Electronic Signatures on documents

Barbara Hansen <the2skibears@...>

Hello to all,

I need some good instructions concerning the process for doing an electronic
signature on a grant application. This is an online application and I have
never done one before. I have no idea where to start for producing an
electronic signature. Any assistance you can offer, would be greatly
appreciated.

Barbara Hansen

---

Marianne Denning

I signed a plain piece of paper,
scanned it in,
saved it as a Microsoft Word 2010 document.
It shows up as an image so I copy the image and place it where it
needs to go on the document or form.
There is also a way to save it as a picture and then insert that
picture where you want it but I haven't done it enough to feel
confident about explaining it.

On 3/18/14, Barbara Hansen <the2skibears@...> wrote:
Hello to all,

I need some good instructions concerning the process for doing an
electronic
signature on a grant application. This is an online application and I have
never done one before. I have no idea where to start for producing an
electronic signature. Any assistance you can offer, would be greatly
appreciated.

Barbara Hansen

---
protection is active.
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Ford, Tim (CDPH-OLS) <Tim.Ford@...>

Wow, that sounds pretty easy, and something I had always intended to set up.

However, I bet that what Barbara is facing is different, and should work fine with JAWS if the web site is properly set up.

Since this is an online application, I suspect that what the web site is referring to is different than a scan of your actual signature. It is instead probably referring to a process, which in my experience is JAWS friendly, where you check a box indicating you understand that this electronic signature is really a promise that you are you. You may be asked to fill in some other information as well. The ones I have completed were fine with JAWS, just read through and enter text and check boxes as you normally would with JAWS, and I think that will work.

Sincerely,
Tim Ford

[...]

That is a good point and I thought of that too. I had some sighted
help to get the signature in the beginning but I am not sure that is
necessary. Maybe others can comment on this because it is really
convenient and I use it regularly. When I get better at the inserting
of the picture I will describe it.

On 3/18/14, Ford, Tim (CDPH-OLS) <Tim.Ford@...> wrote:
[...]

Thanks Mary Ann! I think I can do that.

When you scanned the signature, did you use Openbook or just scan the
"normal" way?

Barbara

saved it as a Microsoft Word 2010 document.
It shows up as an image so I copy the image and place it where it needs to
go on the document or form.
There is also a way to save it as a picture and then insert that picture
where you want it but I haven't done it enough to feel confident about
explaining it.

On 3/18/14, Barbara Hansen <the2skibears@...> wrote:
Hello to all,

I need some good instructions concerning the process for doing an
electronic signature on a grant application. This is an online
application and I have never done one before. I have no idea where to
start for producing an electronic signature. Any assistance you can
offer, would be greatly appreciated.

Barbara Hansen

---
protection is active.
scrubbed...

Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

---

Marianne Denning

I used a regular scanner without any blindness specific OCR.