computer Properties information in windows 7

Brian and Denise Albriton <autoharp@...>

Sorry about the previous scrambled messages guys.
In windows xp, you could press alt-enter on my computer and get a lot of information, sometimes including your computer model and such.
You'd also get the operating system and other hardware and software information.
How do I get this same information in windows 7?

Ann Byrne

Press the applications key, arrow up once to properties and press enter. The screen is full of information, but you have to press insert+b or use the JAWS cursor for JAWS to read it.

At 07:59 PM 11/12/2013, you wrote:
Sorry about the previous scrambled messages guys.
In windows xp, you could press alt-enter on my computer and get a lot of information, sometimes including your computer model and such.
You'd also get the operating system and other hardware and software information.
How do I get this same information in windows 7?

Adrian Spratt

In addition, you can get a lot of system information by pressing the Windows key+pause (the key at the top far right on a standard keyboard). This key combo also worked in XP. In Win7, MS saw fit to add what amounts to several ads for enhancements, but the details are still useful.

Press the applications key, arrow up once to properties and press
enter. The screen is full of information, but you have to press
insert+b or use the JAWS cursor for JAWS to read it.
At 07:59 PM 11/12/2013, you wrote:
Sorry about the previous scrambled messages guys.
In windows xp, you could press alt-enter on my computer and get a
lot of information, sometimes including your computer model and such.
You'd also get the operating system and other hardware and software
information.
How do I get this same information in windows 7?

Petro T. Giannakopoulos <petrogia@...>

Press the Applications key on what? Or just press it?

Press the applications key, arrow up once to properties and press
enter. The screen is full of information, but you have to press
insert+b or use the JAWS cursor for JAWS to read it.
At 07:59 PM 11/12/2013, you wrote:
>Sorry about the previous scrambled messages guys.
>In windows xp, you could press alt-enter on my computer and get a
>lot of information, sometimes including your computer model and such.
>You'd also get the operating system and other hardware and software
>information.
>How do I get this same information in windows 7?

Ann Byrne

Press Windows key +e to Go to windows explorer. With nothing selected, press the applications key.

At 05:15 AM 11/13/2013, you wrote:
Press the Applications key on what? Or just press it?

Press the applications key, arrow up once to properties and press
enter. The screen is full of information, but you have to press
insert+b or use the JAWS cursor for JAWS to read it.
At 07:59 PM 11/12/2013, you wrote:
>Sorry about the previous scrambled messages guys.
>In windows xp, you could press alt-enter on my computer and get a
>lot of information, sometimes including your computer model and such.
>You'd also get the operating system and other hardware and software
>information.
>How do I get this same information in windows 7?

Gary Ketler <gketler@...>

Brian,

You may havee figured it out by now. You might try applications key and r, that should give you the information you need if alt enter doesn't work.-----Original Message-----
Sorry about the previous scrambled messages guys.
In windows xp, you could press alt-enter on my computer and get a lot of
information, sometimes including your computer model and such.
You'd also get the operating system and other hardware and software
information.
How do I get this same information in windows 7?

Andrew J. LaPointe

Can you suggest on how to find out how much disk space you have left? Andy

Sorry about the previous scrambled messages guys.
In windows xp, you could press alt-enter on my computer and get a lot of
information, sometimes including your computer model and such.
You'd also get the operating system and other hardware and software
information.
How do I get this same information in windows 7?

Adrian Spratt

To elaborate on Ann's post, open Windows Explorer with Win key+e, press spacebar on the desired drive (probably C) and then press control+enter. Switch to the JAWS cursor to read and arrow down through the various items of information.

Can you suggest on how to find out how much disk space you have left? Andy

You may havee figured it out by now. You might try applications key and r,
that should give you the information you need if alt enter doesn't
work.-----Original Message-----
Sorry about the previous scrambled messages guys.
In windows xp, you could press alt-enter on my computer and get a lot of
information, sometimes including your computer model and such.
You'd also get the operating system and other hardware and software
information.
How do I get this same information in windows 7?

