Annoying Jaws behavior with tabbing back and forth in browser

Cristóbal

Hello list,

This is something that I’ve been dealing with for a while now, but hadn’t
gotten around to asking about it before.

When I’m in a browser, I sometimes find myself stuck between the address bar
and my favorites bar in IE for example. All the tabbing back and forth
doesn’t help to get me out of it and I eventually have to close the browser
all together and relaunch to have access to the actual web content. This
happens too where if I press the alt+n command to access the information
bar. Again, in IE. I am using Jaws 15, but this also happened in earlier
versions of Jaws. I haven’t’ had too much opportunity to play with the new
JFW 16 beta so I don’t know if this is something that is less of an issue
with the new release.

Does anyone else have to deal with this and if so, do they know how to
either fix it or at least make it so that they can get back to the webpage?

Thanks,

Johna Lynn Nordin <nordinjohnal@...>

Sometimes if you hit the f5 key or the insert escape it refreshes the screen
and you're back in virtual cursor mode and can continue browsing. Also you
can try turning off and on jaws virtual cursor by hitting the insert or
caps lock and the letter z
Johna

[...]

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hello, Cristóbal. When you experience this behavior, try using Control plus the F6 key. This should bring you directly back to the web page.

Thank you.
Bill White billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 10506 (20141003) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 10506 (20141003) __________

http://www.eset.com

Jean Menzies <jemenzies@...>

I think F6 sometimes helps. But I also have trouble with this.

[...]

Dave...

Same exact problem for me with my 32-bit Windows 7, IE 11 and JAWS 15. Very
irritating, and even trying to use the JAWS cursor doesn't break the
log-jam.

However if you have NVDA, I've had some success with launching that and
getting JAWS unstuck. Weird, I know, but better than dumping the whole web
site and starting over in some cases.

I also sure do hope JAWS 16 irons out some of this serious stuff.

Dave Carlson
Oregonian, pioneer, landlord, Farfar, musician, and woodworker

[...]

Yes, speaking of the virtual cursor mode, I find that i often need to turn
it off/on to get out of some edit fields, as well. Almost as though virtual
cursor mode has been broken on some web pages.

[...]

Hello Gene,

I've tried F6 and also Ctrl+F6, and neither of these will break out of that
situation. Very frustrating.

[...]

Oops. Sorry Jean, I changed your name.

[...]

Louise Johnson <herclouise@...>

Hi I did think of one more idea by reading all that has been said I use alt
tab and going around and sometimes it will refocus the screen and Jaws try
this and see if it will help if not sorry Louise

[...]

---

Adrian Spratt

Control-F,6as opposed to F6 alone, works every time for me.

[...]

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi All,

If nothing else works for you try, control + 9, on the number row. HTH
Take Care.
Mike
This email was sent from my iBarstool.

[...]

Mike,

Interesting. I didn't know that Ctrl+9 was "Last tab", nor that Ctrl+1 - 8
were the other 8 tabs. Learn something new every day. Thanks.

[...]

Same here, this list is full of information
Johna

[...]

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

CTRL 9 goes to the last focused tab, and if you closed a tab by accident, press CTRL shift t and the tab will reappear.,

CTRL 1 through 8 is supposed to cycle you through the different tabs you have opened, but any of these keystrokes I just mentioned is not working for me here in IE 11; however, it did in previous versions.
“Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty and persistence.” Colin Powell

[...]

Hi Kimsan,

I'm new to these keystrokes & I'm still trying to get them figured out so in
your case would tab browsing need to be turned on? So far I haven't been
able to get these control + number keystrokes to work when I have several
tabs open in IE10 & I have tab browsing turned on. If anyone can tell me
where I can find more information on using the control + number keystrokes &
what all applications they work in, I would appreciate it immensely. I'm
just not sure if these are windows or Jaws keystrokes. Thanks much.
[...]

Hi Again,

My control + number keystrokes are now working in IE10. After turning tab
browsing on & making my settings I forgot to close & restart IE10. Now that
I've done that, my control + number keystrokes to navigate between tabs are
working fine.
[...]

Maria Campbell <lucky1inct@...>

This may not be exactly the same thing, but some times when JAWS and IE don't play nicely together, I press the insert f10 for the open windows list, down arrow to the open IE tab and press enter. Quite often JAWS starts behaving again.

Sunny Day
Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@sbcglobal.net

Blaise Pascal

On 10/4/2014 11:09 AM, Mike B. via Jfw wrote:
[...]

Hi everyone I will join with Mike wanting to know more about these keys strokes and where they work would they work with Firefox at all Louise

[...]

Yes, they work with Firefox as well.