Topics

data recovery

Marvin Hunkin <startrekcafe@...>

Hi.

I tried a suggestion, and got anomie standard particion assist 5.5

And you use the jaws cursur, to explore the screen.

Short story, it took 10 hours to scan my 932 gb external Toshiba hard disk,
and then it said the scan was complete, and click the proceed button.

Well, it was still greyed out,and decided to explore the files on the
particion, well, windows 7, decided that the program, was not responding,
and closed, so, when I went back in, had to start the dan scan all over
again.

So.

It dave me this weird file name, wcftrace.clog.

What is this.

And is there any other more accessible, data recovery software, where I can
select the music folder and try to recover that.

Or do I just e-mail support, at anomie.

Just frustrated.

Or am I toast.

Any help.

Please.

Marvin.

Dave...

Marvin,

Since you did a format of the drive, I don't think you can get your data
back. You may indeed be whole wheat toast. There are companies who might be
able to get it back, but they are pretty expensive.

Dave Carlson
Official Oregonian, Farfar, Pioneer, Landlord, Handyman, Musician, and
Woodworker

[...]

Nicole Massey <nyyki@...>

I use a program called RCS Tools to pull data from formatted drives.
However, it's only marginally accessible, involving a lot of fiddling around
with it, and it's not free.

[...]

DJ

I mentioned a very good, but paid program called File Recovery Pro. I've
had this program for a few years and used it several times to recover data
for many people. It is accessible using JAWS and has recovered lots of data
for me even off of formatted drives. It's been a while since I purchased
this program and don't remember what I paid for it but it payed for it's
self many times over.

The name of the company is LC Technology International, Inc.

The website address is http://www.lc-tech.com/pc/filerecovery/

DJ