Witch webmail works best with Jaws?

Lauren

Hi,

I can't access my Verizon account on their web site and so am thinking of
signing up an alternative web-based mail account? Which one works best using
Jaws 14? I have Windows 8.1. Is there a difference between gmail and others
for ease of use?

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Lauren

Travis Smith

I have gmail and it works well on Windows 7. There is an option to display the webmail in basic htm;. This is how I use it.

Travis Smith
Receptionist
2773 N. Flannery road
Baton Rouge, LA 70814
Phone: 225-275-1200
Fax: 225-275-1201
www.LighthouseLouisiana.org

The Lighthouse for the Blind in New Orleans, Inc.

I can't access my Verizon account on their web site and so am thinking of signing up an alternative web-based mail account? Which one works best using Jaws 14? I have Windows 8.1. Is there a difference between gmail and others for ease of use?

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Lauren

Feliciano G

Gmail is great. They allow you to choose basic HTML which is more accessible for screen reader users. It can be changed to this setting so when you log in you are ready to go.

Regards, Feliciano

Like my Facebook page: https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=690649294341327 Follow me on Twitter: Www.twitter.com/theblindman12v Sent from the Super-iPhone

On Sep 4, 2014, at 6:07 AM, Lauren via Jfw <jfw@...> wrote:

Hi,

I can't access my Verizon account on their web site and so am thinking of
signing up an alternative web-based mail account? Which one works best using
Jaws 14? I have Windows 8.1. Is there a difference between gmail and others
for ease of use?

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Lauren

Marianne Denning

When I signed up for my gmail account it was easier than yahoo but
that may have changed. If you have Outlook you can use it to access
any account you set up.

On 9/4/14, Lauren via Jfw <jfw@...> wrote:
Hi,

I can't access my Verizon account on their web site and so am thinking of
signing up an alternative web-based mail account? Which one works best
using
Jaws 14? I have Windows 8.1. Is there a difference between gmail and others
for ease of use?

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Lauren

Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Cy Selfridge

Hi,
Yahoo has become a genuine nightmare for screen readers. Their "new" format
sucks IMO.
Cy

When I signed up for my gmail account it was easier than yahoo but that may
have changed. If you have Outlook you can use it to access any account you
set up.

On 9/4/14, Lauren via Jfw <jfw@...> wrote:
Hi,

I can't access my Verizon account on their web site and so am thinking
of signing up an alternative web-based mail account? Which one works
best using Jaws 14? I have Windows 8.1. Is there a difference between
gmail and others for ease of use?

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Lauren

scrubbed...

Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Paul Martz <skewmatrix@...>

Wow! I have no clue how you folks can stand to use GMail in Basic HTML
mode. It lacks even the most basic usability features, such as "mark all as
read". And organizing mail into folder hierarchies is truly painful in
Basic HTML mode.

The real difficulty with JAWS isn't GMail itself, it's the browser. Chrome
has serious issues with JAWS, and Internet Explorer has serious issues with
almost every Google web page, including GMail. Currently I'm trying to make
things work with Internet Explorer, viewing the GMail page in standard
mode. Aside from the fact that Internet Explorer keeps crashing, this is
working pretty good.
-Paul

Paul Martz <skewmatrix@...>

I concur with Cy that Yahoo Mail's recent changes were not for the better.
-Paul

On Thu, Sep 4, 2014 at 9:39 AM, Cy Selfridge via Jfw <jfw@...>
wrote:

Yahoo has become a genuine nightmare for screen readers. Their "new" format
sucks IMO.
Cy

Tim Ford

I am using Windows Live Mail to my Gmail account, and I like it very much. WLM gives you the types of features lacking in Gmail HTML mode.

Tim Ford

Wow! I have no clue how you folks can stand to use GMail in Basic HTML
mode. It lacks even the most basic usability features, such as "mark all as
read". And organizing mail into folder hierarchies is truly painful in
Basic HTML mode.

The real difficulty with JAWS isn't GMail itself, it's the browser. Chrome
has serious issues with JAWS, and Internet Explorer has serious issues with
almost every Google web page, including GMail. Currently I'm trying to make
things work with Internet Explorer, viewing the GMail page in standard
mode. Aside from the fact that Internet Explorer keeps crashing, this is
working pretty good.
-Paul

Melissa Stott <mstott69@...>

Yahoo is definitely not user friendly.