From: Jim L
Sent: Sunday, March 23, 2014 6:35
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Winamp Alternative

Heya folks,

Can anyone recommend a Winamp Alternative that works wonderful with Jaws 15
and Windows 7?
I'd like it to have all the features winamp has and the options and features
are really Jaws friendly.

Cheers,

Jim

Michael Ritter <blindleben@...>

Hi Jim,

not sure what features WinAmp has, but I like Foobar. If you choose the proper UI design, it's perfect for Screenreader usage, and with a couple of addons it does everything I need to do.

Cheers

Michael

--
Blog:
http://blindleben.blogspot.de

Am 23.03.2014 11:35, schrieb Jim L:

Heya folks,

Can anyone recommend a Winamp Alternative that works wonderful with Jaws 15
and Windows 7?
I'd like it to have all the features winamp has and the options and features
are really Jaws friendly.

Cheers,

Jim

Brent Harding

If you were thinking of switching because of the old news of Winamp's potential demise, it looks like another company has acquired Winamp and will still be keeping it alive.

not sure what features WinAmp has, but I like Foobar. If you choose the proper UI design, it's perfect for Screenreader usage, and with a couple of addons it does everything I need to do.

Cheers

Michael

--
Blog:
http://blindleben.blogspot.de

Am 23.03.2014 11:35, schrieb Jim L:
Heya folks,

Can anyone recommend a Winamp Alternative that works wonderful with Jaws 15
and Windows 7?
I'd like it to have all the features winamp has and the options and features
are really Jaws friendly.

Cheers,

Jim

Mario

Radionomy.com acquired Winamp.

[...]

Jim L

Not at all, am having issues with the winamp media library and Jaws 15
And I am a very experienced user of winamp, it has been my default player
for 10 years and more

[...]

Jean M <jemenzies@...>

So, what is the proper UI design for Foobar and the add-ins you speak of?

not sure what features WinAmp has, but I like Foobar. If you choose the
proper UI design, it's perfect for Screenreader usage, and with a couple
of addons it does everything I need to do.

Cheers

Michael

--
Blog:
http://blindleben.blogspot.de

Am 23.03.2014 11:35, schrieb Jim L:
Heya folks,

Can anyone recommend a Winamp Alternative that works wonderful with Jaws 15
and Windows 7?
I'd like it to have all the features winamp has and the options and features
are really Jaws friendly.

Cheers,

Jim

Tom Lange

Ah, very good! So that llama is still in danger of getting his behind whipped.
Glad to know that Winamp will still be around even if the llama still gets a beating.
Tom

[...]

I'm currently using the simple playlist with tabs layout, but several of the layouts are well usable with a screenreader.

As for addins, the main one for me is the FLV decoder. If you're curious what else there is, take a peek:
http://www.foobar2000.org/components

Cheers

Michael

--

-----Original Message----- From: Michael Ritter
Sent: Sunday, March 23, 2014 11:54 AM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.

Hi Jim,

not sure what features WinAmp has, but I like Foobar. If you choose the
proper UI design, it's perfect for Screenreader usage, and with a couple
of addons it does everything I need to do.

Cheers

Michael

--
Blog:
http://blindleben.blogspot.de

Am 23.03.2014 11:35, schrieb Jim L:
Heya folks,

Can anyone recommend a Winamp Alternative that works wonderful with Jaws 15
and Windows 7?
I'd like it to have all the features winamp has and the options and features
are really Jaws friendly.

Cheers,

Jim

Jean Menzies <jemenzies@...>

Thanks Michael. I had tried Foobar before and didn't get too far with it. Will take another look with this layout. Thanks.