OT: Windows 7 lists?

Loreal Lavigna <Llavigna2@...>

Does anyone know of any windows 7 lists for the blind at all? I'm learning as I go and not doing too badly with it, but could always use some tips/tricks whenever and wherever I can find them. Thanks in advance!

Loreal Lavigna
Medical Transcriptionist at Acusis, LLC.
Sunday - Thursday 12:00a.m. - 4:00 a.m.
Phone: (518)330-5188
Email: Loreal.Lavigna@acusis.com

Kimber Gardner

I'd be interested in such a list too as the learning is going slow for
me. It seems to take three times as long to do simple tasks as it did
under xp. but there's no going back so ...

On 9/2/13, Loreal Lavigna <Llavigna2@aol.com> wrote:
Does anyone know of any windows 7 lists for the blind at all? I'm learning
as I go and not doing too badly with it, but could always use some
tips/tricks whenever and wherever I can find them. Thanks in advance!

Loreal Lavigna
Medical Transcriptionist at Acusis, LLC.
Sunday - Thursday 12:00a.m. - 4:00 a.m.
Phone: (518)330-5188
Email: Loreal.Lavigna@acusis.com

Kimberly

MJ Williams <matthewjwilliams101@...>

"It seems to take three times as long ..."
Oh Joy! Is that what we have to look forward to when we finally say fairwell to xP? <smile>

At 16:01 02/09/2013, you wrote:
I'd be interested in such a list too as the learning is going slow for
me. It seems to take three times as long to do simple tasks as it did
under xp. but there's no going back so ...

On 9/2/13, Loreal Lavigna <Llavigna2@aol.com> wrote:
Does anyone know of any windows 7 lists for the blind at all? I'm learning
as I go and not doing too badly with it, but could always use some
tips/tricks whenever and wherever I can find them. Thanks in advance!

Loreal Lavigna
Medical Transcriptionist at Acusis, LLC.
Sunday - Thursday 12:00a.m. - 4:00 a.m.
Phone: (518)330-5188
Email: Loreal.Lavigna@acusis.com

Kimberly

Cy Selfridge

Actually W7 is not all that bad, just a bit different.
It does do some things which are really neat such as automatically loading
the drivers for whatever you plug into your computer.
Most of the hot keys from XP still work fine.
Cy

At 16:01 02/09/2013, you wrote:
I'd be interested in such a list too as the learning is going slow for
me. It seems to take three times as long to do simple tasks as it did
under xp. but there's no going back so ...

On 9/2/13, Loreal Lavigna <Llavigna2@aol.com> wrote:
Does anyone know of any windows 7 lists for the blind at all? I'm
learning as I go and not doing too badly with it, but could always
use some tips/tricks whenever and wherever I can find them. Thanks in
advance!

Loreal Lavigna
Medical Transcriptionist at Acusis, LLC.
Sunday - Thursday 12:00a.m. - 4:00 a.m.
Phone: (518)330-5188
Email: Loreal.Lavigna@acusis.com

Kimberly

judith bron

The new windows does take longer. All the shortcuts we had in XP like
instant access to documents is gone. The tool bar doesn't exist through alt
t. I'm still trying to figure out where it is. Oh well, they call it
progress. Judith

At 16:01 02/09/2013, you wrote:
I'd be interested in such a list too as the learning is going slow for
me. It seems to take three times as long to do simple tasks as it did
under xp. but there's no going back so ...

On 9/2/13, Loreal Lavigna <Llavigna2@aol.com> wrote:
Does anyone know of any windows 7 lists for the blind at all? I'm
learning as I go and not doing too badly with it, but could always
use some tips/tricks whenever and wherever I can find them. Thanks in
advance!

Loreal Lavigna
Medical Transcriptionist at Acusis, LLC.
Sunday - Thursday 12:00a.m. - 4:00 a.m.
Phone: (518)330-5188
Email: Loreal.Lavigna@acusis.com

Kimberly

Loreal Lavigna <Llavigna2@...>

OK well here's a good example of something I'm a little stuck on. I'm
trying to find the normal template for ms word 2010 to edit it. I'm using a
32-bit version of office on my 64-bit windows machine.

