a blind musician requesting help from other blind brothers and sisters who love to sing and play

Ryan Coverdell

I have been singing gospel and other popular standards in
churches, rest homes, and other small groups for over twenty years.
In the early days, preparing a customized mix for each small group was
easy. Put the cd in the player, put a tape in, and press record. Or I
would put two tapes in a radio, press record and play, and seemlessly
make my mix.
Now, (at least from my point of view), making a mix isn't easy. I
have discovered a program called Cdex, which, when I run it, converts
me files to mp 3's. But where the problem arises is how I can best get
those mp-3 files onto a cd with the fewest and easiest keyboard
commands. The ripping program is mouse-oriented, and can be done by a
sighted person. But what if you want to copy an mp-3 file onto a cd?
And how can that file then be converted into a formatt that can be
played on a standard cd player? For the sake of this I am coining a
phrase radio-ready. How do I convert an mp-3 audio file down-loaded
from the internet onto a cd, with as few steps as possible,
seemlessly, onto a cd and convert it to a radio-ready formatt using
the key-board, by myself? Similarly, how do you convert songs from cd
to cd, also in as few steps as possible? Are there recording machines
that duplicate from cd to cd, so I can maybe avoid the computer?
Please, please respond to this question. It is very urgent. If you are
a musician who struggle with these issues and can share your stories,
please post to the list. If you are a musician who has answer to share
with your questioning brothers and sisters, please post. I sent out a
message earlier this week about Real Player cloud that generated
absolutely no response, and this issue with my music ministry and
accompaniment tracks is even more important. Thank you ahead of time.

Kindest regards,

Ryan Coverdell

P.S. If this list is not the best place to post your questions
please tell me that as well. Also, if you are a person with answers,
could you provide your phone number and the time you would be
available so I could maybe talk to you about these things? Again,
thank you for your response. I look forward to starting a lively
discussion among list members who have had a variety of experiences.

Aidan <aidan.smarttalk@...>

I don't know why you struggle so much? There are many burners out
there. You can get burnaware or express burn wich will put mp3 files
on cd in an audio format the standard cd format. And you can do it
with the keyboard. Rather sounds like you don't have enough computer
skills.

On 10/04/2015, Ryan Coverdell via Jfw <jfw@...> wrote:
[...]

Facebook: m.facebook.com/aidan.maher92
Skype: andries4451
Twitter: smarttalk7
Audioboo: www.audioboo.com/DjSpotlight

Nicole Massey <nyyki@...>

Cdex isn't difficult to use at all, and you don't have to use a mouse to do
anything in it. I've used it for years, and there are plenty of keyboard
commands that let you do whatever you want to do.
When burning to a CD I use a program called Nero, which handles this in its
express sub-program with little trouble. I can copy something from explorer
in a standard file tree and paste it into a window in the program and then
burn a CD with minimal effort.
I know of no blind accessible devices that will burn CD to CD without a
computer.

[...]

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

There's more good software out there (either cheap or free) than Carter has liver pills for this kind of thing. For plain old CD anthologies, I've used both Sonic and sibling Roxio. Media player does a pretty good job with MP3's, which can be copied like any other file.

Ted