Topics

OCR component not installed?

Matthew Bullis

Hello, when trying to use the document mode for the quick OCR, Jaws 16 says the component isn't installed. Should I go somewhere or do something to complete the installation?
Thanks,
Matthew

Hozefa Tambawala

You need to keep your internet connection on while installing JAWS so
that the component get install automatically or you can manually
download and install the component from here.
ftp://ftp.freedomscientific.com/users/hj/private/WebFiles/Tools/FSOcr13.0.1512ENU.exe

Note: you must restart your computer after the installation.

On 2/12/15, Matthew Bullis via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
Hello, when trying to use the document mode for the quick OCR, Jaws 16 says
the component isn't installed. Should I go somewhere or do something to
complete the installation?
Thanks,
Matthew
"Life is like a piano.
White keys are happy moments
& Black keys are sad moments.

Follow me on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/starhoze

Skype ID:
star.hoze

Warm Regards,

Hozefa...

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

I think it also works automatically when installing from a disk.

Ted

You need to keep your internet connection on while installing JAWS so that the component get install automatically or you can manually download and install the component from here.
ftp://ftp.freedomscientific.com/users/hj/private/WebFiles/Tools/FSOcr13.0.1512ENU.exe

Note: you must restart your computer after the installation.

On 2/12/15, Matthew Bullis via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
Hello, when trying to use the document mode for the quick OCR, Jaws 16
says the component isn't installed. Should I go somewhere or do
something to complete the installation?
Thanks,
Matthew
scrubbed...

"Life is like a piano.
White keys are happy moments
& Black keys are sad moments.

Follow me on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/starhoze

Skype ID:
star.hoze

Warm Regards,

Hozefa...

Hozefa Tambawala

May be...

On 2/12/15, Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS) <Ted.Lisle@ky.gov> wrote:
[...]

Marks, Jim

I had the same problem, and the solution was to delete programs from my hard drive. The drive was too full so there wasn't enough room to install everything. Once I cleaned up the drive, Jaws 16 installed nicely.

------
Jim Marks
jimmarks@mt.gov