, and refreshing the page. This often solves my problem.

The second thing I would say is: Have you done a reboot of your machine and the problem persists?

If so, try this. Use the following link to google, and see if it clears up. The link is below, and should be your favorite to google, and should be your HomePage if google is now your HomePage.

https://www.google.com/webhp?complete=0

Bill White billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 11581 (20150505) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 11581 (20150505) __________

http://www.eset.com

Ann Byrne

Try the accessible Google sight:
http://www.google.com/accessibility/labs/search/

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

The only thing I hate aboot the accessible google site, I am unable to
navigate via headings...

Small hill to die on but strange...

That's odd. I use headings to navigate that sight.