Firefox and Jaws

Lauren

Hi,

I noticed my Internet Explorer doesn't seem to work so well on web sites as
it used to. How accessible is Firefox using Jaws 14 and is it easy to learn?

Sincerely,

Lauren

Marianne Denning

I use Internet Explorer on some websites and Firefox on others. I
think most people should have at least two web browsers.

On 9/4/14, Lauren via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:
Hi,

I noticed my Internet Explorer doesn't seem to work so well on web sites as
it used to. How accessible is Firefox using Jaws 14 and is it easy to
learn?

Sincerely,

Lauren

Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Doris and Chris

Firefox works very similarly to IE. I think you use much the same keystrokes and if you use the "Plain Old Favorites" addon for FF, you can easily share bookmarks between both browsers.

hth

Doris

At 09:17 PM 9/4/2014, you wrote:
Hi,

I noticed my Internet Explorer doesn't seem to work so well on web sites as
it used to. How accessible is Firefox using Jaws 14 and is it easy to learn?

Sincerely,

Lauren

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

What is the name of the Firefox Add-on which allows a sound at the end of a download?

Thank you.
Bill White billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 10371 (20140905) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 10371 (20140905) __________

http://www.eset.com

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Bill,

It's called, Navigational Sounds. Below are what sounds it covers or not:

About this Add-on
Navigational Sounds plays the following Windows Internet Explorer sounds:
- Start Navigation
- Complete Navigation (silent by default)
- Blocked Pop-up Window
- Information Bar
- Feed Discovered (disabled by default)
- Search Provider Discovered (silent by default)
- Download Completed (all downloads by default)

The Download Completed sound can be configured to play when any active
download completes or only when the last one completes.

All sounds can be turned on or off within Navigational Sounds but please
remember that the sound played is set through Windows's Sound control panel
applet
(note: Download Completed actually plays the "Windows Asterisk" sound).

New in 1.2.4: Custom sounds can now be configured through hidden preferences
(UI coming later). To use custom sounds, open "about:config" and search for
".{d8". You should see a bunch of Boolean preferences for toggling the
events plus ".custom" preferences that are empty. Simply find the ".wav"
file you
want to play and set it as the preference value using Windows path formats
(e.g. "C:\Media\click.wav").
Rated 4 out of 5 stars Average

Take Care.
Mike
This email was sent from my iBarstool.

> Firefox works very similarly to IE. I think you use much the same
> keystrokes and if you use the "Plain Old Favorites" addon for FF, you
can
> easily share bookmarks between both browsers.
>
> hth
>
> Doris
>
> At 09:17 PM 9/4/2014, you wrote:
>>Hi,
>>

>>I noticed my Internet Explorer doesn't seem to work so well on web sites
>>as
>>it used to. How accessible is Firefox using Jaws 14 and is it easy to
>>learn?
>>

>>Sincerely,
>>

>>Lauren

> signature database 10371 (20140905) __________

> http://www.eset.com

signature database 10371 (20140905) __________

http://www.eset.com

Louise Johnson <herclouise@...>

Hi yes most things are the same to call up your favorites use alt b instead
of alt a that is one thing that is different as I use both programs and
always have favorites. Yes you can when down loading Firefox you can send
all the favorites to Firefox and you don't need to find them again good luck
if you decide to use it. Ask questions if you have problems but know that I
have Firefox as my main internet browser Louise and Hawk

At 09:17 PM 9/4/2014, you wrote:
Hi,

I noticed my Internet Explorer doesn't seem to work so well on web
sites as it used to. How accessible is Firefox using Jaws 14 and is it easy
to learn?

Sincerely,

Lauren

scrubbed...

---

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

I tried going to Mozilla and getting the add-on, Plain Old Favorites for Firefox version 32.0, but it is telling me that Plain Old Favorites is incompatible with Firefox 32.0.

Is anybody using Plain Old Favorites with Firefox version 32.0?

At 09:17 PM 9/4/2014, you wrote:
Hi,

I noticed my Internet Explorer doesn't seem to work so well on web sites as
it used to. How accessible is Firefox using Jaws 14 and is it easy to learn?

Sincerely,

Lauren

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 10371 (20140905) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 10373 (20140905) __________

http://www.eset.com

Lauren

What is the difference between these versions? I tried downloading the
latest version and Jaws stopped speaking. Is there a specific version I
should be downloading?

Sincerely,

Lauren

At 09:17 PM 9/4/2014, you wrote:
Hi,

I noticed my Internet Explorer doesn't seem to work so well on web sites
as
it used to. How accessible is Firefox using Jaws 14 and is it easy to
learn?

Sincerely,

Lauren

signature database 10371 (20140905) __________

http://www.eset.com

database 10373 (20140905) __________

http://www.eset.com

Ron <facup1927@...>

Lauren.

Fire Fox and Jaws have different hot keys. Sometimes the terminology is different to. Favourites become Book Marks etc.

I would google hot keys for FF before you do anything.

Ron