From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Mike Mote
Sent: Sunday, July 7, 2013 7:31 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support mailing list
Subject: My computer is not authorized anymore, why?

Hello list. A very frustrating thing has happened to me. I was trying to
use JAWS on my laptop this evening, and got a message that I needed to
activate JAWS. Keep in mind this computer has been working just fine, and I
haven't had any issues with JAWS on it, since I've had it. I tried to
update the authorization, and I got an error message saying I needed to
request more authorizations. Why is this happening, especially considering
the computer has worked all this time? Help!

Michael Mote

I've tried that also, and still the message appears. Plan to talk with FS support this morning. Hopefully I'll get somewhere then.

I have had that issue numerous times occur and I simply just reboot a couple
of times and the message goes away.

Kimsan

kimsansong@aol.com

Hello list. A very frustrating thing has happened to me. I was trying to
use JAWS on my laptop this evening, and got a message that I needed to
activate JAWS. Keep in mind this computer has been working just fine, and I
haven't had any issues with JAWS on it, since I've had it. I tried to
update the authorization, and I got an error message saying I needed to
request more authorizations. Why is this happening, especially considering
the computer has worked all this time? Help!

Cy Selfridge

As has already been said I have had this problem from time to time and I
just re-boot. It usually goes away.
Some sort of bug but if you have changed any perphicals that could also be
the problem.
Cy

Hello list. A very frustrating thing has happened to me. I was trying to
use JAWS on my laptop this evening, and got a message that I needed to
activate JAWS. Keep in mind this computer has been working just fine, and I
haven't had any issues with JAWS on it, since I've had it. I tried to
update the authorization, and I got an error message saying I needed to
request more authorizations. Why is this happening, especially considering
the computer has worked all this time? Help!

Marla Bernbaum

I had this happen after an AVAST antivirus update. I had to reset my computer to a date before the update, and then the authorization for Jaws reappeared I switched to a different antivirus program and the problem has not recurred.

Marla