JAWS 15 Beta

Dave...

I've purposely not jumped into installing the JFW 15 Beta yet. What have you
others experienced, when using on Windows 7?

Dave Carlson
San Francisco Bay Area Farfar, woodworker, and musician
dgcarlson@...

Cristóbal

The first beta other than a problematic installation that FS helped me
resolve was surprisingly good. Not too many bugs. The second and third beta
releases however are a different story. With these last two updates, my
internet speed with JFW 15 becomes painfully slow. Also, when switching from
email inbox to email inbox (imap) in Outlook 2010, my Outlook will hang and
more often than not crash outright.
The internet speed thing threw me for a few days since at first I thought my
system was infected with something. I tried everything from resetting
network this and that, changing this and that setting. And finally system
restore. The system restore did the trick since it was before I did the 15
update and after that is when I notice that with JFW 14, my download speeds
were as they always were (anywhere between 120 kb to 800 kb) and after
crashing. I can unload and load these two different versions and reproduce
this behavior every time.
These are two quite significant issues to the point where I don't even
bother running JFW 15 anymore. I have no clue if others may in fact be
experiencing these issues. I have submitted bug reports with all my contact
information should the testing department wish to contact me, but as of now,
that hasn't been the case. I kind of hope that others are dealing with these
problems so that maybe they'll get addressed before the final roll out. As
nothing really changed from the second beta cycle to the third, I'm not so
sure. This would of course be a major bummer....
It's frustrating since everything else seems to work well including the new
voices, but those two problems make it incredibly hard to nearly impracticle
to work with JFW 15 on my system anyway.