From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces+charlesmar=comcast.net@...] On
Behalf Of Marianne Denning
Sent: Saturday, April 12, 2014 9:55 AM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: antivirus program

Lately, I have been getting a lot of unwanted things on my computer.
I am looking for a good, strong antivirus software that is JAWS compatible.
I don't care if it is free or paid. Please let me know what you use and how
it works. I will load it onto a laptop computer running JAWS 13, 14, and
15.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Ford, Tim (CDPH-OLS) <Tim.Ford@...>

I also was very satisfied with NOD32, and will go back to that once Microsoft Security Essentials stops updating in 2015. I only went to MSE because it was free.

I have been using Eset nod32 for over four years now without any problems.

Charlie
Lately, I have been getting a lot of unwanted things on my computer.
I am looking for a good, strong antivirus software that is JAWS compatible.
I don't care if it is free or paid. Please let me know what you use and how it works. I will load it onto a laptop computer running JAWS 13, 14, and 15.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

david <davidwhitehead1957@...>

what are you using now!

Lately, I have been getting a lot of unwanted things on my computer.
I am looking for a good, strong antivirus software that is JAWS
compatible. I don't care if it is free or paid. Please let me know
what you use and how it works. I will load it onto a laptop computer
running JAWS 13, 14, and 15.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Gerald Levy

Are you using the latest version of AVG, which I believe is AVG 2014? The reason I'm asking is that I'm considering AVG as a replacement for MSE, but some users have reported that it is not very JAWS accessible.

Gerald

using avg free edition here with jaws 13 on win xp.

doris

At 12:55 PM 4/12/2014 -0400, you wrote:
Lately, I have been getting a lot of unwanted things on my computer.
I am looking for a good, strong antivirus software that is JAWS
compatible. I don't care if it is free or paid. Please let me know
what you use and how it works. I will load it onto a laptop computer
running JAWS 13, 14, and 15.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Marianne. I am also using Eset NOD32 antivirus. If you need a direct link to them to look at cost for just the antivirus versus Smart Security, here it is below.

http://www.eset.com/us/home/windows-antivirus/

Bill White billwhite92701@...

Lately, I have been getting a lot of unwanted things on my computer.
I am looking for a good, strong antivirus software that is JAWS
compatible. I don't care if it is free or paid. Please let me know
what you use and how it works. I will load it onto a laptop computer
running JAWS 13, 14, and 15.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 9669 (20140412) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 9670 (20140412) __________

http://www.eset.com

Mario

Take a look at Vipre antivirus or, if you want a stronger security, look at
Vipre Internet Security:
http://www.vipreantivirus.com

Lately, I have been getting a lot of unwanted things on my computer.
I am looking for a good, strong antivirus software that is JAWS
compatible. I don't care if it is free or paid. Please let me know
what you use and how it works. I will load it onto a laptop computer
running JAWS 13, 14, and 15.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Melissa Stott <mstott69@...>

I use the boughten version of AVG 2014.

I have been using Eset nod32 for over four years now without any problems.

Charlie
Lately, I have been getting a lot of unwanted things on my computer.
I am looking for a good, strong antivirus software that is JAWS compatible.
I don't care if it is free or paid. Please let me know what you use and how
it works. I will load it onto a laptop computer running JAWS 13, 14, and
15.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Marianne Denning

I am using MSE and I don't think it is as robust as I would like it to
be. Some things seem to make it through.

On 4/12/14, david <davidwhitehead1957@...> wrote:
what are you using now!

Lately, I have been getting a lot of unwanted things on my computer.
I am looking for a good, strong antivirus software that is JAWS
compatible. I don't care if it is free or paid. Please let me know
what you use and how it works. I will load it onto a laptop computer
running JAWS 13, 14, and 15.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

david <davidwhitehead1957@...>

hello;

are you talking about actual virus, or, are you talking about malware,
when you say, things are getting through, explain,

Lately, I have been getting a lot of unwanted things on my computer.
I am looking for a good, strong antivirus software that is JAWS
compatible. I don't care if it is free or paid. Please let me know
what you use and how it works. I will load it onto a laptop computer
running JAWS 13, 14, and 15.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Marianne Denning

It is really malware more than viruses. Then it changes how JAWS
functions and I am really in trouble. I have been using JAWS for over
15 years and never had so much trouble as I have had in the last 4 to
5 months. I am extremely careful about everything. Do the antivirus
programs help with malware? I think it will only get worse for a long
time to come.

