Topics

Navigating tabs in a web page

Russell Solowoniuk

Hi everyone,

Is there a keystroke to bring up a list of tabs on a web page, something
like the list of links or headings? I'm talking about pages that have tabs
within the page itself, not tab browsing.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Russell

Ann Byrne

Try this, from JAWS Help/internet explorer:
View List of Open Tabs CTRL+SHIFT+Q

At 08:07 PM 4/19/2015, you wrote:
Hi everyone,

Is there a keystroke to bring up a list of tabs on a web page, something
like the list of links or headings? I'm talking about pages that have tabs
within the page itself, not tab browsing.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Russell

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

I remember in the old days that use to work but I just did that with ie 11
and nothing...

At 08:07 PM 4/19/2015, you wrote:
Hi everyone,

Is there a keystroke to bring up a list of tabs on a web page,
something like the list of links or headings? I'm talking about pages
that have tabs within the page itself, not tab browsing.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Russell

Russell Solowoniuk

Hi,

I don't think we're talking about the same tabs here. I'm talking
about tabs within a web page, not separate web pages opened in
different tabs. Does this make sense? There are some web pages that
seem to be divided into different tabs... our university library's
site is just one. I think Blackboard Learn has different tabs as well.
I'm not sure, but I think the Freedom Scientific website is divided
into tabs. I'm wondering if there is an easy way to navigate these
tabs... hope I'm using the correct term.

Thanks,

Russell

At 08:07 PM 4/19/2015, you wrote:
Hi everyone,

Is there a keystroke to bring up a list of tabs on a web page,
something like the list of links or headings? I'm talking about pages
that have tabs within the page itself, not tab browsing.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Russell

Russell Solowoniuk
tel: 473-5819
e-mail: rsolowoniuk@gmail.com

Merv Keck <blind5sparrow@...>

Hi,

Freedom Scientific uses menus and sub-menus and slides but I am not sure
they use tabs. I was actually surprised that the carousel of slides they use
were accessible because many sites I go to are using them now and have
become inaccessible. I didn't even know that code was screen reader
accessible before FS did it.

As for tabs my insurance company has these tabs in the middle of their web
page that are graphical and you need to be able to find them in order to get
to the next section of the web page and do what needs to be done. It makes
paying your bill or doing pretty much anything on that site impossible
because moving to the next tab is very difficult with a screen reader.

I wonder if that is what you are talking about in reference to tabs.

Merv

Kevin Hourigan <kevinthourigan@...>

Hello Russell,
I came across these tabs in my local bus web site using a list of lists, (insert, control, L), , and I had difficulty moving to them; when I pressed enter Jaws said to press the space bar, but nothing happened. Then I pressed enter again and moved to the appropriate tab.
Cheers Kevin

At 08:07 PM 4/19/2015, you wrote:
Hi everyone,

Is there a keystroke to bring up a list of tabs on a web page,
something like the list of links or headings? I'm talking about pages
that have tabs within the page itself, not tab browsing.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Russell

Russell Solowoniuk
tel: 473-5819
e-mail: rsolowoniuk@gmail.com

Michael Mote

I think it really depends on the design of the web-site you're talking about
here. Some web sites are arranged by headings, or in some cases by regions.
I've never heard of a site arranged by tabs before. Interesting!

At 08:07 PM 4/19/2015, you wrote:
Hi everyone,

Is there a keystroke to bring up a list of tabs on a web page,
something like the list of links or headings? I'm talking about pages
that have tabs within the page itself, not tab browsing.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Russell

Russell Solowoniuk
tel: 473-5819
e-mail: rsolowoniuk@gmail.com

Russell Solowoniuk

Thanks everyone,

Yes, I think these are the tabs I'm talking about, but the ones I'm
running into are not graphical, so I am able to access them with Jaws.
I was just wondering if there was a keystroke to list all the tabs.
I'll try the Insert, CTRL, L and see what happens.

Thanks again.

Russell

At 08:07 PM 4/19/2015, you wrote:
Hi everyone,

Is there a keystroke to bring up a list of tabs on a web page,
something like the list of links or headings? I'm talking about pages
that have tabs within the page itself, not tab browsing.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Russell

Russell Solowoniuk
tel: 473-5819
e-mail: rsolowoniuk@gmail.com

Russell Solowoniuk
tel: 473-5819
e-mail: rsolowoniuk@gmail.com

Londa Peterson

I think that if you press the spacebar on one of the tabs, you can then
navigate left and right across the tabs. You can then go up and down through
the choices under each tab.It's kind of like an old style menu bar. See if
that helps.

At 08:07 PM 4/19/2015, you wrote:
Hi everyone,

Is there a keystroke to bring up a list of tabs on a web page,
something like the list of links or headings? I'm talking about pages
that have tabs within the page itself, not tab browsing.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Russell

Russell Solowoniuk
tel: 473-5819
e-mail: rsolowoniuk@gmail.com

Kevin Hourigan <kevinthourigan@...>

Hello,
The arrow keys had no effect; here is what happens.
I am on my local transit website, make my way to the list of routes using control insert L, make my way to a list containing weekday schedule tab, Sunday schedule tab, and Saturday schedule tab, I press enter to go to the list, press enter on Sunday schedule tab, and Jaws says "To activate tab press space bar", but prior to that I hear the pop for forms mode, and nothing happens when I press the space bar until I press enter which takes me to the appropriate tab; so I guess it is a forms mode issue.
I hope that is a little clearer than mud, lol.
Cheers Kevin.

At 08:07 PM 4/19/2015, you wrote:
Hi everyone,

Is there a keystroke to bring up a list of tabs on a web page,
something like the list of links or headings? I'm talking about pages
that have tabs within the page itself, not tab browsing.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Russell

Russell Solowoniuk
tel: 473-5819
e-mail: rsolowoniuk@gmail.com

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

Forms Mode is so uncertain to me. Sometimes, it is available, sometimes I have to hit Enter. It would be easier if it was one way or the other.

GIFT (God is forever true),

Carolyn