From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@...] On Behalf Of j Bron via Jfw
Sent: Friday, November 14, 2014 1:35 PM
To: jfw@...
Subject: jfw 16

I haven't been following this thread religiously but I just got a disc for
Jaws 16. Considering the problems people have been habing with it is it
worth installing? Thanks, Judith

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

For me, you'd better know It, especially if you handle a lot of documents.

I haven't been following this thread religiously but I just got a disc for Jaws 16. Considering the problems people have been habing with it is it worth installing? Thanks, Judith

Doris and Chris

I personally cannot go to 16 since still on xp but I would hang on to the disk for resources and wait with installing until the first bugfix

hth

Doris

update comes out. Watch the list for people reporting problems with thie initial release before deciding whether or not to install the program

At 01:34 PM 11/14/2014, you wrote:
I haven't been following this thread religiously but I just got a disc for
Jaws 16. Considering the problems people have been habing with it is it
worth installing? Thanks, Judith

judith bron

Please give me advice on learning it. I do 15 pretty well. What are the
differences. I live in documents.

For me, you'd better know It, especially if you handle a lot of documents.

I haven't been following this thread religiously but I just got a disc for
Jaws 16. Considering the problems people have been habing with it is it
worth installing? Thanks, Judith

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

I'd go along with Doris, just keep your powder dry. From what I've heard about 10, that one might tempt me. I no longer rush to buy the latest and greatest OS, and haven't since DOS 7, but I can be tempted.

I need a new machine and don't wish to purchase it unless Jaws is compatible. I thought Windows 10 was being released soon.
I received Jaws16 disk in mail.
Thanks,
Ann

I personally cannot go to 16 since still on xp but I would hang on to the disk for resources and wait with installing until the first bugfix

hth

Doris

update comes out. Watch the list for people reporting problems with thie initial release before deciding whether or not to install the program

At 01:34 PM 11/14/2014, you wrote:
I haven't been following this thread religiously but I just got a disc
for Jaws 16. Considering the problems people have been habing with it
is it worth installing? Thanks, Judith

scrubbed...
0141
114/55b60ae1/attachment.html>

Ann Marie Medlar <amedlar1@...>

[...]

Cristóbal

Windows 10 is probably looking at a late 2015 release. If you are in need of
a new system, you should be fine with a Windows 8.1 machine. There have been
many Jaws releases dealing with 8.1 by now with fixes making the user
experience a smoother one. General learning vurve aside... If you want to
skip Windows 8.1, you could also look into grabbing a refurbished Windows 7
computer as a stopgap.
I'm perfectly happy with my Windows 7 computer, but have been considering
one of those cheap Windows 8.1 tablets for a more portable solution as well.

I personally cannot go to 16 since still on xp but I would hang on to the
disk for resources and wait with installing until the first bugfix

hth

Doris

update comes out. Watch the list for people reporting problems with thie
initial release before deciding whether or not to install the program

At 01:34 PM 11/14/2014, you wrote:
I haven't been following this thread religiously but I just got a disc
for Jaws 16. Considering the problems people have been habing with it
is it worth installing? Thanks, Judith

scrubbed...
0141
114/55b60ae1/attachment.html>

McCaskill Tara D <Tara.D.McCaskill@...>

Is this the same Cristobal who went to Leader Dog and had Octo? If so, this is Tara from your class. Contact me at taramaxberry@....

Tara McCaskill

[...]

Ron Barton <ron.barton@...>

I've been working with windows 8 now for nearly 2 years, and I am very
happy with it! XP had gotten so slow it was taking nearly 3 to 4 minutes
for my system to boot up, and windows 8 takes about 8 seconds. Navigation
is fast with JAWS, and Windows 8. I think for a sighted person it might be
a challenge to switch from XP to Windows 8 but JAWS makes it much easier to
make that transition!

RB

[...]

Tom Macha <toml614@...>

How is a windows 8.1 tab with jaws? Thanks, Tom

I personally cannot go to 16 since still on xp but I would hang on to the
disk for resources and wait with installing until the first bugfix

hth

Doris

update comes out. Watch the list for people reporting problems with thie
initial release before deciding whether or not to install the program

At 01:34 PM 11/14/2014, you wrote:
I haven't been following this thread religiously but I just got a disc
for Jaws 16. Considering the problems people have been habing with it
is it worth installing? Thanks, Judith

scrubbed...
0141
114/55b60ae1/attachment.html>

Johna Lynn Nordin <nordinjohnal@...>

I'm using windows 8.1 and jaws 16 on a del laptop and it seems to work great

How is a windows 8.1 tab with jaws? Thanks, Tom

I personally cannot go to 16 since still on xp but I would hang on to the
disk for resources and wait with installing until the first bugfix

hth

Doris

update comes out. Watch the list for people reporting problems with thie
initial release before deciding whether or not to install the program

At 01:34 PM 11/14/2014, you wrote:
I haven't been following this thread religiously but I just got a disc
for Jaws 16. Considering the problems people have been habing with it
is it worth installing? Thanks, Judith

scrubbed...
0141
114/55b60ae1/attachment.html>

Melissa Stott <mstott69@...>

I have installed Jaws16 on my desktop, and it seems to be working fine for me as well.

I'm using windows 8.1 and jaws 16 on a del laptop and it seems to work great

How is a windows 8.1 tab with jaws? Thanks, Tom

I personally cannot go to 16 since still on xp but I would hang on to the
disk for resources and wait with installing until the first bugfix

hth

Doris

update comes out. Watch the list for people reporting problems with thie
initial release before deciding whether or not to install the program

At 01:34 PM 11/14/2014, you wrote:
I haven't been following this thread religiously but I just got a disc
for Jaws 16. Considering the problems people have been habing with it
is it worth installing? Thanks, Judith

scrubbed...
0141
114/55b60ae1/attachment.html>

Stan Bobbitt

I just got through testing an acer 11" laptop with JAWS16 and windows 8.1. Everything worked fine as far as web surfing, email, etc. I sent the little thing back though, what with only 1.0 GHZ it was a bit slow for my tastes, otherwise, JFW16 was great.
Also tested an HP 14 inch touchscreen with 8.1 and J16. It has 1.8 GHZ and works very well in web pages and email. The real test will come when I dive into documents and such, but I think I'm going to keep this one ...

Stan B