Help Needed,problems with Microsoft Word 2007 and Jaws 11.0

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi All,

An acquaintance is having the following problem. Can anyone help?
Good morning I seem to be having some difficulty with Microsoft Word 2007.
Not able to read anything I type in the document, internet, or my email. I'm
using Jaws 11.0 and Windows Vista.
I've even maximized the window with no success, even performed a repair.
What am I doing wrong, and could someone help me solve the problem?
It would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
GM

Dave...

Too vague, and definitely not restricted to MS-Word. Suggest a reboot or a
re-install of JAWS.

Dave Carlson

An acquaintance is having the following problem. Can anyone help?
Good morning I seem to be having some difficulty with Microsoft Word 2007.
Not able to read anything I type in the document, internet, or my email. I'm
using Jaws 11.0 and Windows Vista.
I've even maximized the window with no success, even performed a repair.
What am I doing wrong, and could someone help me solve the problem?
It would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
GM

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

Did it work once upon a time, and then stop, or was it that way from the beginning. I seem to recall some recalcitrance too. In fact, I think we can say that 11 and 12 had some office issues, especially with older OS's.

Ted

Too vague, and definitely not restricted to MS-Word. Suggest a reboot or a re-install of JAWS.

Dave Carlson
Tastefully composed and launched near the Pacific Ocean using a Dell Latitude E6520, JAWS 14, and Windows 7 Professional 32-bit

An acquaintance is having the following problem. Can anyone help?
Good morning I seem to be having some difficulty with Microsoft Word 2007.
Not able to read anything I type in the document, internet, or my email. I'm
using Jaws 11.0 and Windows Vista.
I've even maximized the window with no success, even performed a repair.
What am I doing wrong, and could someone help me solve the problem?
It would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
GM

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Ted & Dave,

Apparently it worked at 1 time & I'm only getting bits & pieces of what's
actually going on. Here is the last tidbit I received:

yes that is correct, mean that he can type and it comes out ok but
that JAWS isn't echoing it

So, I've asked him to check his typing & screen echo settings. Also, to
look at his display settings in the control panel & to make sure there
aren't any unwanted toolbars installed / showing. I can't recall what other
suggestions I've made but, nothing has helped yet.

Take care.
Mike
This email was sent from my, iBarstool.

Too vague, and definitely not restricted to MS-Word. Suggest a reboot or a
re-install of JAWS.

Dave Carlson

An acquaintance is having the following problem. Can anyone help?
Good morning I seem to be having some difficulty with Microsoft Word 2007.
Not able to read anything I type in the document, internet, or my email. I'm
using Jaws 11.0 and Windows Vista.
I've even maximized the window with no success, even performed a repair.
What am I doing wrong, and could someone help me solve the problem?
It would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
GM

Dave...

Mike,

This is going to go nowhere fast. We're in a third-party conversation -- you
are passing along what someone else is picking up from yet another someone
else.

Have them cut to the chase and join the list directly and not work through
two levels of intermediaries, and we may get some useful data and give some
useful help.

Yes, Karen we are indeed a useful group.

Dave Carlson

Too vague, and definitely not restricted to MS-Word. Suggest a reboot or a
re-install of JAWS.

Dave Carlson

An acquaintance is having the following problem. Can anyone help?
Good morning I seem to be having some difficulty with Microsoft Word 2007.
Not able to read anything I type in the document, internet, or my email. I'm
using Jaws 11.0 and Windows Vista.
I've even maximized the window with no success, even performed a repair.
What am I doing wrong, and could someone help me solve the problem?
It would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
GM

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Dave,

Yes, I understand & it won't continue any further.
Take care.
Mike
This email was sent from my, iBarstool.

Too vague, and definitely not restricted to MS-Word. Suggest a reboot or a
re-install of JAWS.

Dave Carlson

An acquaintance is having the following problem. Can anyone help?
Good morning I seem to be having some difficulty with Microsoft Word 2007.
Not able to read anything I type in the document, internet, or my email. I'm
using Jaws 11.0 and Windows Vista.
I've even maximized the window with no success, even performed a repair.
What am I doing wrong, and could someone help me solve the problem?
It would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
GM

Dave...