Andrew J. LaPointe

Thank you very much for this info. Andy and Shubert

To elaborate on Ann's post, open Windows Explorer with Win key+e, press spacebar on the desired drive (probably C) and then press control+enter. Switch to the JAWS cursor to read and arrow down through the various items of information.

Can you suggest on how to find out how much disk space you have left? Andy

You may havee figured it out by now. You might try applications key and r,
that should give you the information you need if alt enter doesn't
work.-----Original Message-----
Sorry about the previous scrambled messages guys.
In windows xp, you could press alt-enter on my computer and get a lot of
information, sometimes including your computer model and such.
You'd also get the operating system and other hardware and software
information.
How do I get this same information in windows 7?

Dave Durber

Andrew:

Open Windows Explorer by pressing WINDOWS KEY+E.

Highlight the drive for which you need to obtain the disk statistics.

Press ALT+ENTER, to open the properties for that drive.

Press INSERT/JAWS KEY+NUM PAD MINUS, to route the JAWS cursor to the PC cursor.

Tap the DOWN ARROW, until you hear JAWS

Can you suggest on how to find out how much disk space you have left? Andy

Sorry about the previous scrambled messages guys.
In windows xp, you could press alt-enter on my computer and get a lot of
information, sometimes including your computer model and such.
You'd also get the operating system and other hardware and software
information.
How do I get this same information in windows 7?

Dave Durber

Andrew:

Open Windows Explorer.

Highlight the drive for which you want the statistics.

Route the JAWS cursor to the PC cursor.

Tap the DOWN ARROW key once, JAWS should tell you the type of drive that is highlighted.

Tap the DOWN ARROW key again, JAWS should tell you the type of format for the drive.

Tap the DOWN ARROW key again, JAWS should say: Used Space, followed by the MB, GB or TB value for the amount of space used on the drive.

Tap the DOWN ARROW key again, JAWS should say: Free Space, followed by the MB, GB or TB value for the amount of free space available on the drive

Tap the DOWN ARROW key again, JAWS should say: Capacity, followed by the MB, GB or TB value for the total capacity of the drive

If that is all the information you wisht to know within the properties for that drive, tap the ESC key, to close the properties dialog and you will be back on the highlighted drive.

Oh yes, I forgot, if you have finished using Windows Explorer, Press ALT+F4, to close Windows Explorer.

HTH

Sincerely:

Dave Durber

Can you suggest on how to find out how much disk space you have left? Andy

Sorry about the previous scrambled messages guys.
In windows xp, you could press alt-enter on my computer and get a lot of
information, sometimes including your computer model and such.
You'd also get the operating system and other hardware and software
information.
How do I get this same information in windows 7?

Petro T. Giannakopoulos <petrogia@...>

And go back to your PC cursor with numpad + when completely finished.

> Can you suggest on how to find out how much disk space you have left?
> Andy

You can also read the information with insert+b.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andrew J. LaPointe" <alapointe89@comcast.net>

You may havee figured it out by now. You might try applications key and r, that should give you the information you need if alt enter doesn't work.-----Original Message----- From: Brian and Denise Albriton
Sent: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 7:59 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.

Sorry about the previous scrambled messages guys.
In windows xp, you could press alt-enter on my computer and get a lot of
information, sometimes including your computer model and such.
You'd also get the operating system and other hardware and software
information.
How do I get this same information in windows 7?

Soronel Haetir

Or if you have explorer set to the details view you can just use the
PC cursor and the right and left arrow keys to read the columns.

Sent: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 7:59 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.

Sorry about the previous scrambled messages guys.
In windows xp, you could press alt-enter on my computer and get a lot of
information, sometimes including your computer model and such.
You'd also get the operating system and other hardware and software
information.
How do I get this same information in windows 7?

Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@gmail.com

Dave Durber

Petro:

I do not know what is wrong with me today, I forgot to include that instruction in both my messages to andrew.

Thank you for telling Andrew that one.

sincerely:

Dave Durber

And go back to your PC cursor with numpad + when completely finished.

> Can you suggest on how to find out how much disk space you have left?
> Andy

Your info was excellent.

> And go back to your PC cursor with numpad + when completely finished.

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

If you're an HP user, I seem to recall they have their own variation. I think it's something like Shift-Ctrl-S.