Locating the folder where an MS word document is stored

Artur Räpp

Hi,

Sometime I open Save as dialog (f12 in MS word) and tab to Save in field to see where that file is saved.

In Windows 8 i can press Application on the file and there is option “open file location”. Maybe there is something similar in your Windows too.

HTH

Artur

Sent from Windows 8

Saatja: Adrian Spratt
Saadetud: ‎kolmapäev‎, ‎3‎. ‎juuli‎ ‎2013 ‎21‎:‎49
Adressaat: 'The Jaws for Windows support list.'

I organize my Word files into many folders. Today I couldn't recall where I'd stored a particular file, so I searched for it with the Win7 start field. It came up, and I was able to open it. However, I couldn't determine its location, at the start menu or during Word's process of saving it.

Any suggestions?

Adrian Spratt

Thanks. Unfortunately, F12 does not give me the folder info. And I'm unaware of a similar button in Win7 to the one you have in Win8.

I wonder if there's a JAWS or other setting that would enable F12 (save as" to provide folder info. I have set this setting in Windows Explorer.

Sometime I open Save as dialog (f12 in MS word) and tab to Save in field to see where that file is saved.

In Windows 8 i can press Application on the file and there is option “open file location”. Maybe there is something similar in your Windows too.

HTH

Artur

Sent from Windows 8

Saatja: Adrian Spratt
Saadetud: ‎kolmapäev‎, ‎3‎. ‎juuli‎ ‎2013 ‎21‎:‎49
Adressaat: 'The Jaws for Windows support list.'

I organize my Word files into many folders. Today I couldn't recall where I'd stored a particular file, so I searched for it with the Win7 start field. It came up, and I was able to open it. However, I couldn't determine its location, at the start menu or during Word's process of saving it.

Any suggestions?

Adrian Spratt

Artur,

I didn't read your message carefully enough. On re-reading, I see you do provide the solution, which is to press F12, then tab to the field with the name of the folder. Thanks. (I’m kicking myself for not figuring out the solution for myself.)