From: "Mario Brusco" <mrb620@hotmail.com>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Sent: Saturday, April 19, 2014 9:04 AM
Subject: Firefox issue

hi gang, I recently installed Firefox on a new computer but am having a problem. I can browse just fine but for example, when I check for updates, in the help menu then about, the PCCursor focuses on the check for updates button, but I can't route JAWS to PC so I can find out if the update is current or proceeding.
I had the same problem when I was using Firefox on the old XP computer but remember I pressed f11 to turn off full screen, and a few other things like unchecking the developer toolbar. but these two settings are already unchecked in the new install.

I need help to fix the new computer install of FF. any suggestions/recommendations would be appreciated.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 9699 (20140419) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 9699 (20140419) __________

http://www.eset.com

Mario

finally... I tried virtualizing with insert+alt+w but JAWS keeps repeating "about dialog" with a down or up arrow key press. so it looks like something else is wrong?

Hi, Mario. What I do in this situation is to use the keystroke which virtualizes the JAWS window to check the update.

For JAWS11 and below this keystroke is ALT plus INSERT plus W. For JAWS12 and above it is
CTRL plus INSERT plus W.

Using this keystroke, you may then be able to arrow through the screen as if it were a text page.

HTH.
Bill White billwhite92701@dslextreme.com