moderated can't get a program to install

Jed Barton <jedbarton@...>

Hey guys,

OK, i can't get a program to install. I'm using win 10, and jfw 2018.
So i'm going through the installation screen, and when it comes to the
folder where i wanna put the program, i'm excepting the default, this
is the error i get.

couldn't create directory dialog
could not create the target directory, access is denied
be sure it doesn't contain an invalid character

Never seen this before. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jed

What is the path and the folder name it wants to create?

OK, i can't get a program to install. I'm using win 10, and jfw 2018.
So i'm going through the installation screen, and when it comes to the folder where i wanna put the program, i'm excepting the default, this is the error i get.

couldn't create directory dialog
could not create the target directory, access is denied be sure it doesn't contain an invalid character

Never seen this before. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jed

Jed Barton <jedbarton@...>

c:\program files x 86, and then the directory.
For some reason it keeps saying make sure there are no characters such
as \ / etc. That sounds strange

What is the path and the folder name it wants to create?

OK, i can't get a program to install. I'm using win 10, and jfw 2018.
So i'm going through the installation screen, and when it comes to the
folder where i wanna put the program, i'm excepting the default, this is the
error i get.

couldn't create directory dialog
could not create the target directory, access is denied be sure it doesn't
contain an invalid character

Never seen this before. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jed

Richard Turner

Jed,
I assume you have gone through it character by character. The only time I've had this happen is when an illegal character was actually there, but I didn't hear it until I went through each character.
Otherwise, you may have one of those strange permissions issues that Microsoft seems to be plagued with.
Richard

On 6/3/18, Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...> wrote:
What is the path and the folder name it wants to create?

OK, i can't get a program to install.  I'm using win 10, and jfw 2018.
So i'm going through the installation screen, and when it comes to the
folder where i wanna put the program, i'm excepting the default, this is the
error i get.

couldn't create directory dialog
could not create the target directory, access is denied be sure it doesn't
contain an invalid character

Never seen this before.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jed

Jed Barton <jedbarton@...>

OK, so another error pops up and it keeps telling me it can't find the
path specified. I'm excepting the default of where it wants to
install the program.
It wans to go in program files (x86) and then a directory off that.
This makes absolutely no sense. The program i am trying to install is
mp3 direct cut. Any ideas what i should do here?

On 6/3/18, Richard Turner <richardturner42@outlook.com> wrote:
Jed,
I assume you have gone through it character by character. The only time I've
had this happen is when an illegal character was actually there, but I
didn't hear it until I went through each character.
Otherwise, you may have one of those strange permissions issues that
Microsoft seems to be plagued with.
Richard

“The secret is not to make your music louder, but to make the world
quieter.”

On 6/3/18, Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@live.ca<mailto:sieghard@live.ca>>
wrote:
What is the path and the folder name it wants to create?

OK, i can't get a program to install. I'm using win 10, and jfw 2018.
So i'm going through the installation screen, and when it comes to the
folder where i wanna put the program, i'm excepting the default, this is
the
error i get.

couldn't create directory dialog
could not create the target directory, access is denied be sure it doesn't
contain an invalid character

Never seen this before. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jed

Chris

Check that you haven’t got folder access control set to ON

In windows defender security centre

That will prevent apps being installed

On 6/3/18, Richard Turner <richardturner42@...> wrote:

> Jed,

> I assume you have gone through it character by character. The only time I've

> had this happen is when an illegal character was actually there, but I

> didn't hear it until I went through each character.

> Otherwise, you may have one of those strange permissions issues that

> Microsoft seems to be plagued with.

> Richard

> “The secret is not to make your music louder, but to make the world

> quieter.”

> - Mitch Albom from The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto, page 1

> On Jun 3, 2018, at 8:27 AM, Jed Barton

> <jedbarton@...<mailto:jedbarton@...>> wrote:

> c:\program files x 86, and then the directory.

> For some reason it keeps saying make sure there are no characters such

> as \ / etc.  That sounds strange

> On 6/3/18, Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...<mailto:sieghard@...>>

> wrote:

> What is the path and the folder name it wants to create?

Jed Barton <jedbarton@...>

Hey there. Problem fixed. Turns out there was a dash that was hiding
in there, all set now though, sweeeet.