Hot Spot Clicker Question

Tom Behler

Hi, all.

I hope this isn't considered off topic, but on a Windows XP computer that I
own, I just uninstalled Hot Spot Clicker, because it didn't seem as useful
as I originally thought it would be.

However, when I access certain program applications, I now get messages that
say something to the effect that Hot Spot Clicker is unable to function in
this application. The message further indicates that I should close, and
then re-start Jaws again. I do this, but the message still re-appears.

I've obviously done something wrong, or missed a step, in the uninstall
process, and wonder if there is any way I can correct this problem now?

Interestingly, Hot Spot Clicker does not show up any longer in my programs
list under add/remove programs.

Dr. Tom Behler from Michigan

Pat Byrne

Tom,
Have you shut down and restarted the computer? Perhaps that will solve the problem.
Pat byrneAt 07:17 PM 1/7/2014, you wrote:

Hi, all.

I hope this isn't considered off topic, but on a Windows XP computer that I
own, I just uninstalled Hot Spot Clicker, because it didn't seem as useful
as I originally thought it would be.

However, when I access certain program applications, I now get messages that
say something to the effect that Hot Spot Clicker is unable to function in
this application. The message further indicates that I should close, and
then re-start Jaws again. I do this, but the message still re-appears.

I've obviously done something wrong, or missed a step, in the uninstall
process, and wonder if there is any way I can correct this problem now?

Interestingly, Hot Spot Clicker does not show up any longer in my programs
list under add/remove programs.

Dr. Tom Behler from Michigan

Tom Behler

Yeah, I have, but no luck.

The problem continues to re-appear.

Thanks anyway, Pat.

Tom Behler

[...]

scrubbed...

Doris and Chris

Have you tried a repair of jaws?

I used to use hotspot clicker a few versions ago and had similar problems but do not remember what the solution was.

cheers

doris

At 08:17 PM 2014/01/07 -0500, you wrote:
Hi, all.

I hope this isn't considered off topic, but on a Windows XP computer that I
own, I just uninstalled Hot Spot Clicker, because it didn't seem as useful
as I originally thought it would be.

However, when I access certain program applications, I now get messages that
say something to the effect that Hot Spot Clicker is unable to function in
this application. The message further indicates that I should close, and
then re-start Jaws again. I do this, but the message still re-appears.

I've obviously done something wrong, or missed a step, in the uninstall
process, and wonder if there is any way I can correct this problem now?

Interestingly, Hot Spot Clicker does not show up any longer in my programs
list under add/remove programs.

Dr. Tom Behler from Michigan

Petro T. Giannakopoulos <petrogia@...>

Write to the developer.
Use CCleaner to fully remove leftover parts of the program.
Install the program again.
Reboot your PC.
Uninstall the program from ctrl panel.
Reboot pc.

I used to use hotspot clicker a few versions ago and had similar
problems but do not remember what the solution was.

cheers

doris

At 08:17 PM 2014/01/07 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi, all.
>

>I hope this isn't considered off topic, but on a Windows XP computer that I
>own, I just uninstalled Hot Spot Clicker, because it didn't seem as useful
>as I originally thought it would be.
>

>However, when I access certain program applications, I now get messages that
>say something to the effect that Hot Spot Clicker is unable to function in
>this application. The message further indicates that I should close, and
>then re-start Jaws again. I do this, but the message still re-appears.
>

>I've obviously done something wrong, or missed a step, in the uninstall
>process, and wonder if there is any way I can correct this problem now?
>

>Interestingly, Hot Spot Clicker does not show up any longer in my programs
>list under add/remove programs.
>

>Dr. Tom Behler from Michigan

Tom Behler

, I have not tried a Jaws repair.

You would think the Jaws software would be more robust and resilient than to
have to require repairs like this after a simple uninstallation, but then
again, given the problems people have had with some of the more recent
updates, sadly, I'm not surprised.

I have Jaws repair instructions here, and will definitely try them.

Thanks much for the suggestion.

Dr. Tom Behler from Michigan

[...]

I've already uninstalled Hot Spot Clicker from the control panel, which is
why I would think I shouldn't have this problem.

Will try CCcleaner to hopefully get rid of any remaining pieces of Hot Spot
Clicker.

Thanks!

