JAWS with PuTTY

Bergmann, David <David.Bergmann@...>

Does anyone know of scripts for PuTTY that will work with JAWS 14?
Or a VT100 type terminal emulator that will work with JAWS?

Thanks

David Bergmann
Rehabilitation Technologist
Department of Rehabilitation Services
Bureau of Education and Services for the Blind
184 Windsor Ave.
Windsor, CT 06095
860-602-4146

Michael Babcock <empoweringtheblind@...>

Hi;
Did you ever find anything? I'm looking for something the same.
Thanks

Does anyone know of scripts for PuTTY that will work with JAWS 14?
Or a VT100 type terminal emulator that will work with JAWS?

Thanks

David Bergmann
Rehabilitation Technologist
Department of Rehabilitation Services
Bureau of Education and Services for the Blind
184 Windsor Ave.
Windsor, CT 06095
860-602-4146

mike stopka <mmstopka28@...>

Hi,

If you don't mind paying there's secure crt. Theirs scripts but don't remember what the sitE address is. As far as free goes theirs cigwin or taraterm.

Mike

From: Michael Babcock <empoweringtheblind@icloud.com>
Sender: "Jfw" <jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2013 19:28:40
To: 'The Jaws for Windows support list.'<jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Subject: RE: JAWS with PuTTY

Hi;
Did you ever find anything? I'm looking for something the same.
Thanks

Does anyone know of scripts for PuTTY that will work with JAWS 14?
Or a VT100 type terminal emulator that will work with JAWS?

Thanks

David Bergmann
Rehabilitation Technologist
Department of Rehabilitation Services
Bureau of Education and Services for the Blind
184 Windsor Ave.
Windsor, CT 06095
860-602-4146

Lee Maschmeyer

In my limited experience the best ssh client is OpenSSH that's included in Cygwin. I'm partially deaf though and work with speech turned off almost all the time, so I can't say how well this setup works with speech; but for braille it's rather good. The biggest limitation is that routing buttons don't work. At one point I wrote scripts to deal with this but they don't work very well anymore and I haven't bothered to fix them up.

HTH,

--

Lee Maschmeyer

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
--Lewis Carroll

James Homuth

I have a *very* basic thing that makes Secure CRT work more flexibly with
JAWS. It's nothing special--just negating the reading/typing interupt so
system feedback isn't cut off if your fingers are getting ahead of your
brain. It's a single .jcf file, but it seems to work for me. If there's
interest, I can make it publicly available for use. I've used it for half an
age problem free.

From: Michael Babcock <empoweringtheblind@icloud.com>
Sender: "Jfw" <jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2013 19:28:40
To: 'The Jaws for Windows support list.'<jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>

Hi;
Did you ever find anything? I'm looking for something the same.
Thanks

Does anyone know of scripts for PuTTY that will work with JAWS 14?
Or a VT100 type terminal emulator that will work with JAWS?

Thanks

David Bergmann
Rehabilitation Technologist
Department of Rehabilitation Services
Bureau of Education and Services for the Blind
184 Windsor Ave.
Windsor, CT 06095
860-602-4146

mike stopka <mmstopka28@...>

Hi james

Would like to see what you did as the scripts I use I mashed together.

From: Michael Babcock <empoweringtheblind@icloud.com>
Sender: "Jfw" <jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2013 19:28:40
To: 'The Jaws for Windows support list.'<jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>

Hi;
Did you ever find anything? I'm looking for something the same.
Thanks

Does anyone know of scripts for PuTTY that will work with JAWS 14?
Or a VT100 type terminal emulator that will work with JAWS?

Thanks

David Bergmann
Rehabilitation Technologist
Department of Rehabilitation Services
Bureau of Education and Services for the Blind
184 Windsor Ave.
Windsor, CT 06095
860-602-4146

James Homuth

It's literally nothing special. Say all is on for that application, reading
and typing interupt are off. That's it. Useful trivia: typing interupt I
actually had to disable manually--they killed that setting a couple versions
ago.

Would like to see what you did as the scripts I use I mashed together.

From: Michael Babcock <empoweringtheblind@icloud.com>
Sender: "Jfw" <jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2013 19:28:40
To: 'The Jaws for Windows support list.'<jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>