Acronis

Paul Martz <skewmatrix@...>

Has anyone had any luck using Acronis with JAWS? I have Acronis True Image
Home 2013, and can't seem to get JAWS 15 to read anything other than the
title bar.

I did a web search and found some discussion in the jaws-UK mailing list
that seemed to indicate that Acronis was usable with the help of the JAWS
cursor, but so far I've been unable to get the JAWS cursor to read anything
from the Acronis window.

I'm just about ready to install Window Eyes or NVDA and see if I have
better luck with that. I might also try contacting Freedom Scientific tech
support and see if they can help.

Thanks for any info.

--
-Paul

Paul Martz <skewmatrix@...>

After posting this, I decided to try playing around with JAWS' OCR feature,
which I had never tried before. And although all the Freedom Scientific
documentation seems to imply this feature is for PDF documents, nonetheless
I was able to use it to read the Acronis controls. So I have a solution at
this point. But any other info from people who have used JAWS with Acronis
would be appreciated anyway. Thanks.
-Paul

Gudrun Brunot

Hi Paul: I also have Acronis on one of my computers. I used it once with
sighted help, but I wasn't quite sure I set everything correctly, so I
haven't done it again and I don't have a good procedure. I'd gladly have
shared it if I'd had one.

Best,

Gudrun

After posting this, I decided to try playing around with JAWS' OCR feature,
which I had never tried before. And although all the Freedom Scientific
documentation seems to imply this feature is for PDF documents, nonetheless
I was able to use it to read the Acronis controls. So I have a solution at
this point. But any other info from people who have used JAWS with Acronis
would be appreciated anyway. Thanks.
-Paul

DJ

The JAWS cursor has been my friend in the past while using this program.
I've used it on several computers successfully by myself. Restoring
requires sighted assistance, but it hasn't been a problem for me.

DJ