At 16:01 02/09/2013, you wrote:
I'd be interested in such a list too as the learning is going slow for
me. It seems to take three times as long to do simple tasks as it did
under xp. but there's no going back so ...

On 9/2/13, Loreal Lavigna <Llavigna2@aol.com> wrote:
Does anyone know of any windows 7 lists for the blind at all? I'm
learning as I go and not doing too badly with it, but could always
use some tips/tricks whenever and wherever I can find them. Thanks in
advance!

Loreal Lavigna
Medical Transcriptionist at Acusis, LLC.
Sunday - Thursday 12:00a.m. - 4:00 a.m.
Phone: (518)330-5188
Email: Loreal.Lavigna@acusis.com

Kimberly

Karen Reynolds <reynolds-karen@...>

Me too.
Karen

I'd be interested in such a list too as the learning is going slow for me.
It seems to take three times as long to do simple tasks as it did under xp.
but there's no going back so ...

On 9/2/13, Loreal Lavigna <Llavigna2@aol.com> wrote:
Does anyone know of any windows 7 lists for the blind at all? I'm
learning as I go and not doing too badly with it, but could always use
some tips/tricks whenever and wherever I can find them. Thanks in advance!

Loreal Lavigna
Medical Transcriptionist at Acusis, LLC.
Sunday - Thursday 12:00a.m. - 4:00 a.m.
Phone: (518)330-5188
Email: Loreal.Lavigna@acusis.com

Kimberly

Gerald Levy

You can join the Blind Windows list which is dedicated to the discussion of issues related to all versions of the Windows operating system, particularly Windows 7 and 8. To subscribe, send a blank email to the following address and reply to the email confirmation:

blindwindows-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

Gerald

I'd be interested in such a list too as the learning is going slow for me.
It seems to take three times as long to do simple tasks as it did under xp.
but there's no going back so ...

On 9/2/13, Loreal Lavigna <Llavigna2@aol.com> wrote:
Does anyone know of any windows 7 lists for the blind at all? I'm
learning as I go and not doing too badly with it, but could always use
some tips/tricks whenever and wherever I can find them. Thanks in advance!

Loreal Lavigna
Medical Transcriptionist at Acusis, LLC.
Sunday - Thursday 12:00a.m. - 4:00 a.m.
Phone: (518)330-5188
Email: Loreal.Lavigna@acusis.com

Kimberly

Dave...

Cy, I agree with you. W7 is a good Op Sys and even though my studio computer
still has XP, I have no problems at all with W7 once I spent time learning
how it's different from XP.

David G. Carlson
Marketing / Sales Engineer
RF Timing and Synchronization
dgcarlson@sbcglobal.net

At 16:01 02/09/2013, you wrote:
I'd be interested in such a list too as the learning is going slow for
me. It seems to take three times as long to do simple tasks as it did
under xp. but there's no going back so ...

On 9/2/13, Loreal Lavigna <Llavigna2@aol.com> wrote:
Does anyone know of any windows 7 lists for the blind at all? I'm
learning as I go and not doing too badly with it, but could always
use some tips/tricks whenever and wherever I can find them. Thanks in
advance!

Loreal Lavigna
Medical Transcriptionist at Acusis, LLC.
Sunday - Thursday 12:00a.m. - 4:00 a.m.
Phone: (518)330-5188
Email: Loreal.Lavigna@acusis.com

Kimberly

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Loreal,

Below is the file path for the Word 2010 normal template:

C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates

HTH
Take care.
Mike
This email was sent from my, iGasSucking460Powered1969Mach1!

At 16:01 02/09/2013, you wrote:
I'd be interested in such a list too as the learning is going slow for
me. It seems to take three times as long to do simple tasks as it did
under xp. but there's no going back so ...

On 9/2/13, Loreal Lavigna <Llavigna2@aol.com> wrote:
Does anyone know of any windows 7 lists for the blind at all? I'm
learning as I go and not doing too badly with it, but could always
use some tips/tricks whenever and wherever I can find them. Thanks in
advance!

