New windows 8 laptop and Jaws

Shane clark

Hello all,
My wife and I just bought a Windows 8 HP laptop, and I was wondering how accessible Jaws 11 was with Windows 8? I've kinda been away from the Windows and Jaws for awhile, only using them here lately on occasion.
A friend and I were thinking about upgrading to Jaws 14 or 15, I think I heard it was coming out soon?
Any assistance on all of this would greatly be appreciated.
Thanks, Shane. Sent from my iPhone

Nermin

Hi Shane,

Windows 8 will not work with anything less than JAWS 14.0.
Windows 8.1, which will be released soon and is a free upgrade, should work with JAWS 15.0.
JAWS 15.0 contains many new features for Windows 8 users.

Regards,
Nermin

John Chan <aznboyz4sho@...>

Jaws does not work well with win 8,but j15 is comming soon

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 6, 2013, at 5:42 PM, Shane clark <hshaneclark@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello all,
My wife and I just bought a Windows 8 HP laptop, and I was wondering how accessible Jaws 11 was with Windows 8? I've kinda been away from the Windows and Jaws for awhile, only using them here lately on occasion.
A friend and I were thinking about upgrading to Jaws 14 or 15, I think I heard it was coming out soon?
Any assistance on all of this would greatly be appreciated.
Thanks, Shane. Sent from my iPhone

Louise Johnson <herclouise@...>

Hi I use windows eight with jaws 14 and find it okay. I did not use it with
any other jaws so I can't say if it would work. If you have word office 13
do not use jaws 11 it won't work. From Louise and hawk

My wife and I just bought a Windows 8 HP laptop, and I was wondering how
accessible Jaws 11 was with Windows 8? I've kinda been away from the Windows
and Jaws for awhile, only using them here lately on occasion.
A friend and I were thinking about upgrading to Jaws 14 or 15, I think I
heard it was coming out soon?
Any assistance on all of this would greatly be appreciated.
Thanks, Shane. Sent from my iPhone

Lauren

Hi,

I find I can do what I absolutely need to do though it can be more
challenging than it should be. I use Jaws 14 & Windows 8. I'm sorry I didn't
spend the extra money for an Apple because soon I'll have to put out for
Jaws 15 and so on.

Good luck, but you will first need to go up to Jaws 14 or wait till Jaws 15
is out so you don't have to pay that extra upgrade fee.

It's the last PC laptop I buy.

Sincerely,

Lauren

My wife and I just bought a Windows 8 HP laptop, and I was wondering how
accessible Jaws 11 was with Windows 8? I've kinda been away from the Windows
and Jaws for awhile, only using them here lately on occasion.
A friend and I were thinking about upgrading to Jaws 14 or 15, I think I
heard it was coming out soon?
Any assistance on all of this would greatly be appreciated.
Thanks, Shane. Sent from my iPhone

John Chan <aznboyz4sho@...>

Invest in a mac, it's less expensive and free ugrades

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 6, 2013, at 10:25 PM, "Lauren" <lotusrising@verizon.net> wrote:

[...]

It sux that you pay all this money and they keep releasing a newer version every year

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 6, 2013, at 5:45 PM, "Nermin" <voy44@yahoo.de> wrote:

Hi Shane,

Windows 8 will not work with anything less than JAWS 14.0.
Windows 8.1, which will be released soon and is a free upgrade, should work with JAWS 15.0.
JAWS 15.0 contains many new features for Windows 8 users.

Regards,
Nermin

emma goodwin <emma.sleeptalk@...>

I agree, a mac is a very good investment and I am also saving up to
purchase one hopefully by next year sometime. I can understand your
frustrations Lauren and I'm also considering keeping my Jaws licence
and just using whatever I last have like Jaws 15 on my mac with VMware
fusion but not upgrade anymore. Its ridiculous that Freedom expects us
to give out so much money each time and there are some wonderful
features but its a pity that you have to break the bank to afford it.
I agree though that it also is a possibility to buy a mac and then to
put NVDA on it or as I said to keep your current Jaws licence but not
upgrade. The only problem is that if you on Jaws 11 or 12, you are
going to pay a heck of a lot to get to Jaws 15 and they just want
their money, they are unfeeling when it comes to money and you will
have to cough it up or sorry so its always better to keep up with the
Jaws upgrades for that reason but I also feel I want to get a mac and
stuff Jaws and pc's.