On 4/13/14, Doris and Chris <chipmunks@...> wrote:
msi has no email protection. thus some email clients like
thunderbird, o.e., winmail, etc might be at risk.

Doris

At 08:23 PM 4/12/2014 -0400, you wrote:
I am using MSE and I don't think it is as robust as I would like it to
be. Some things seem to make it through.

On 4/12/14, david <davidwhitehead1957@...> wrote:
what are you using now!

Lately, I have been getting a lot of unwanted things on my computer.
I am looking for a good, strong antivirus software that is JAWS
compatible. I don't care if it is free or paid. Please let me know
what you use and how it works. I will load it onto a laptop computer
running JAWS 13, 14, and 15.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Melissa Stott <mstott69@...>

Have you ever used Malwarebytes? It's a good malware program.

Lately, I have been getting a lot of unwanted things on my computer.
I am looking for a good, strong antivirus software that is JAWS
compatible. I don't care if it is free or paid. Please let me know
what you use and how it works. I will load it onto a laptop computer
running JAWS 13, 14, and 15.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Doris and Chris

using avg free edition here with jaws 13 on win xp.

doris

At 12:55 PM 4/12/2014 -0400, you wrote:
Lately, I have been getting a lot of unwanted things on my computer.
I am looking for a good, strong antivirus software that is JAWS
compatible. I don't care if it is free or paid. Please let me know
what you use and how it works. I will load it onto a laptop computer
running JAWS 13, 14, and 15.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Problem with the latest incarnation of MalWare Bytes is that it's not accessible with JAWS.
Bill White billwhite92701@...

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 9672 (20140413) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 9672 (20140413) __________

http://www.eset.com

Petro T. Giannakopoulos <petrogia@...>

Rick Harmon did a podcast for Accessible World showing that Malwarebytes can
be used with JAWS. He demoed the free version on that podcast. I use
Malwarebytes Pro here and is useable with the JAWS cursor to access the
tabs. Works fine here.

Problem with the latest incarnation of MalWare Bytes is that it's not
accessible with JAWS.
Bill White billwhite92701@...
Have you ever used Malwarebytes? It's a good malware program.

Lately, I have been getting a lot of unwanted things on my computer.
I am looking for a good, strong antivirus software that is JAWS
compatible. I don't care if it is free or paid. Please let me know
what you use and how it works. I will load it onto a laptop computer
running JAWS 13, 14, and 15.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

signature database 9672 (20140413) __________

http://www.eset.com

database 9672 (20140413) __________

http://www.eset.com

Cristóbal

Malwarebytes 2.0 is not Jaws accessible. Version 1.75 still is.

[...]

2014 free ed on xp. working ok tho a bit of a memory hog.

hth

Doris

----- Original Message ----- From: "Doris and Chris" <chipmunks@...>
using avg free edition here with jaws 13 on win xp.

doris

At 12:55 PM 4/12/2014 -0400, you wrote:
Lately, I have been getting a lot of unwanted things on my computer.
I am looking for a good, strong antivirus software that is JAWS
compatible. I don't care if it is free or paid. Please let me know
what you use and how it works. I will load it onto a laptop computer
running JAWS 13, 14, and 15.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Melissa Stott <mstott69@...>

Works fine for me too.

Problem with the latest incarnation of MalWare Bytes is that it's not
accessible with JAWS.
Bill White billwhite92701@...
Have you ever used Malwarebytes? It's a good malware program.

Lately, I have been getting a lot of unwanted things on my computer.
I am looking for a good, strong antivirus software that is JAWS
compatible. I don't care if it is free or paid. Please let me know
what you use and how it works. I will load it onto a laptop computer
running JAWS 13, 14, and 15.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Doris and Chris

get thke older and accessible 1.75 version from the

jaws-users.com

homepage. its signatures can still be updated. accessibility will be fixed in version 2.1.

hth

Doris

----- Original Message ----- From: "Melissa Stott" <mstott69@...>