Installing JAWS using JAWS Tandem

Londa Peterson

Hi All,

i have a client who lives quite a distance from my office. she wanted to
know if I could install her JAWS 15 using Tandem. She is currently running
14. I told her that I didn't think this was possible, but that I could talk
her through it easily enough. I just thought I'd ask in case I'm wrong.
thanks.

Robert Hebert <roberthebert@...>

You should be able to install Jaws using tandem right up until the point where the computer must restart to complete the installation process at that point of course your connection will be terminated when the computer reboots you could reconnect via tandem to make any other changes that may be required.Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 23, 2014, at 7:05 AM, "Londa Peterson" <lpeterson@vrocp.org> wrote:

Hi All,

i have a client who lives quite a distance from my office. she wanted to
know if I could install her JAWS 15 using Tandem. She is currently running
14. I told her that I didn't think this was possible, but that I could talk
her through it easily enough. I just thought I'd ask in case I'm wrong.
thanks.

Feliciano G

Assuming that you have JAWS 14 or 15, you can control her computer VIA Tandom. You're able to go through the setup process while using JAWS, so I don't see why you wouldn't be able to that while being in Tandom mode. Once the setup process is complete, the computer will need to restart in order to continue the installation. Which will require you to end the Tandom session. If you can communicate VIA phone or other method, I doubt you'll have any problem guiding her to complete the install when the computer boots back up.

Regards, Feliciano

i have a client who lives quite a distance from my office. she wanted to
know if I could install her JAWS 15 using Tandem. She is currently running
14. I told her that I didn't think this was possible, but that I could talk
her through it easily enough. I just thought I'd ask in case I'm wrong.
thanks.

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

Why would you need to. Installations don't get much simpler, if she has the software on hand.

Ted

You should be able to install Jaws using tandem right up until the point where the computer must restart to complete the installation process at that point of course your connection will be terminated when the computer reboots you could reconnect via tandem to make any other changes that may be required.Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 23, 2014, at 7:05 AM, "Londa Peterson" <lpeterson@vrocp.org> wrote:

Hi All,

i have a client who lives quite a distance from my office. she wanted
to know if I could install her JAWS 15 using Tandem. She is currently
running 14. I told her that I didn't think this was possible, but that
I could talk her through it easily enough. I just thought I'd ask in case I'm wrong.
thanks.

scrubbed...

Londa Peterson

That's about what I thought.

You should be able to install Jaws using tandem right up until the point
where the computer must restart to complete the installation process at that
point of course your connection will be terminated when the computer reboots
you could reconnect via tandem to make any other changes that may be
required.Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 23, 2014, at 7:05 AM, "Londa Peterson" <lpeterson@vrocp.org> wrote:

Hi All,

i have a client who lives quite a distance from my office. she wanted to
know if I could install her JAWS 15 using Tandem. She is currently running
14. I told her that I didn't think this was possible, but that I could
talk
her through it easily enough. I just thought I'd ask in case I'm wrong.
thanks.

Dave Durber

Londa:

It is not possible to use Tandom to install JAWS on another computer. This is because the installation program for any version of JAWS, unloads JAWS, if there is a version installed and is already running, including closing any session of Tandom. This is so the installation program, can run a very basic version of JAWS, including speech, to install the full version of the software.

HTH

Sincerely:

Dave Durber

i have a client who lives quite a distance from my office. she wanted to
know if I could install her JAWS 15 using Tandem. She is currently running
14. I told her that I didn't think this was possible, but that I could talk
her through it easily enough. I just thought I'd ask in case I'm wrong.
thanks.

Mr. Eyeball (AccessTelevision.tv Gmail)

And you can not enter a Jaws key using tandom on the remote host!

Name:
Mr. Jonas Voll
Email:

Web site:
www.AccessTelevision.tv
YouTube:
FaceBook:
Twitter:

i have a client who lives quite a distance from my office. she wanted to
know if I could install her JAWS 15 using Tandem. She is currently running
14. I told her that I didn't think this was possible, but that I could
talk
her through it easily enough. I just thought I'd ask in case I'm wrong.
thanks.

Mr. Eyeball (AccessTelevision.tv Gmail)

FYI!
I Just install jaws 12 using tandem on Win7 from my Win8 laptop in my living
room!
You will need to use the /type silent switch!

Name:
Mr. Jonas Voll
Email:

Web site:
www.AccessTelevision.tv
YouTube:
FaceBook:
Twitter:

i have a client who lives quite a distance from my office. she wanted to
know if I could install her JAWS 15 using Tandem. She is currently running
14. I told her that I didn't think this was possible, but that I could talk
her through it easily enough. I just thought I'd ask in case I'm wrong.
thanks.

Londa Peterson

What do you mean by the slash type silent switch? This could prove to be
very helpful.

i have a client who lives quite a distance from my office. she wanted to
know if I could install her JAWS 15 using Tandem. She is currently running
14. I told her that I didn't think this was possible, but that I could talk
her through it easily enough. I just thought I'd ask in case I'm wrong.
thanks.

Mr. Eyeball (AccessTelevision.tv Gmail)

I use it a lot so NO reboot is needed, especially if you are working with
other users' profile!
And many people at work uninstall Jaws or Magic, I work inI T!
To install Jaws, Magic, or many other software programs without having to
answer anything or in most cases no GUI!
Check out the Wiki,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Installation_(computer_programs)#Silent_install
ation

Name: