how to enter Forms mode with Jaws15?

Marion Woods <marion_woods38@...>

Hi all,

Please refresh my memory, how do I enter forms mode when using search boxs in Explorer11

Marion

Contact marion_woods38@...
A proud member of the Roses Forum.

“The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

Marianne Denning

My JAWS usually pops me into the form field when I go to the website.
If it doesn't, or I want to look around before completing the form
field I press enter when I am on the edit field and I hear a tone and
know I am in the form field. That has been true for several versions
of JAWS. I move from form field to form field with the tab key.

On 9/25/14, Marion Woods via Jfw <jfw@...> wrote:
Hi all,

Please refresh my memory, how do I enter forms mode when using search boxs

in Explorer11

Marion

Contact marion_woods38@...
A proud member of the Roses Forum.

“The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Adrian Spratt

Marion,

The method hasn't changed since JAWS 14. From which version were you upgrading?

If forms mode seems different, check your forms mode settings in the JAWS quick settings menu, JAWS key+v. I just checked. If you type "forms" into the search field that appears when you open quick settings, you can arrow down through several results and make appropriate changes.

Please refresh my memory, how do I enter forms mode when using search boxs
in Explorer11

Marion

Contact marion_woods38@...
A proud member of the Roses Forum.

"The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Paul Martz <skewmatrix@...>

Hi Marion -- Maybe this link will help. It's the Freedom Scientific page
for using forms:
http://www.freedomscientific.com/training/surfs-up/Forms.htm
It's easy to find with Google if you ever need it again.

My strategy is usually to hit the F of shift+F key until I get to the form
control I want, then hit enter to go into forms mode. Tab away from the
control or turn on the virtual PC cursor to leave forms mode.

The main problems I've ran into are Google web pages, like GMail or Google
Calendar. They use forms, but they don't always behave well with JAWS.
Sometimes I have to hit enter twice, or tab away then shift+tab back to the
control and hit enter again. Sometimes I have to route the jaws cursor to
the virtual PC cursor and do the left-mouse-click keystroke, then hit
Enter. In other words, it's not an exact science. Ha ha.

Good luck.
-Paul