Outlook 2010 and spell check

Jim L

Heya folks,

For ages now using Jaws 15 and now latest Jaws 16 on a windows 7 64bit PC
and Outlook 2010 75% of the time when I use spell check in Outlook 2010 Jaws
loses speech when I just tab past the first couple of options e.g language,
ignore etc. Speech seems to freeze on the Outlook program itself till I do a
windows M key and return to the desktop. Does anybody else have this issue?
Is it fixed in Jaws 16 as didnt seem to be fixed in any of the 15 updates.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Jim

Cy Selfridge

Hi,
Yes, I am using W7 64 bit, JAWS 14, Office 2007 and have had this problem
since JAWS 11 upon occasion.
Sometimes JAWS just seems to wander off into lala land and, eventually, will
return - sorta. (LOLLOL)
I thought it was Outlook which was the problem though.
Cy
Cy

For ages now using Jaws 15 and now latest Jaws 16 on a windows 7 64bit PC
and Outlook 2010 75% of the time when I use spell check in Outlook 2010 Jaws
loses speech when I just tab past the first couple of options e.g language,
ignore etc. Speech seems to freeze on the Outlook program itself till I do a
windows M key and return to the desktop. Does anybody else have this issue?
Is it fixed in Jaws 16 as didnt seem to be fixed in any of the 15 updates.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Jim

Michael Mote

Jim, the freezing issues are not fixed. In fact, I think it's worse in JAWS
16 than it has been since JAWS 14.

For ages now using Jaws 15 and now latest Jaws 16 on a windows 7 64bit PC
and Outlook 2010 75% of the time when I use spell check in Outlook 2010 Jaws
loses speech when I just tab past the first couple of options e.g language,
ignore etc. Speech seems to freeze on the Outlook program itself till I do a
windows M key and return to the desktop. Does anybody else have this issue?
Is it fixed in Jaws 16 as didnt seem to be fixed in any of the 15 updates.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Jim

Cristóbal

That's always been the case for me going back many versions of Jaws. I
always report it to FS and especially during the beta cycles, but alas, it's
never gone away.

For ages now using Jaws 15 and now latest Jaws 16 on a windows 7 64bit PC
and Outlook 2010 75% of the time when I use spell check in Outlook 2010 Jaws
loses speech when I just tab past the first couple of options e.g language,
ignore etc. Speech seems to freeze on the Outlook program itself till I do a
windows M key and return to the desktop. Does anybody else have this issue?
Is it fixed in Jaws 16 as didnt seem to be fixed in any of the 15 updates.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Jim

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

That's strange, that's what we use here, and I've never seen that.

Jim, the freezing issues are not fixed. In fact, I think it's worse in JAWS
16 than it has been since JAWS 14.

For ages now using Jaws 15 and now latest Jaws 16 on a windows 7 64bit PC and Outlook 2010 75% of the time when I use spell check in Outlook 2010 Jaws loses speech when I just tab past the first couple of options e.g language, ignore etc. Speech seems to freeze on the Outlook program itself till I do a windows M key and return to the desktop. Does anybody else have this issue?
Is it fixed in Jaws 16 as didnt seem to be fixed in any of the 15 updates.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Jim

Barbara Hansen <the2skibears@...>

I agree. The freezing issues are worse in JAWS 16. I wasn't sure what was
happening, was afraid something was going on with this computer, as I have
only had this one for about 3 months.

Barbara H.

Jim, the freezing issues are not fixed. In fact, I think it's worse in JAWS
16 than it has been since JAWS 14.

For ages now using Jaws 15 and now latest Jaws 16 on a windows 7 64bit PC
and Outlook 2010 75% of the time when I use spell check in Outlook 2010 Jaws
loses speech when I just tab past the first couple of options e.g language,
ignore etc. Speech seems to freeze on the Outlook program itself till I do a
windows M key and return to the desktop. Does anybody else have this issue?
Is it fixed in Jaws 16 as didnt seem to be fixed in any of the 15 updates.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Jim

Adrian Spratt

I have to wonder if there's a factor outside JAWS and Outlook that causes this problem because, Like Ted, I don't experience it. I'm running the current release of JAWS 16 with Outlook 2010 on a Win7 machine. I haven't experienced this problem, either, in earlier versions of JAWS. Could it be a RAM or other memory issue? Also, I reboot my system at least once a day because JAWS begs me to. Spell-check can be one of the symptoms. Once I reboot, all's well.

Jim, the freezing issues are not fixed. In fact, I think it's worse in JAWS
16 than it has been since JAWS 14.

For ages now using Jaws 15 and now latest Jaws 16 on a windows 7 64bit PC
and Outlook 2010 75% of the time when I use spell check in Outlook 2010 Jaws
loses speech when I just tab past the first couple of options e.g language,
ignore etc. Speech seems to freeze on the Outlook program itself till I do a
windows M key and return to the desktop. Does anybody else have this issue?
Is it fixed in Jaws 16 as didnt seem to be fixed in any of the 15 updates.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Jim

Jim L

I doubt it as this can happen to me within an hour of a bootup and am glad
just to hear it aint just me it happens too, am annoyed lately with Jaws as
they can't seem to get the focus issues in firefox sorted out also