JAWS 16 issue with Word/Outlook 2013

Michael Mote

Hi folks! I'm getting more and more frustrated with JAWS 16, and the
inability to do simple tasks with it. Today, I was working on a report in
Microsoft Word, and had to continuously correct spelling errors, because for
some reason JAWS likes to add characters, or in some cases, put the letters
in the wrong order when I type. This has just started with JAWS 16. I have
noticed it since day 1, and it has not been resolved yet. I hope someone
from FS monitors this list. This has to be fixed. The same thing happens
when sending emails. Thank goodness I proofread everything before I send it
out.

Dave...

Mike,

Not sure I understand. You're saying that JAWS is adding the incorrect
characters as you type?

Dave Carlson
Oregonian, Musician, Woodworker, and Pioneer

Hi folks! I'm getting more and more frustrated with JAWS 16, and the
inability to do simple tasks with it. Today, I was working on a report in
Microsoft Word, and had to continuously correct spelling errors, because for
some reason JAWS likes to add characters, or in some cases, put the letters
in the wrong order when I type. This has just started with JAWS 16. I have
noticed it since day 1, and it has not been resolved yet. I hope someone
from FS monitors this list. This has to be fixed. The same thing happens
when sending emails. Thank goodness I proofread everything before I send it
out.

Kimber Gardner

I'm sorry to hear this is still happening. It's been present in
version 16 since the release and is the main reason I am still using
version 15.

On 3/3/15, Michael Mote via Jfw <jfw@...> wrote:
Hi folks! I'm getting more and more frustrated with JAWS 16, and the
inability to do simple tasks with it. Today, I was working on a report in
Microsoft Word, and had to continuously correct spelling errors, because
for
some reason JAWS likes to add characters, or in some cases, put the letters
in the wrong order when I type. This has just started with JAWS 16. I
have
noticed it since day 1, and it has not been resolved yet. I hope someone
from FS monitors this list. This has to be fixed. The same thing happens
when sending emails. Thank goodness I proofread everything before I send
it
out.

Kimberly

Andre Jarreau <andre.jarreau@...>

I have had similar problems. I type a paragraph only to find that the
cursor got behind a few words of the prior sentence and injects typing after
that into the prior sentence. I only catch it after the paragraph is
finished and I go back and read it. Very annoying.

Hi folks! I'm getting more and more frustrated with JAWS 16, and the
inability to do simple tasks with it. Today, I was working on a report in
Microsoft Word, and had to continuously correct spelling errors, because for
some reason JAWS likes to add characters, or in some cases, put the letters
in the wrong order when I type. This has just started with JAWS 16. I have
noticed it since day 1, and it has not been resolved yet. I hope someone
from FS monitors this list. This has to be fixed. The same thing happens
when sending emails. Thank goodness I proofread everything before I send it
out.

Michal Nowicki <mnowicki4@...>

I use JAWS 16 and Office 2013, and I never had this problem. As far as I
know, FS does not monitor this list, so I recommend that you submit your
concern to FS tech support directly, either by e-mail or by phone? Good
luck!

Hi folks! I'm getting more and more frustrated with JAWS 16, and the
inability to do simple tasks with it. Today, I was working on a report in
Microsoft Word, and had to continuously correct spelling errors, because for
some reason JAWS likes to add characters, or in some cases, put the letters
in the wrong order when I type. This has just started with JAWS 16. I have
noticed it since day 1, and it has not been resolved yet. I hope someone
from FS monitors this list. This has to be fixed. The same thing happens
when sending emails. Thank goodness I proofread everything before I send it
out.

Marianne Denning

I was working with a student who had a similar problem. It turned out
he was using a Dell computer and there is some compatibility issue.
When he installed JAWS 16 he received a message that the mirror image
drivers did not install correctly. He contacted FS and they helped
him get everything fixed.

On 3/3/15, Michael Mote via Jfw <jfw@...> wrote:
Hi folks! I'm getting more and more frustrated with JAWS 16, and the
inability to do simple tasks with it. Today, I was working on a report in
Microsoft Word, and had to continuously correct spelling errors, because
for
some reason JAWS likes to add characters, or in some cases, put the letters
in the wrong order when I type. This has just started with JAWS 16. I
have
noticed it since day 1, and it has not been resolved yet. I hope someone
from FS monitors this list. This has to be fixed. The same thing happens
when sending emails. Thank goodness I proofread everything before I send
it
out.

Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Cristóbal

This was happening to me quite a bit and driving me crazy. I may not be the
the cleanist typist, but always having to go back and fix typos that I had
never made out of the blue every other sentence was maddening.
I had another Jaws issue going on and ended up deleting all the JFW 16 files
and slowly adding the backed up ones one at a time (JDF, JFC, etc.) and
wouldn't you know, not only did the issue I was originally having go away,
but so did this incredibly annoying problem with characters being misplaced
and magically appearing when typing.

Hi folks! I'm getting more and more frustrated with JAWS 16, and the
inability to do simple tasks with it. Today, I was working on a report in
Microsoft Word, and had to continuously correct spelling errors, because for
some reason JAWS likes to add characters, or in some cases, put the letters
in the wrong order when I type. This has just started with JAWS 16. I have
noticed it since day 1, and it has not been resolved yet. I hope someone
from FS monitors this list. This has to be fixed. The same thing happens
when sending emails. Thank goodness I proofread everything before I send it
out.

Londa Peterson

I have talked to them about this. Odd thing is that for me it doesn't happen
if my braille display is not connected. Also, if I use Braille in rather
than the qwerty keyboard, it doesn't happen. It's a very strange and
annoying issue.

Hi folks! I'm getting more and more frustrated with JAWS 16, and the
inability to do simple tasks with it. Today, I was working on a report in
Microsoft Word, and had to continuously correct spelling errors, because for
some reason JAWS likes to add characters, or in some cases, put the letters
in the wrong order when I type. This has just started with JAWS 16. I have
noticed it since day 1, and it has not been resolved yet. I hope someone
from FS monitors this list. This has to be fixed. The same thing happens
when sending emails. Thank goodness I proofread everything before I send it
out.

Stan Bobbitt

Hi, I too have been using JAWS 16 with office 2013 and have not experienced this with any type of text document. Windows 8.1.
Stan B

Hi folks! I'm getting more and more frustrated with JAWS 16, and the
inability to do simple tasks with it. Today, I was working on a report in
Microsoft Word, and had to continuously correct spelling errors, because for
some reason JAWS likes to add characters, or in some cases, put the letters
in the wrong order when I type. This has just started with JAWS 16. I have
noticed it since day 1, and it has not been resolved yet. I hope someone
from FS monitors this list. This has to be fixed. The same thing happens
when sending emails. Thank goodness I proofread everything before I send it
out.

brian albriton

I've experienced this apparent scrambling of words and letters on occasion
for the last couple years using jaws 13 and office 2010., using word to be
precise.
When I restart jaws the problem goes away.
Brian