Dr. Tom Behler from Michigan

I used to use hotspot clicker a few versions ago and had similar
problems but do not remember what the solution was.

cheers

doris

At 08:17 PM 2014/01/07 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi, all.
>

>I hope this isn't considered off topic, but on a Windows XP computer that
>own, I just uninstalled Hot Spot Clicker, because it didn't seem as
useful
>as I originally thought it would be.
>

>However, when I access certain program applications, I now get messages
that
>say something to the effect that Hot Spot Clicker is unable to function
in
>this application. The message further indicates that I should close, and
>then re-start Jaws again. I do this, but the message still re-appears.
>

>I've obviously done something wrong, or missed a step, in the uninstall
>process, and wonder if there is any way I can correct this problem now?
>

>Interestingly, Hot Spot Clicker does not show up any longer in my
programs
>list under add/remove programs.
>

>Dr. Tom Behler from Michigan

dan Kerstetter <dhk55@...>

Tom,

If you're having trouble with things left behind from an uninstall, I would
suggest a program called revo uninstaller. If you follow its instructions
you can remove every trace of a program.

I just looked and revo is available at:

http://ninite.com/

If you need help with it, write me off list and I'll walk you through it. I
use it all the time.

HTH

Dan

I used to use hotspot clicker a few versions ago and had similar
problems but do not remember what the solution was.

cheers

doris

At 08:17 PM 2014/01/07 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi, all.
>

>I hope this isn't considered off topic, but on a Windows XP computer that
>own, I just uninstalled Hot Spot Clicker, because it didn't seem as
useful
>as I originally thought it would be.
>

>However, when I access certain program applications, I now get messages
that
>say something to the effect that Hot Spot Clicker is unable to function
in
>this application. The message further indicates that I should close, and
>then re-start Jaws again. I do this, but the message still re-appears.
>

>I've obviously done something wrong, or missed a step, in the uninstall
>process, and wonder if there is any way I can correct this problem now?
>

>Interestingly, Hot Spot Clicker does not show up any longer in my
programs
>list under add/remove programs.
>

>Dr. Tom Behler from Michigan

Tom Behler

Dan:

Would you say that revo uninstall is more effective than CCleaner for this
purpose?

I think someone on the list suggested CCleaner, but I will try Revo
uninstall if it would be better.

Tom Behler

I used to use hotspot clicker a few versions ago and had similar
problems but do not remember what the solution was.

cheers

doris

At 08:17 PM 2014/01/07 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi, all.
>

>I hope this isn't considered off topic, but on a Windows XP computer that
>own, I just uninstalled Hot Spot Clicker, because it didn't seem as
useful
>as I originally thought it would be.
>

>However, when I access certain program applications, I now get messages
that
>say something to the effect that Hot Spot Clicker is unable to function
in
>this application. The message further indicates that I should close, and
>then re-start Jaws again. I do this, but the message still re-appears.
>

>I've obviously done something wrong, or missed a step, in the uninstall
>process, and wonder if there is any way I can correct this problem now?
>

>Interestingly, Hot Spot Clicker does not show up any longer in my
programs
>list under add/remove programs.
>

>Dr. Tom Behler from Michigan

dan Kerstetter <dhk55@...>

Tom,

When I answered your email yesterday I think I had an almost senior moment.
I had forgotten you already uninstalled the program. Consequently Revo
might not see it and CCleaner is probably the best thing you could use under
the circumstances.

Sorry for the confusion.

Dan

I used to use hotspot clicker a few versions ago and had similar
problems but do not remember what the solution was.

cheers

doris

At 08:17 PM 2014/01/07 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi, all.
>

>I hope this isn't considered off topic, but on a Windows XP computer that
>own, I just uninstalled Hot Spot Clicker, because it didn't seem as
useful
>as I originally thought it would be.
>

>However, when I access certain program applications, I now get messages
that
>say something to the effect that Hot Spot Clicker is unable to function
in
>this application. The message further indicates that I should close, and
>then re-start Jaws again. I do this, but the message still re-appears.
>

>I've obviously done something wrong, or missed a step, in the uninstall
>process, and wonder if there is any way I can correct this problem now?
>

>Interestingly, Hot Spot Clicker does not show up any longer in my
programs
>list under add/remove programs.
>

>Dr. Tom Behler from Michigan

Tom Behler

No problem, Dan.

Since I already have uninstalled Hot Spot Clicker, I think I'll try C
Cleaner, then, and see if it solves the problem.

And, if not, I may quiry the list again on any other suggested solutions.

Dr. Tom Behler from Michigan