Mouse Over

thomas williams

I am looking for the Mouse Over command, could someone please post?

Bhavesh

Press insert control enter.

Sent from my iPhone

On 03-Aug-2014, at 12:16 am, thomas williams via Jfw <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:

I am looking for the Mouse Over command, could someone please post?

Cy Selfridge

While we are on this subject, tell me again what mouseOver is supposed to
gain one.
I believe I have it disabled as it was more trouble than it was worth.
Dy

<jfw@lists.the-jdh.com> wrote:

I am looking for the Mouse Over command, could someone please post?

Adrian Spratt

Cy,

In my experience of mouseover, it very occasionally reveals more than one link in what JAWS identifies as a single link. But even in the few instances where mouseover has revealed a hidden link, I've never found it valuable. If anything, the time involved in locating the hidden link is annoying. Once JAWS identifies a mouseover situation and you press the control-insert- enter combo, JAWS verbalizes a number. You then have to press j to bring up the "jump to line" dialog followed by that number. Even then, JAWS usually announces there's nothing in that link. (I don't remember how this is verbalized.)

To hear how FS describes the mouseover function, open your browser, press JAWS key+1 for JAWS key describer mode, then press the mouseover key combo.

I'm writing from memory, so anyone who has used mouseover more recently should correct any details. But my bottom line is that I've never once benefited by using it.