From: Denise J Moses
Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2014 8:18 AM
To: 'The Jaws for Windows support list.'
Subject: ribbon not working with JAWS 15

The ribbon is not working with JAWS 15. I have Vista, & Office 2007. It
will let me read the tabs but when I arrow down or tab it doesn't say
anything. I've turned virtual ribbon both on and off and neither makes a
difference. I've also used control F1 to collapse and enable and it has to
be collapsed for JAWS to read. Any help or suggestions.

Denise

Jean M <jemenzies@...>

Hi Denise,

Just went through this same problem after upgrading from Windows 8 to 8.1. I talked to FS, and their initial advise didn't work, but it entailed going to
c:\program files\freedom scientific\shared folder and delete the file called fsRibbonsrv folder. Then, wih the Jaws program in the c:\ roote directory, do a repair. However, the repair did not reinstall the deleted folder as expected.

What I then did that worked was this: I had NVDA available as a secondary screenreader. I uninstalled Jaws and all shared components. I then used NVDA to uninstall every FS listed program on my system. I then reinstalled Jaws from the c:\ root directory. Now the ribbons work properly. Hope this helps.

I have noticed, though, that under Windows 8.1, JAWS is very sluggish when my braille display is connected. Does anyone have any thoughts on that?

Jean

The ribbon is not working with JAWS 15. I have Vista, & Office 2007. It
will let me read the tabs but when I arrow down or tab it doesn't say
anything. I've turned virtual ribbon both on and off and neither makes a
difference. I've also used control F1 to collapse and enable and it has to
be collapsed for JAWS to read. Any help or suggestions.

Denise

Melissa Stott <mstott69@...>

Have you tried ControlF1? That worked for me.

The ribbon is not working with JAWS 15. I have Vista, & Office 2007. It
will let me read the tabs but when I arrow down or tab it doesn't say
anything. I've turned virtual ribbon both on and off and neither makes a
difference. I've also used control F1 to collapse and enable and it has to
be collapsed for JAWS to read. Any help or suggestions.

Denise

Melissa Stott <mstott69@...>

I forgot to mention that I'm using Jaws15 and windows 7.

The ribbon is not working with JAWS 15. I have Vista, & Office 2007. It
will let me read the tabs but when I arrow down or tab it doesn't say
anything. I've turned virtual ribbon both on and off and neither makes a
difference. I've also used control F1 to collapse and enable and it has to
be collapsed for JAWS to read. Any help or suggestions.

Denise

Melissa Stott <mstott69@...>

When I first installed Jaws15, the ribbon was not working, so I called Freedom Scientific, and they told me that they were working on a fix. In the next update, it worked.

I forgot to mention that I'm using Jaws15 and windows 7.

The ribbon is not working with JAWS 15. I have Vista, & Office 2007. It
will let me read the tabs but when I arrow down or tab it doesn't say
anything. I've turned virtual ribbon both on and off and neither makes a
difference. I've also used control F1 to collapse and enable and it has to
be collapsed for JAWS to read. Any help or suggestions.

Denise

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Denise,

Make sure the window is maximized. HTH
Take care.
Mike
This email was sent from my, iBarstool.

The ribbon is not working with JAWS 15. I have Vista, & Office 2007. It
will let me read the tabs but when I arrow down or tab it doesn't say
anything. I've turned virtual ribbon both on and off and neither makes a
difference. I've also used control F1 to collapse and enable and it has to
be collapsed for JAWS to read. Any help or suggestions.

Denise

bob mathews <bmathews@...>

HI Tom I have the same problem with Outlook 2007 running Windows XP, and
don't see minimize ribbons in the app menu . What ver are you running? Tnx
Bob

Don't know if this will work with Vista as I am using Windows 7, but I had
the same problem last night. While in a word document I brought up the
application menu by pressing control, shift, F10. minimize the ribbon was
checked. Un checked it and all was fine. Tom

The ribbon is not working with JAWS 15. I have Vista, & Office 2007. It
will let me read the tabs but when I arrow down or tab it doesn't say
anything. I've turned virtual ribbon both on and off and neither makes a
difference. I've also used control F1 to collapse and enable and it has to
be collapsed for JAWS to read. Any help or suggestions.

Denise

T. Civitello

I am not running Outlook. I had the problem on MS Word 2007 and today I had the same problem in Windows Live Mail. Focus on the ribbon and then press control, Shift, F10 and it should be in the menu that comes up. Tom

HI Tom I have the same problem with Outlook 2007 running Windows XP, and
don't see minimize ribbons in the app menu . What ver are you running? Tnx
Bob

The ribbon is not working with JAWS 15. I have Vista, & Office 2007. It
will let me read the tabs but when I arrow down or tab it doesn't say
anything. I've turned virtual ribbon both on and off and neither makes a
difference. I've also used control F1 to collapse and enable and it has to
be collapsed for JAWS to read. Any help or suggestions.

Denise

Melissa Stott <mstott69@...>

I'm running windows live mail also, and am not having any problems.