On 10/7/13, John Chan <aznboyz4sho@yahoo.com> wrote:
It sux that you pay all this money and they keep releasing a newer version
every year

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 6, 2013, at 5:45 PM, "Nermin" <voy44@yahoo.de> wrote:

Hi Shane,

Windows 8 will not work with anything less than JAWS 14.0.
Windows 8.1, which will be released soon and is a free upgrade, should
work with JAWS 15.0.
JAWS 15.0 contains many new features for Windows 8 users.

Regards,
Nermin

Shane clark

Hi all,
I meant to say that the laptop was a Toshiba not an HP... Anyway, should I wait for Jaws 15, or get Jaws 14? And either way, will there be a free upgrade, or will I have to pay, and if so, how much?

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 6, 2013, at 11:25 PM, "Lauren" <lotusrising@verizon.net> wrote:

[...]

david Jennette

I can't say for sure. I'd call Freedom Scientific and ask if I were you.
I'd think sense it's so close to the next release you'd be automatically
upgraded but I could be entirely wrong so it's best to ask. As for access to
windows 8, the desktop environment works just fine. The new interface still
needs some work although that's not just with Jaws from what I understand.
It's in the mainstream as well. It's going to take time to get what's
essentially a new platform up to the standards of what we're used to.

My wife and I just bought a Windows 8 HP laptop, and I was wondering
how accessible Jaws 11 was with Windows 8? I've kinda been away from
the Windows and Jaws for awhile, only using them here lately on occasion.
A friend and I were thinking about upgrading to Jaws 14 or 15, I think
I heard it was coming out soon?
Any assistance on all of this would greatly be appreciated.
Thanks, Shane. Sent from my iPhone

Feliciano G

I believe you can get a free upgrade if the new upgrade comes out 60 days before the date of purchase

Sent from my iPhone
www.facebook.com/groups/vitechtalkandmore

On Oct 7, 2013, at 5:33 AM, Shane clark <hshaneclark@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Hi I use windows eight and Jaws 14 and bbeen told to wait for 15 to help
with some of the little things that I find I cannot do. Now I do use
outlook word 13 and with some of the changes in it there needs jaws 15 and I
have heard that some of the problems have been fixed but I will have to wait
and see. I went from xp to windows eight and I did have a learning kerv.
From Louise and Hawk

My wife and I just bought a Windows 8 HP laptop, and I was wondering
how accessible Jaws 11 was with Windows 8? I've kinda been away from
the Windows and Jaws for awhile, only using them here lately on occasion.
A friend and I were thinking about upgrading to Jaws 14 or 15, I think
I heard it was coming out soon?
Any assistance on all of this would greatly be appreciated.
Thanks, Shane. Sent from my iPhone

Charles Coe

You can try JAWS version 15 in beta mode to see if it will correct the
problems you are having.

Charles

My wife and I just bought a Windows 8 HP laptop, and I was wondering
how accessible Jaws 11 was with Windows 8? I've kinda been away from
the Windows and Jaws for awhile, only using them here lately on occasion.
A friend and I were thinking about upgrading to Jaws 14 or 15, I think
I heard it was coming out soon?
Any assistance on all of this would greatly be appreciated.
Thanks, Shane. Sent from my iPhone

Shane clark

Hi, any word on when 15 is coming out?

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 7, 2013, at 2:33 PM, "Louise Johnson" <herclouise@shaw.ca> wrote:

Hi I use windows eight and Jaws 14 and bbeen told to wait for 15 to help
with some of the little things that I find I cannot do. Now I do use
outlook word 13 and with some of the changes in it there needs jaws 15 and I
have heard that some of the problems have been fixed but I will have to wait
and see. I went from xp to windows eight and I did have a learning kerv.
From Louise and Hawk

My wife and I just bought a Windows 8 HP laptop, and I was wondering
how accessible Jaws 11 was with Windows 8? I've kinda been away from
the Windows and Jaws for awhile, only using them here lately on occasion.
A friend and I were thinking about upgrading to Jaws 14 or 15, I think
I heard it was coming out soon?
Any assistance on all of this would greatly be appreciated.
Thanks, Shane. Sent from my iPhone

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

I think at the end of oct...?

My wife and I just bought a Windows 8 HP laptop, and I was wondering
how accessible Jaws 11 was with Windows 8? I've kinda been away from
the Windows and Jaws for awhile, only using them here lately on occasion.
A friend and I were thinking about upgrading to Jaws 14 or 15, I
think I heard it was coming out soon?
Any assistance on all of this would greatly be appreciated.
Thanks, Shane. Sent from my iPhone

Louise Johnson <herclouise@...>

Hi there I understand jaws 15 is going under beta testing there is people
testing as we speak. I heard later this fall it would be out check there
web site and see if there is a release date. I will be doing that myself
soon. From Louise and Hawk that