Topics

JAWS 16 fails to start after installation

Hozefa Tambawala

Dear friends,

I am not getting JAWS output after installing JAWS 16. However,
during the JAWS setup, the JAWS is speaking without any issues. I have
restarted my system and tried to start JAWS manually but no success.

On the same machine, JAWS 15 is running perfectly.

I am running Windows 8.1

Can anybody assist me in this regard or provide me the contact
details of Freedom Scientific tech support?

--
"Life is like a piano.
White keys are happy moments

Follow me on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/starhoze

Skype ID:
star.hoze

Warm Regards,

Hozefa...

Mr. Eyeball (AccessTelevision.tv Gmail)

How to you know it's version 15 that is running and not version 16?

Name:
Mr. Jonas Voll
Email:

Web site:
www.AccessTelevision.tv
YouTube:
FaceBook:
Twitter:

I am not getting JAWS output after installing JAWS 16. However, during the
JAWS setup, the JAWS is speaking without any issues. I have restarted my
system and tried to start JAWS manually but no success.

On the same machine, JAWS 15 is running perfectly.

I am running Windows 8.1

Can anybody assist me in this regard or provide me the contact details of
Freedom Scientific tech support?

--
"Life is like a piano.
White keys are happy moments
& Black keys are sad moments.

Follow me on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/starhoze

Skype ID:
star.hoze

Warm Regards,

Hozefa...

Feliciano G

Repair it by running the exe or inserting the disc.
Like my Facebook page: https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=690649294341327 Follow me on Twitter: Www.twitter.com/theblindman12v Sent from the Super-iPhone

Regards, Feliciano

Sent from the Super-iPhone

On Nov 16, 2014, at 6:07 AM, Hozefa Tambawala via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:

Dear friends,

I am not getting JAWS output after installing JAWS 16. However,
during the JAWS setup, the JAWS is speaking without any issues. I have
restarted my system and tried to start JAWS manually but no success.

On the same machine, JAWS 15 is running perfectly.

I am running Windows 8.1

Can anybody assist me in this regard or provide me the contact
details of Freedom Scientific tech support?

--
"Life is like a piano.
White keys are happy moments
& Black keys are sad moments.

Follow me on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/starhoze

Skype ID:
star.hoze

Warm Regards,

Hozefa...

Hozefa Tambawala

@ Eyeball,

As JAWS 16 is not working, I installed JAWS 15.

@ Feliciano,

Repairing JAWS didn't worked.

<jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:

[...]

Stan Holdeman

For me Jaws 16 also failed to work after installing from the download. It worked fine, though, after installing from the CD.

Stan

<jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:

[...]

Melissa Stott

Jaws16 installed fine for me from the CD also, and is working great so far.

<jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:

[...]

Ok, I have notified Freedom Scientific tech support about this issue.
Now waiting for their response.

<jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:

[...]

Gerardo Corripio <gera1027@...>

Something similar happened when I upgraded, thus when the computer restarted, I again relaunched the Jaws16 download and away it went!
Let me explain further in case maybe you guys had the same problem: I executed the Jaws16 download as usual; it made the clicking sounds, and after awhile the program reported that it needed to restart the system, so I restarted. It restarted with Jaws15 in my case, as if I'd never executed the download! so I reexecuted the download, and away it went, performing the Jaws16 installation nicely!

-----Original Message----- From: Hozefa Tambawala via Jfw
Sent: Monday, November 17, 2014 1:47 AM
To: Feliciano Godoy
Cc: The Jaws for Windows support list.

<jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:

Dear friends,

I am not getting JAWS output after installing JAWS 16. However,
during the JAWS setup, the JAWS is speaking without any issues. I have
restarted my system and tried to start JAWS manually but no success.

On the same machine, JAWS 15 is running perfectly.

I am running Windows 8.1

Can anybody assist me in this regard or provide me the contact
details of Freedom Scientific tech support?

--
"Life is like a piano.
White keys are happy moments
& Black keys are sad moments.

Follow me on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/starhoze

Skype ID:
star.hoze

Warm Regards,

Hozefa...

Enviado desde mi lap
RompiendoBarreras espacio de psicología/Superación Personal Sábados 10PM México http://radiogeneral.com ¡los esperamos!

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

With the below method, not with just 16, the same exact thing happens to me
and I do the same thing.
So, I install from the .exe, reboot, nothing, activate the .exe again and
then the rest is normal.
No big deal on my part, I'm just here to state it’s the same for me.

“Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure,
loyalty and persistence.” Colin Powell

Sent: Monday, November 17, 2014 1:47 AM
To: Feliciano Godoy
Cc: The Jaws for Windows support list.

<jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:

Dear friends,

I am not getting JAWS output after installing JAWS 16. However,
during the JAWS setup, the JAWS is speaking without any issues. I
have restarted my system and tried to start JAWS manually but no
success.

On the same machine, JAWS 15 is running perfectly.

I am running Windows 8.1

Can anybody assist me in this regard or provide me the contact
details of Freedom Scientific tech support?

--
"Life is like a piano.
White keys are happy moments
& Black keys are sad moments.

Follow me on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/starhoze

Skype ID:
star.hoze

Warm Regards,

Hozefa...

Enviado desde mi lap
Gerardo J Corripio Flores Psicólogo, Terapéuta Reiki Saludos desde Tampico,
Tamaulipas México RompiendoBarreras espacio de psicología/Superación
Personal Sábados 10PM México http://radiogeneral.com ¡los esperamos!

Hozefa Tambawala

I performed the same trick but when setup completes successfully,
nothing happens. In my case, the setup is not prompting me to reboot
my system.