Amazon Prime

Marianne Denning

I joined Amazon Prime. I have 30 days to decide if I want to continue
my membership. Have any of you used Amazon Prime? If so, what do you
like best about it? I am thinking about the movies, music and Kindle
Books. Since I use JAWS to access those materials, I especially want
to know how well it works.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

mstott69@...

I use Amazon all the time, and I love it. It's great for shipment

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 22, 2015, at 1:50 PM, Marianne Denning via Jfw <jfw@...> wrote:

I joined Amazon Prime. I have 30 days to decide if I want to continue
my membership. Have any of you used Amazon Prime? If so, what do you
like best about it? I am thinking about the movies, music and Kindle
Books. Since I use JAWS to access those materials, I especially want
to know how well it works.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Tasha Raella Chemel <tasha.chemel@...>

I get a lot of my textbooks on Amazon kindle and then convert them to html.

<jfw@...> wrote:

I joined Amazon Prime. I have 30 days to decide if I want to continue
my membership. Have any of you used Amazon Prime? If so, what do you
like best about it? I am thinking about the movies, music and Kindle
Books. Since I use JAWS to access those materials, I especially want
to know how well it works.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Marianne Denning

Thanks. I use Amazon but I signed up for Amazon Prime which costs
$99.00 each year and I am trying to decide if it is worth that.

<jfw@...> wrote:

I joined Amazon Prime. I have 30 days to decide if I want to continue
my membership. Have any of you used Amazon Prime? If so, what do you
like best about it? I am thinking about the movies, music and Kindle
Books. Since I use JAWS to access those materials, I especially want
to know how well it works.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Marianne Denning

Have you tried to do the same thing with regular books?

<jfw@...> wrote:

I joined Amazon Prime. I have 30 days to decide if I want to continue
my membership. Have any of you used Amazon Prime? If so, what do you
like best about it? I am thinking about the movies, music and Kindle
Books. Since I use JAWS to access those materials, I especially want
to know how well it works.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Cristóbal

Being worth it is a subjective thing. The wife and I have it and like it a
lot. Free two day shipping, Amazon Instant Video, Subscribe and Save, etc.
But you were asking about Jaws based access. Other than accessing the Amazon
site with Jaws, I don’t' really use the services offered by Amazon Prime
with Jaws. I know there's a Kindle reading solution for the PC that's
supposed to be accessible, but I tried it a couple of years ago and found
the over all experience to be tedious and annoying. All the other stuff
which I do think is worth the $99.00 we access off of other platforms.
Mainly our iOS devices and the Roku. My wife's sighted so she's a heavy user
of Instant Video, but it's there for me on my iPhone if ever I want to watch
something. The iOS Kindle app is fully accessible now.
Even then, I've found myself doing a lot of my shopping on Amazon more and
more with the iPhone app.
Again, I do think it's worth it, but not because of any special
accessibility with Jaws.

<jfw@...> wrote:

I joined Amazon Prime. I have 30 days to decide if I want to continue
my membership. Have any of you used Amazon Prime? If so, what do you
like best about it? I am thinking about the movies, music and Kindle
Books. Since I use JAWS to access those materials, I especially want
to know how well it works.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Marianne Denning

Do you and your wife share a single account on more than one computer or device?

<jfw@...> wrote:

I joined Amazon Prime. I have 30 days to decide if I want to continue
my membership. Have any of you used Amazon Prime? If so, what do you
like best about it? I am thinking about the movies, music and Kindle
Books. Since I use JAWS to access those materials, I especially want
to know how well it works.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Drew Hunthausen

I signed up for the amazon prime a couple of years ago not knowing that it
started charging me automatically after the end of the trial. I don't know
if there are more useful features now, but back than the extra money wasn't
worth it for me because all it really did was give me free two day shipping
and a few other free things like occational videos. The subscribe and save
as well as a couple of the other things like kindle books that were
mentioned are actually free if you don't have amazon prime. I'd look closely
at the features and benefits first. The free two day shipping is nice, but I
wasn't in a position were I needed it as I usually could get the free super
saver shipping and wait for the longer shipping time. Hope this helps

<jfw@...> wrote:

I joined Amazon Prime. I have 30 days to decide if I want to
continue my membership. Have any of you used Amazon Prime? If so,
what do you like best about it? I am thinking about the movies,
music and Kindle Books. Since I use JAWS to access those materials, I
especially want to know how well it works.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

II am on the 30 day trial right now. I like that 2 day shipping thing,
because I am very impatient.

I have not looked into or used the other stuff you mentioned. I just didn't
care for it.

“Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure,
loyalty and persistence.” Colin Powell

<jfw@...> wrote:

I joined Amazon Prime. I have 30 days to decide if I want to
continue my membership. Have any of you used Amazon Prime? If so,
what do you like best about it? I am thinking about the movies,
music and Kindle Books. Since I use JAWS to access those materials, I
especially want to know how well it works.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Andre Jarreau <andre.jarreau@...>

Whoever wrote that Kindle books can be converted to heml please contact me
off list I have a few questions about this.

Thanks

Tasha Raella Chemel <tasha.chemel@...>

For everyon'es information, I use a program called Kindle DRM removal, and a
python script called mobi unpack. You should be able to google these. To my
knowledge, this isn't illegal, since there are copyright exceptions for
people who are hacking DRM-protected books for accessibility purposes.

Whoever wrote that Kindle books can be converted to heml please contact me
off list I have a few questions about this.

Thanks

Brent Harding

It depends. I would imagine if one ordered something monthly, and maybe other things now and then, it will be worth it. It seems like most places charge $6 to $8 for shipping, so one monthly order may save you some, since 2-day usually costs a lot more.

<jfw@...> wrote:

I joined Amazon Prime. I have 30 days to decide if I want to continue
my membership. Have any of you used Amazon Prime? If so, what do you
like best about it? I am thinking about the movies, music and Kindle
Books. Since I use JAWS to access those materials, I especially want
to know how well it works.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

T. Civitello

I tried the 30 day trial period. Not everything on Amazon qualifies for Prime, and I found them to ve a little overly optimistic on their 2 day delivery promise. If you decide against it after the trial period don't wait until day 30 to cancel. I did and had trouble as they went ahead and charged my credit card very promptly. Tom

<jfw@...> wrote:

I joined Amazon Prime. I have 30 days to decide if I want to continue
my membership. Have any of you used Amazon Prime? If so, what do you
like best about it? I am thinking about the movies, music and Kindle
Books. Since I use JAWS to access those materials, I especially want
to know how well it works.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Cristóbal

Always pay attention to the garranteed delivery dates. Amazon will give you
an extra month of Prime if your package is late. You just have to contact
them about it. I've done this a few times and it's worked for me. I've also
gotten gift card promo codes for my troubles. Nice perk that Amazon doesn't
really advertize, but is there. Put it this way... I'm not exactly
heartbroken should an order show up one day late.