Outlook 2013: JAWS Crashing Every Time I Navigate There

Kane Brolin

Hello,fellow listers.

I am a JAWS 15 user--in this case, running the most recent 64-bit
release of that edition;: 15.0.12085. Recently, I have taken a new
position as contractor for a firm that requested I purchase and use
Office 2013. While I was expecting some minor accessibility glitches,
what I have gotten today goes far beyond that: I cannot interact at
all with Outlook 2013 and JAWS.

With Word 2013 and Excel 2013, no accessibility problem of any sort
has manifested itself so far. But whenever I navigate to any open
Outlook screen--whether it's the Today screen or my e-mail inbox--JAWS
instantly shuts down due to an unidentified error. Just completely
shuts down--meaning that I have to re-start the program, which shuts
down once again as soon as I navigate back to Outlook.

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate on a Dell M6400 laptop loaded with 8 GB of RAM.

Naturally, I phoned the FS Help Desk, but the support technician said
she is not familiar with such a drastic error. And while she is
recommending that I upgrade to Ver. 16, she does not believe that this
action in itself would necessarily overcome the crashes I experience
now every time.

Has anyone encountered this with Outlook 2013? Is there anything
specific I can do (as in the theme or background settings) to stop
this error sequence from happening again?

Kind regards,

-Kane

Harris, Robert <harris.robert@...>

There was a couple of 15 upgrades that made Outlook 2013 unaccessible. I went above 15.500 at home and it was fine. Are you using Home or Pro addition of JFW? It makes a difference as your in Windows 7 Ultinate.

Just my .02

Bobby and Prince

[...]

Guerra Access Technology Training <gaccesstt@...>

Kane,

Have you downloaded Jaws 16 as a demo and tried it?

Another question is what views are yo u defaulting to in Outlook 2013?

Are you using imap, Exchange, pop3?

I would be willing to work with you on this off list, see my contact info
below.

Respectfully,

Guerra Access Technology Training LLC
An Authorized state of Minnesota Vendor for Technology Training

Call Guerra Access Technology Training LLC
guerra Access Technology Training LLC
Visit Guerra Access Technology Training on the Web

[...]

On 12/8/14, Harris, Robert <harris.robert@...> wrote:
Are you using Home or Pro edition of JFW? It makes a difference as your in Windows > 7 Ultinate.
JAWS 15 Professional.

On 12/8/14, Guerra Access Technology Training <gaccesstt@...> wrote:
Have you downloaded Jaws 16 as a demo and tried it?
Not yet.

Another question is what views are you defaulting to in Outlook 2013?
Not sure of this, since I have not had the luxury so far of even
looking at the active menus when Outlook is open.

Are you using iMap, Exchange, pop3?
Exchange.

-Kane

Kimber Gardner

Kane,

I haven't seen this particular problem though Outlook is crashy and
unstable on my win7 machine both at work and at home. I'm running jaws
15.0.9023. Maybe give that version a try. Also, have you considered
installing NVDA to use as a backup screen reader when jaws becomes
unresponsive? I wouldn't recommend it as a permanent replacement for
jaws, but it has gotten me out of a tight spot on many occasions.

Kim

On 12/8/14, Kane Brolin via Jfw <jfw@...> wrote:
[...]

Kimberly