Loreal Lavigna
Medical Transcriptionist at Acusis, LLC.
Sunday - Thursday 12:00a.m. - 4:00 a.m.
Phone: (518)330-5188
Email: Loreal.Lavigna@acusis.com

Kimberly

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi All,

Below is another list for Windows7 users:

blindwindows7-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

I am not a member of this list as of yet so, I don't how much traffic it
generates. HTH

[...]

Hi Again All,

Please disregard my last post. That email subscription link is not any
good. I should have checked it first but, I trusted the source I received
it from. Sorry for any inconveniences I may have caused.
[...]

This list is no longer functioning,as far as I know.

Gerald

[...]

Phone: (518)330-5188This did help, thank you very much!

At 16:01 02/09/2013, you wrote:
I'd be interested in such a list too as the learning is going slow for
me. It seems to take three times as long to do simple tasks as it did
under xp. but there's no going back so ...

On 9/2/13, Loreal Lavigna <Llavigna2@aol.com> wrote:
Does anyone know of any windows 7 lists for the blind at all? I'm
learning as I go and not doing too badly with it, but could always
use some tips/tricks whenever and wherever I can find them. Thanks in
advance!

Loreal Lavigna
Medical Transcriptionist at Acusis, LLC.
Sunday - Thursday 12:00a.m. - 4:00 a.m.
Phone: (518)330-5188
Email: Loreal.Lavigna@acusis.com

Kimberly

douglas richard dexheimer

Blank reply?

Douglas Richard Dexheimer
Chief of Braille Productions
Born-Again Productions
The Friedman Place, Apt.308
5527 N. Maplewood Ave.
Chicago, IL 60625
home phone 773-901-7306
cell 913-244-0612
drichardd@earthlink.net

At 16:01 02/09/2013, you wrote:
I'd be interested in such a list too as the learning is going slow for
me. It seems to take three times as long to do simple tasks as it did
under xp. but there's no going back so ...

On 9/2/13, Loreal Lavigna <Llavigna2@aol.com> wrote:
Does anyone know of any windows 7 lists for the blind at all? I'm
learning as I go and not doing too badly with it, but could always
use some tips/tricks whenever and wherever I can find them. Thanks in
advance!

Loreal Lavigna
Medical Transcriptionist at Acusis, LLC.
Sunday - Thursday 12:00a.m. - 4:00 a.m.
Phone: (518)330-5188
Email: Loreal.Lavigna@acusis.com

Kimberly

Dave...

Doug,

No, there was a signature block, and a lot of other stuff there.

At 16:01 02/09/2013, you wrote:
I'd be interested in such a list too as the learning is going slow for
me. It seems to take three times as long to do simple tasks as it did
under xp. but there's no going back so ...

On 9/2/13, Loreal Lavigna <Llavigna2@aol.com> wrote:
Does anyone know of any windows 7 lists for the blind at all? I'm
learning as I go and not doing too badly with it, but could always
use some tips/tricks whenever and wherever I can find them. Thanks in
advance!

Loreal Lavigna
Medical Transcriptionist at Acusis, LLC.
Sunday - Thursday 12:00a.m. - 4:00 a.m.
Phone: (518)330-5188
Email: Loreal.Lavigna@acusis.com

Kimberly

douglas richard dexheimer

I looked further down and saw something about thanking for help; sorry for my quick response.

At 16:01 02/09/2013, you wrote:
I'd be interested in such a list too as the learning is going slow for
me. It seems to take three times as long to do simple tasks as it did
under xp. but there's no going back so ...

On 9/2/13, Loreal Lavigna <Llavigna2@aol.com> wrote:
Does anyone know of any windows 7 lists for the blind at all? I'm
learning as I go and not doing too badly with it, but could always
use some tips/tricks whenever and wherever I can find them. Thanks in
advance!

Loreal Lavigna
Medical Transcriptionist at Acusis, LLC.
Sunday - Thursday 12:00a.m. - 4:00 a.m.
Phone: (518)330-5188
Email: Loreal.Lavigna@acusis.com

Kimberly

Karen Reynolds <reynolds-karen@...>

Hi Mike,
It's the same as the one Gerald posted only without the number 7 in the name
of the list.

Karen