ssd performance

Kristoffer Gustafsson

Hi.
I've Heard from a friend that if I buy a new laptop it will slow down
the speed performance of using jaws, skype, and such things.
Is that true?
The computer I'm thinking of buying as an ssd.
I've not used a such disk Before.
/Kristoffer

--
Kristoffer Gustafsson
Salängsgatan 7a

Peter.Logan@...

I think you would need to compare the specs of that system to what the
specs of your current system is to get an accurate view of what the
difference might be. I have been using a Helix Thinkpad for over a year
now .. and have noticed no impact from what I had previously... which was
a Thinkpad with a 5400rpm drive ...If anything it's faster....

Peter Logan
Database Administrator
SpartanNash INC.
Office: 616/878-8309
Mobile: 616/304-9672
E-Mail: peter.logan@...

From: Kristoffer Gustafsson via Jfw <jfw@...>
To: jfw@...
Date: 03/27/2015 03:53 AM
Subject: ssd performance
Sent by: "Jfw" <jfw-bounces@...>

Hi.
I've Heard from a friend that if I buy a new laptop it will slow down
the speed performance of using jaws, skype, and such things.
Is that true?
The computer I'm thinking of buying as an ssd.
I've not used a such disk Before.
/Kristoffer

--
Kristoffer Gustafsson
Salängsgatan 7a
tel:033-12 60 93
mobil: 0730-500934

Mario

in my experience, a ssd will absolutely not slow JAWS down.

I've Heard from a friend that if I buy a new laptop it will slow down
the speed performance of using jaws, skype, and such things.
Is that true?
The computer I'm thinking of buying as an ssd.
I've not used a such disk Before.
/Kristoffer

--
Kristoffer Gustafsson
Salängsgatan 7a
tel:033-12 60 93
mobil: 0730-500934

Londa Peterson

I think JAWS as well as all my other programs are faster on my SSD.

in my experience, a ssd will absolutely not slow JAWS down.

I've Heard from a friend that if I buy a new laptop it will slow down
the speed performance of using jaws, skype, and such things.
Is that true?
The computer I'm thinking of buying as an ssd.
I've not used a such disk Before.
/Kristoffer

--
Kristoffer Gustafsson
Salängsgatan 7a
tel:033-12 60 93
mobil: 0730-500934

Kristoffer Gustafsson

Hi.
Ok, someone said to me that the performance would be a Little mor bad
if I buy an ssd install of a normal one.
At the moment I've got a five year old dell laptop with a core 2duo processor.
The one I'm planning to buy is the probook 650, with 2.2 core i7
processor, ssd disk on 256 gb.
/Kristoffer

Hi.
I've Heard from a friend that if I buy a new laptop it will slow down
the speed performance of using jaws, skype, and such things.
Is that true?
The computer I'm thinking of buying as an ssd.
I've not used a such disk Before.
/Kristoffer

--
Kristoffer Gustafsson
Salängsgatan 7a
tel:033-12 60 93
mobil: 0730-500934
--
Kristoffer Gustafsson
Salängsgatan 7a
tel:033-12 60 93
mobil: 0730-500934

Mario

SSDs are solid state drives which have no moving parts, so data
storage/retrieval is instant. they replace the traditional hard drive with
spinning platters.
but the general specs for the ProBook looks fine.

[...]

Both windows 7 and 8. I can't use 8 at this time.
It comes with 16 gb of ram too.
/Kristoffer

Hi.
I've Heard from a friend that if I buy a new laptop it will slow down
the speed performance of using jaws, skype, and such things.
Is that true?
The computer I'm thinking of buying as an ssd.
I've not used a such disk Before.
/Kristoffer

--
Kristoffer Gustafsson
Salängsgatan 7a
tel:033-12 60 93
mobil: 0730-500934
--
Kristoffer Gustafsson
Salängsgatan 7a
tel:033-12 60 93
mobil: 0730-500934

Mario

oh, 16 GB is more than enough to last a while before needing to upgrade it.
Go for it, and good luck.

Both windows 7 and 8. I can't use 8 at this time.
It comes with 16 gb of ram too.
/Kristoffer

Hi.
I've Heard from a friend that if I buy a new laptop it will slow down
the speed performance of using jaws, skype, and such things.
Is that true?
The computer I'm thinking of buying as an ssd.
I've not used a such disk Before.
/Kristoffer

--
Kristoffer Gustafsson
Salängsgatan 7a
tel:033-12 60 93
mobil: 0730-500934

--
Kristoffer Gustafsson
Salängsgatan 7a
tel:033-12 60 93
mobil: 0730-500934

Kristoffer Gustafsson

How fast do you the computer will be?

Skickat från min iPhone

28 mar 2015 kl. 15:22 skrev Mario Brusco <mrb620@...>:

[...]

Ariel

SSD drives increase performance rather than slowing it down.