audio recorder

Jim L

Heya Folks,

Can anyone recommend an audio recorder software program that works great
with Windows 7 and Jaws 15. I use to use Total Recorder on my old XP PC but
for some stupid reason the Windows 7 version won't allow to exclude
programs, in other words I can record my radio streams etc but it also
records my Jaws speech which is so annoying.

So please advise on some programs that can record my radio streams directly
and exclude my Jaws screen reader.
And that also works wonderful with Jaws

Cheers,

Jim

Ron <facup1927@...>

Hello Jim.

I use Audacity regularly and it doesn't record the speech from Jaws. Most of the features are accessible to us and there is a helpful forum where you can ask questions.

Audacityforblind@freelists.org.

If you google Audacity software you can download it for free.

Hope that helps.

Cheers.

Ron

Can anyone recommend an audio recorder software program that works great
with Windows 7 and Jaws 15. I use to use Total Recorder on my old XP PC but
for some stupid reason the Windows 7 version won't allow to exclude
programs, in other words I can record my radio streams etc but it also
records my Jaws speech which is so annoying.

So please advise on some programs that can record my radio streams directly
and exclude my Jaws screen reader.
And that also works wonderful with Jaws

Cheers,

Jim

Petro T. Giannakopoulos <petrogia@...>

Replay Radio from
http://www.applian.com

Can anyone recommend an audio recorder software program that works great
with Windows 7 and Jaws 15. I use to use Total Recorder on my old XP PC but
for some stupid reason the Windows 7 version won't allow to exclude
programs, in other words I can record my radio streams etc but it also
records my Jaws speech which is so annoying.

So please advise on some programs that can record my radio streams directly
and exclude my Jaws screen reader.
And that also works wonderful with Jaws

Cheers,

Jim

Jim L

Heya Ron,
I use to use Audacity years ago but found it complicated, is it much easier
to use these days? And can I record radio streams in mp3 and isolate Jaws
sound from not recording also?

Cheers,

Jim

Can anyone recommend an audio recorder software program that works great
with Windows 7 and Jaws 15. I use to use Total Recorder on my old XP PC
but
for some stupid reason the Windows 7 version won't allow to exclude
programs, in other words I can record my radio streams etc but it also
records my Jaws speech which is so annoying.

So please advise on some programs that can record my radio streams
directly
and exclude my Jaws screen reader.
And that also works wonderful with Jaws

Cheers,

Jim

Jim L

Sadly this is a annual subscription software now, so not suitable, any more
suggestions are appreciated

Can anyone recommend an audio recorder software program that works great
with Windows 7 and Jaws 15. I use to use Total Recorder on my old XP PC but
for some stupid reason the Windows 7 version won't allow to exclude
programs, in other words I can record my radio streams etc but it also
records my Jaws speech which is so annoying.

So please advise on some programs that can record my radio streams directly
and exclude my Jaws screen reader.
And that also works wonderful with Jaws

Cheers,

Jim

Aidan <aidan.smarttalk@...>

I suggest you get total recorder to work, as it can work on windows7.
I asked them to support aac plus streams and such, hope they will do
it, but that program is the easiest. If you want no jaws in your
recordings, just switch off speech with insert space s, or if you have
jaws ten and older, just insert v, then the end key, and press the
spacebar to turn it off and press enter. Repeat to turn back on. Or
perhaps get a USB headset to root jaws fru. That can help.

On 03/04/2014, Jim L <jimscave@tpg.com.au> wrote:
Sadly this is a annual subscription software now, so not suitable, any more
suggestions are appreciated

Can anyone recommend an audio recorder software program that works great
with Windows 7 and Jaws 15. I use to use Total Recorder on my old XP PC but
for some stupid reason the Windows 7 version won't allow to exclude
programs, in other words I can record my radio streams etc but it also
records my Jaws speech which is so annoying.

So please advise on some programs that can record my radio streams directly
and exclude my Jaws screen reader.
And that also works wonderful with Jaws

Cheers,

Jim

Facebook: m.facebook.com/aidan.maher92
Skype: andries4451
Twitter: smarttalk7
Audioboo: www.audioboo.com/DjSpotlight

Ron <facup1927@...>

Hi Jim.

It's still a bit complicated yep. To be honest I only do limited things with it, but there are people on the list much more in the know than me. I am sure you can record streams, but thinking about it think its not that straightforward.

It's free though, perhaps trying again is an option?

Good luck.