question about possibly applying for a job

Rhonda Partain

I have thought about applying to a place called Omni Call near me. This is
an answering service. They tell me they use infinity software for their
agents to record calls. I can't seem to find any information about
accessibility with Jaws. I even went on the Infinity site and sent in a
request to tech support, and left a voice mail with no answer. Nothing on
the internet answers my question. I see others havve inquired about this
software; but no answer as to whether it is accessible or not. I suspect it
isn't or someone would have found out by now. So, question is, is it a waste
of time to apply when I don't even suspect the software is accessible?
Thank you for your thoughts
Rhonda Partain.

Charles Krugman

You have several possible options to address this issue. First, contact Freedom Scientific to ascertain whether they have knowledge of this software. Second apply for the job and when the issue comes up regarding accessibility contact your state rehab agency to conduct an evaluation to determine whether the software is accessible. third, you could meet with the company to have them work with you to determine whether the software is used and how the job might be adapted. Unfortunately much of the software if it is cloud-based is not accessible though.
Chuck

I have thought about applying to a place called Omni Call near me. This is
an answering service. They tell me they use infinity software for their
agents to record calls. I can't seem to find any information about
accessibility with Jaws. I even went on the Infinity site and sent in a
request to tech support, and left a voice mail with no answer. Nothing on
the internet answers my question. I see others havve inquired about this
software; but no answer as to whether it is accessible or not. I suspect it
isn't or someone would have found out by now. So, question is, is it a waste
of time to apply when I don't even suspect the software is accessible?
Thank you for your thoughts
Rhonda Partain.

Rhonda Partain

FS doesnt know anything about this software. Not sure if it is cloud based
or not, could probably find out. Thanks.
Rhonda

Michael Mote

Rhonda. I would still apply for the job. There is the possibility of
scripts being written in order to make a program or an application
accessible with JAWS. I would contact your Vocational Rehabilitation office
for help. They should be able to conduct a on-sight job assessment, if the
company's willing to cooperate. They should be willing to provide
reasonable accommodations for you. Good luck!