From: Drew Hunthausen
Sent: Saturday, November 09, 2013 7:41 PM
To: Jaws list
Cc: Jaws list
Subject: starting jaws 15

Dear list,

I am running jaws 14 on my windows 8 machine and am trying to install
version 15. I don't want to uninstall 14 and can't figure out how to start
up 15. I've closed 14 and tried to start 15 like I did with versions on my
windows 7 machine but it won't work. Any help is greatly appreciated. thanks

john.falter

Hi Drew:
Can you use the Windows key plus R then type JAWS15?

I am running jaws 14 on my windows 8 machine and am trying to install
version 15. I don't want to uninstall 14 and can't figure out how to start
up 15. I've closed 14 and tried to start 15 like I did with versions on my
windows 7 machine but it won't work. Any help is greatly appreciated. thanks

Drew Hunthausen

That was the first thing I tried and it didn't work. Thanks for the
suggestion

Can you use the Windows key plus R then type JAWS15?
I am running jaws 14 on my windows 8 machine and am trying to install
version 15. I don't want to uninstall 14 and can't figure out how to start
up 15. I've closed 14 and tried to start 15 like I did with versions on my
windows 7 machine but it won't work. Any help is greatly appreciated.
thanks

Cy Selfridge

Hi,
Under W7 64 bit I had all manner or problems with auto play on.
It worked nicely when I disabled the auto play option.
Cy

I am assuming Win 8 has an item called auto play which you can locate with
the search. after you locate it set the dvd item to start program disks.
then when you load a program disk into the tray the jaws install will start.

Tom

I am running jaws 14 on my windows 8 machine and am trying to install
version 15. I don't want to uninstall 14 and can't figure out how to start
up 15. I've closed 14 and tried to start 15 like I did with versions on my
windows 7 machine but it won't work. Any help is greatly appreciated. thanks

Michael Boyd <mikeboyd61@...>

Hi Drew,

You would have to open the RUN dialogue box and type in the full path to the file, I.e., d:\j15.0.xxxxx, where xxxxx is the JAWS release number. Then, press "Enter." I am pretty sure this will work, hope so.

Mike

That was the first thing I tried and it didn't work. Thanks for the
suggestion

Can you use the Windows key plus R then type JAWS15?
I am running jaws 14 on my windows 8 machine and am trying to install
version 15. I don't want to uninstall 14 and can't figure out how to start
up 15. I've closed 14 and tried to start 15 like I did with versions on my
windows 7 machine but it won't work. Any help is greatly appreciated.
thanks

Regards,
Michael Boyd
mikeboyd61@outlook.com
(985) 856-6135

Drew Hunthausen

I don't know if it's how I have things set up, but so far this doesn't work
either. I tried it a few times. thanks

That was the first thing I tried and it didn't work. Thanks for the
suggestion

Can you use the Windows key plus R then type JAWS15?
I am running jaws 14 on my windows 8 machine and am trying to install
version 15. I don't want to uninstall 14 and can't figure out how to
start up 15. I've closed 14 and tried to start 15 like I did with
versions on my windows 7 machine but it won't work. Any help is
greatly appreciated.
thanks

scrubbed...
201311
09/e4c62f5c/attachment.html>
Regards,
Michael Boyd
mikeboyd61@outlook.com
(985) 856-6135

Petro T. Giannakopoulos <petrogia@...>

Did you install JAWS at a different path location?