locating checked check boxes

Artur Räpp

Hi,

I wrote a script to locate a checked checkbox on a webpage. The script searches next 200 checkboxes. If script can’t find any, the script stops.

Hopefully you can use it.

Script FindCheckedCheckbox ()

var

int maxCounter,

int counter,

int curPercentage,

int speechIsOff,

int CheckedCheckboxes

let CheckedCheckboxes = 1 ; what to search checked or not checked checkboxes

let counter = 0

let maxCounter = 200

let speechIsOff = IsSpeechOff ()

let curPercentage = GetDocumentPercentage ()

if (speechIsOff == 0) then

SpeechOff ()

endIf

MoveToNextCheckbox ()

delay(1)

while

(counter < maxCounter

&& ControlIsChecked () != CheckedCheckboxes

&& curPercentage <= GetDocumentPercentage ()

)

let counter = counter + 1

let curPercentage = GetDocumentPercentage ()

MoveToNextCheckbox ()

delay (1)

endWhile

if (speechIsOff == 0) then

SpeechOn ()

endIf

delay(1)

SayObjectTypeAndText ()

EndScript

Artur

Sent from Windows 8

Saatja: Philip Hall
Saadetud: ‎pühapäev‎, ‎25‎. ‎august‎ ‎2013 ‎5‎:‎14
Adressaat: The Jaws for Windows support list.

Hi.

At work, we use a web site that contains a table with at the moment, about
980 check boxes.

The table keeps growing.

Each check box is for a different client.

Each instructor checks the client he/she works with.

I need a way to quickly locate which boxes are currently checked for me.

It is to say the least very time consuming to keep pressing x until I reach
a box that is checked.

Does anyone know of a way to locate which box is checked? I cannot think of
any command to do it.

Perhaps some sort of script?

Thanks

Phil

Philip Hall <p.hall.eml1@...>

Hi.
Thank you so very much for this script.
It will make our jobs less time consuming and so much easier.

It is really appreciated.

Phil

[...]

Mario

hi Artur, this script would come in handy for me also, but when I compile
it, I get an error that states wrong syntax in while statement. when I press
ESC, I am left on the while line. if I press control+i, I don't find any
while choice to choose from. I am using JAWS 14.0.6005 on Windows XP. what's
wrong?