excel question

Barbara Hansen <the2skibears@...>

Hello all,

I know this question has been addressed before, but didn't need to know at
that time.

I am needing to add a row in an excel document that has already been
created. I am using jaws version 16 and office 2010. Your assistance on
keystroke for inserting a line in this document would be appreciated.

Barbara H.

Nicole Massey <nyyki@...>

Go to the row below where you want to insert the line. Press Control+ the
plus key. Arrow down to Insert entire row and press enter. There are other
ways to do this, but this is the one I find to be the fastest and easiest,
and it works in every version of Excel I've encountered going back as far as
versions for Windows 3x.

I know this question has been addressed before, but didn't need to know
at that time.

I am needing to add a row in an excel document that has already been
created. I am using jaws version 16 and office 2010. Your assistance on
keystroke for inserting a line in this document would be appreciated.

Barbara H.

Ann Byrne

alt-i, then r, then enter.

At 06:59 PM 3/5/2015, you wrote:
Hello all,

I know this question has been addressed before, but didn't need to know at
that time.

I am needing to add a row in an excel document that has already been
created. I am using jaws version 16 and office 2010. Your assistance on
keystroke for inserting a line in this document would be appreciated.

Barbara H.

Charles Coe

You can press the application key, then press I, then enter, then R for
insert entire row.

I know this question has been addressed before, but didn't need to know at
that time.

I am needing to add a row in an excel document that has already been
created. I am using jaws version 16 and office 2010. Your assistance on
keystroke for inserting a line in this document would be appreciated.

Barbara H.

dreamy.eyes.ten@...

May I add my own question to this thread please?
With jaws how do you tell if data/text hasn't fully fitted in a box? and I used to know this with previous versions, how do you make the boxes bigger in order to fit the data/text in?

Many thanks

Sent from my iPhone

On 6 Mar 2015, at 1:00 am, Nicole Massey via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:

Go to the row below where you want to insert the line. Press Control+ the
plus key. Arrow down to Insert entire row and press enter. There are other
ways to do this, but this is the one I find to be the fastest and easiest,
and it works in every version of Excel I've encountered going back as far as
versions for Windows 3x.

I know this question has been addressed before, but didn't need to know
at that time.

I am needing to add a row in an excel document that has already been
created. I am using jaws version 16 and office 2010. Your assistance on
keystroke for inserting a line in this document would be appreciated.

Barbara H.

Mcginnis, Barbara

Press alt followed by h for home, I for insert and use your down arrow to choose add row or press R.

I know this question has been addressed before, but didn't need to know at that time.

I am needing to add a row in an excel document that has already been created. I am using jaws version 16 and office 2010. Your assistance on keystroke for inserting a line in this document would be appreciated.

Barbara H.

________________________________

Kimber Gardner

When three pound signs ### appear in a cell, you know the cell isn't
wide enough to display its contents. You can change the width of the
column in the format menu under the home tab. The keystrokes are: alt
H, O, W.

I hope this helps.

wrote:

Go to the row below where you want to insert the line. Press Control+ the
plus key. Arrow down to Insert entire row and press enter. There are
other
ways to do this, but this is the one I find to be the fastest and
easiest,
and it works in every version of Excel I've encountered going back as far
as
versions for Windows 3x.

I know this question has been addressed before, but didn't need to know
at that time.

I am needing to add a row in an excel document that has already been
created. I am using jaws version 16 and office 2010. Your assistance on
keystroke for inserting a line in this document would be appreciated.

Barbara H.

Kimberly

Ann Byrne

With the column selected press alt-h, then o, then i. The column will be widened to match the largest cell. If you don't select the column but your cursor is in the cell that's too small, the column will be widened to match the size of that cell, but not necessarily the widest one in the column

<jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:

Go to the row below where you want to insert the line. Press Control+ the
plus key. Arrow down to Insert entire row and press enter. There are other
ways to do this, but this is the one I find to be the fastest and easiest,
and it works in every version of Excel I've encountered going
back as far as
versions for Windows 3x.

I know this question has been addressed before, but didn't need to know
at that time.

I am needing to add a row in an excel document that has already been
created. I am using jaws version 16 and office 2010. Your assistance on
keystroke for inserting a line in this document would be appreciated.

Barbara H.

Greg Nickel

Alt + H + O + I automatically adjusts the collum width and alt + H + O + W
lets you adjust manually.

I know this question has been addressed before, but didn't need to know
at that time.

I am needing to add a row in an excel document that has already been
created. I am using jaws version 16 and office 2010. Your assistance on
keystroke for inserting a line in this document would be appreciated.

Barbara H.

Marianne Denning

This works very well. If you want to adjust several columns at one
time just select all the columns then alt+h then o then i.

On 3/6/15, Greg Nickel via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
Alt + H + O + I automatically adjusts the collum width and alt + H + O + W
lets you adjust manually.

I know this question has been addressed before, but didn't need to know
at that time.

I am needing to add a row in an excel document that has already been
created. I am using jaws version 16 and office 2010. Your assistance on
keystroke for inserting a line in this document would be appreciated.

Barbara H.

Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

dreamy.eyes.ten@...

Hi guys.
very helpful thank you.
still confused about knowing when text is too big for the column, I use jaws and have no sight.
Also how would i just make the whole spreadsheet wider so everything fits, or would that look odd?

Many thanks :)

Sent from my iPhone

On 6 Mar 2015, at 4:22 pm, Greg Nickel <greg.nickel.works@gmail.com> wrote:

Alt + H + O + I automatically adjusts the collum width and alt + H + O + W
lets you adjust manually.

I know this question has been addressed before, but didn't need to know
at that time.

I am needing to add a row in an excel document that has already been
created. I am using jaws version 16 and office 2010. Your assistance on
keystroke for inserting a line in this document would be appreciated.

Barbara H.

Dave...

There is a Setting for Excel that should announce whether your text is
exceeding the width of the visible cell. Good to have before handing off
your spreadsheet to a colleague or printing.

Insert+V for the Quick settings
Then
Workbook, worksheet, and Region Settings
Cell Appearance
cell text visibility detection - set to On

Dave Carlson
Oregonian, Musician, Woodworker, and Pioneer

I know this question has been addressed before, but didn't need to know
at that time.

I am needing to add a row in an excel document that has already been
created. I am using jaws version 16 and office 2010. Your assistance on
keystroke for inserting a line in this document would be appreciated.

Barbara H.

Marianne Denning

Thanks Dave. I rarely make changes so I have a question. When I use
insert v will those changes hold for all Excel documents or do I need
to go in each time and make that change?