Deleting folders in Outlook 2013

Cal

Hi. I'm trying to delete a mail folder in Outlook 2013, but when I try to right click on it nothing happens. I've checked online and the instructions I found tell me to right click on the folder in question and it'll bring up options to rename, delete, etc., but when I do a right click absolutely nothing happens. Is this a JAWS 16 issue or an Outlook 2013 issue, or am I doing it totally wrong? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Feliciano G

You must use the applications key or shift plus f10.

Regards, Feliciano

Sent from the Super-iPhone

On Dec 22, 2014, at 9:55 AM, ct via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:

Hi. I'm trying to delete a mail folder in Outlook 2013, but when I try to right click on it nothing happens. I've checked online and the instructions I found tell me to right click on the folder in question and it'll bring up options to rename, delete, etc., but when I do a right click absolutely nothing happens. Is this a JAWS 16 issue or an Outlook 2013 issue, or am I doing it totally wrong? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Dave...

I have found that first you need to press enter on a folder, before you can delete it. Try that.

Dave Carlson
Sent from my iPhone using the handwriting feature.

On Dec 22, 2014, at 9:55, ct via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:

Hi. I'm trying to delete a mail folder in Outlook 2013, but when I try to right click on it nothing happens. I've checked online and the instructions I found tell me to right click on the folder in question and it'll bring up options to rename, delete, etc., but when I do a right click absolutely nothing happens. Is this a JAWS 16 issue or an Outlook 2013 issue, or am I doing it totally wrong? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Guerra Access Technology Training <gaccesstt@...>

Its not a JAWS 16 issue at all!

Is it a Gmail account?
Are you using IMAP or Pop?

Use the Applications key on the folder you wish to delete or Shift+F10 and
see if the options come up.

Respectfully,

Guerra Access Technology Training LLC
An Authorized state of Minnesota Vendor for Technology Training

Call Guerra Access Technology Training LLC
guerra Access Technology Training LLC
Visit Guerra Access Technology Training on the Web

Hi. I'm trying to delete a mail folder in Outlook 2013, but when I try to
right click on it nothing happens. I've checked online and the instructions
I found tell me to right click on the folder in question and it'll bring up
options to rename, delete, etc., but when I do a right click absolutely
nothing happens. Is this a JAWS 16 issue or an Outlook 2013 issue, or am I
doing it totally wrong? Thanks for any help you can provide.

david <davidwhitehead1957@...>

hello;
no no no no, no need to press enter,

this just places you into the list of messages for that particular folder.
if your wanting to delete a folder,

you need to place yourself into the folder view,

so, from the inbox, do a shift tab,
now you can lettter navigate to the folder you wish to delete, you can press
the applications key, or shift f10, up arrow and enter on delete, or? you
could use the delete key.

note, these instructions assume you have the folders all on the same level,
and not have the folders inside the inbox.

I have found that first you need to press enter on a folder, before you can
delete it. Try that.

Dave Carlson
Sent from my iPhone using the handwriting feature.

On Dec 22, 2014, at 9:55, ct via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:

Hi. I'm trying to delete a mail folder in Outlook 2013, but when I try to
right click on it nothing happens. I've checked online and the instructions
I found tell me to right click on the folder in question and it'll bring up
options to rename, delete, etc., but when I do a right click absolutely
nothing happens. Is this a JAWS 16 issue or an Outlook 2013 issue, or am I
doing it totally wrong? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Dan Kerstetter <dhk55@...>

From the inbox you can shift tab once. There if you arrow down, you'll see
a list of your folders. Find the one you want to delete and right click
using either the applications key or shift f10. The list of options is
quite lengthy, but there is a delete option.

HTH

Dan

You must use the applications key or shift plus f10.

Regards, Feliciano

Sent from the Super-iPhone

On Dec 22, 2014, at 9:55 AM, ct via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:

Hi. I'm trying to delete a mail folder in Outlook 2013, but when I try to
right click on it nothing happens. I've checked online and the instructions
I found tell me to right click on the folder in question and it'll bring up
options to rename, delete, etc., but when I do a right click absolutely
nothing happens. Is this a JAWS 16 issue or an Outlook 2013 issue, or am I
doing it totally wrong? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Adrian Spratt

After pressing the applications key, press d for delete. You will be asked to confirm, which you do with the enter key.

You must use the applications key or shift plus f10.

Regards, Feliciano

Sent from the Super-iPhone

On Dec 22, 2014, at 9:55 AM, ct via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:

Hi. I'm trying to delete a mail folder in Outlook 2013, but when I try to
right click on it nothing happens. I've checked online and the instructions
I found tell me to right click on the folder in question and it'll bring up
options to rename, delete, etc., but when I do a right click absolutely
nothing happens. Is this a JAWS 16 issue or an Outlook 2013 issue, or am I
doing it totally wrong? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Tim Ford

You can also press shift-delete and save yourself from having to delete the folder permanently.

Tim Ford