FS support

Cy Selfridge

As everyone knows, I have been an often critic of FS and their customer
support.

I am pleased to report that FS has stetted up to the bat with an issue I
experienced with Magic.

It would crap out on my second laptop and Customer support tried to fix it
with no success.

The problem was escalated up the ladder and today I got a call (another one)
and we downloaded the fix.

This will be part of an update probably next week in case anyone else has an
HP laptop that is cranky. (LOLLOLLOL)

Cy

Crystal French

Cy,
it’s always nice to see when something actually does get fixed.

FS tech support finally suggested I call them about the SMA count now showing correctly.

Today, I decided to do that, but first went to check on it in Jaws.

Son of a gun, it was showing the correct count.

Not sure what happened, but, at least, something went right today.

Crystal

As everyone knows, I have been an often critic of FS and their customer
support.

I am pleased to report that FS has stetted up to the bat with an issue I
experienced with Magic.

It would crap out on my second laptop and Customer support tried to fix it
with no success.

The problem was escalated up the ladder and today I got a call (another one)
and we downloaded the fix.

This will be part of an update probably next week in case anyone else has an
HP laptop that is cranky. (LOLLOLLOL)

Cy

Tom Behler

Cy:

This is indeed encouraging.

Please let us know when the proposed update comes out. I have a Dell laptop at work that simply doesn't work as well as it should with Windows 7 and Jaws 14, so I am looking for any updates to hopefully make it perform better.

Dr. Tom Behler from Michigan

As everyone knows, I have been an often critic of FS and their customer
support.

I am pleased to report that FS has stetted up to the bat with an issue I
experienced with Magic.

It would crap out on my second laptop and Customer support tried to fix it
with no success.

The problem was escalated up the ladder and today I got a call (another one)
and we downloaded the fix.

This will be part of an update probably next week in case anyone else has an
HP laptop that is cranky. (LOLLOLLOL)

Cy

Cy Selfridge

Tom,
The update I spoke of is for *Magic* only.
No news on more recent JAWS updates but I did hear that the second Beta
Release of JAWS 15 will be out in a couple of weeks.
Cy

As everyone knows, I have been an often critic of FS and their customer
support.

I am pleased to report that FS has stetted up to the bat with an issue I
experienced with Magic.

It would crap out on my second laptop and Customer support tried to fix it
with no success.

The problem was escalated up the ladder and today I got a call (another
one)
and we downloaded the fix.

This will be part of an update probably next week in case anyone else has
an
HP laptop that is cranky. (LOLLOLLOL)

Cy

Tom Behler

Thanks for the clarification, Cy.

Unfortunately, my University has yet to renew my SMA, which goes up through Jaws 14, so I may be stuck with Jaws 14, at least for the time being.

Will certainly not hesitate to ask them to renew the SMA if Jaws 15 looks to have some promising enhancements that will make it worth our while.

Dr. Tom Behler from Michigan

As everyone knows, I have been an often critic of FS and their customer
support.

I am pleased to report that FS has stetted up to the bat with an issue I
experienced with Magic.

It would crap out on my second laptop and Customer support tried to fix it
with no success.

The problem was escalated up the ladder and today I got a call (another
one)
and we downloaded the fix.

This will be part of an update probably next week in case anyone else has
an
HP laptop that is cranky. (LOLLOLLOL)

Cy

Cy Selfridge

Tom, I forget, are you on W7 or W8?
JAWS 15 has some things for W8.
Cy

As everyone knows, I have been an often critic of FS and their customer
support.

I am pleased to report that FS has stetted up to the bat with an issue I
experienced with Magic.

It would crap out on my second laptop and Customer support tried to fix
it
with no success.

The problem was escalated up the ladder and today I got a call (another
one)
and we downloaded the fix.

This will be part of an update probably next week in case anyone else has
an
HP laptop that is cranky. (LOLLOLLOL)

Cy

Tom Behler

Cy:

Well, here at home, I'm still on Windows XP, but at work, both my desktop and laptop are on Windows 7.

So, maybe Jaws 15 won't have that much to offer, in my particular situation, at least for now. This is why I've been reluctant to push the University to Spring for my SMA renewal, since they don't seem to be inclined to move to Windows 8 any time soon.

Dr. Tom Behler from Michigan

As everyone knows, I have been an often critic of FS and their customer
support.

I am pleased to report that FS has stetted up to the bat with an issue I
experienced with Magic.

It would crap out on my second laptop and Customer support tried to fix
it
with no success.

The problem was escalated up the ladder and today I got a call (another
one)
and we downloaded the fix.

This will be part of an update probably next week in case anyone else has
an
HP laptop that is cranky. (LOLLOLLOL)

Cy

Cy Selfridge

From what I understand the majority of "new" hings are for W8.
So far JAWS 14 works for me. I do see a couple of "oddities" but the are not
bad considering what FS has put out before.
Cy

As everyone knows, I have been an often critic of FS and their customer
support.

I am pleased to report that FS has stetted up to the bat with an issue I
experienced with Magic.

It would crap out on my second laptop and Customer support tried to fix
it
with no success.

The problem was escalated up the ladder and today I got a call (another
one)
and we downloaded the fix.

This will be part of an update probably next week in case anyone else
has
an
HP laptop that is cranky. (LOLLOLLOL)

Cy

Brent Harding

I wish they could ever fix the random appearance of demo mode in Jaws. The only machine I have that does that is a Dell running Windows 7 64 bit.

As everyone knows, I have been an often critic of FS and their customer
support.

I am pleased to report that FS has stetted up to the bat with an issue I
experienced with Magic.

It would crap out on my second laptop and Customer support tried to fix it
with no success.

The problem was escalated up the ladder and today I got a call (another
one)
and we downloaded the fix.

This will be part of an update probably next week in case anyone else has
an
HP laptop that is cranky. (LOLLOLLOL)

Cy

Dave Durber

Tom:

In the mean-time, before the university renews your SMA, when it is publically available, you can download JAWS 15 and try it out in 40 minute mode, to see if the new version contains fixes, which solve the problems you are having.

Good luck.

Sincerely:

Dave durber

[...]

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

I agree, Cy. I can think of worst things than being stuck on 14 for a while. Truthfully, both 13 and 14 have been great for me, but I realize that's a subjective judgment. The only thing about 14 that irks me s its inability to read secure messages. I just strip the security, and go on.

Ted

[...]

scrubbed...

Tom Behler

Dave:

I actually thought of doing that, and may follow through if I get the time here.

Appreciate the suggestion.

Dr. Tom Behler from Michigan

[...]

My university experience dates back to a time when networks were far less common, but better try it out at home. Your administrator may not be so crazy about the idea of running a beta on a networked machine.