Jaws dropping my braille display

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

Saaaaaaaaaalute!

-----Original Message-----
From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces+ted.lisle=ky.gov@...] On Behalf Of Ann Byrne
Sent: Monday, April 21, 2014 9:53 AM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: RE: Jaws dropping my braille display

I don't use power management either. But if I leave the computer for a while, the Focus 40 Blue goes to sleep, and unless I unload/reload JAWS or unplug/plug the USB connector, the display doesn't work. Oddly, the older Focus, not blue, doesn't have this problem. Let's hear it for upgrades!
At 06:52 AM 4/21/2014, you wrote:
Ann, when you say remains idle, do you mean going into one of the power
management modes? I found that powering down under Windows 7 had some
annoying side effects, forcing me to reboot, so I turned off power
management. In this case, It's really not easy being green. Come to
think of it, we don't use it at work either; We freeze our screens for
security, but that's it.

Ted