From: "John Martyn" <johnrobertmartyn@gmail.com>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Sent: Friday, May 10, 2013 1:18 PM
Subject: Silverlight scripting and netflix possible

OK, I have had a look at the code and indeed it is possible to script for a
Netflix player to respond to controls. In Silverlight land, it is possible
to make Silverlight the browser plugin work for applications as well. I
don't know how long it would take, but the Netflix interface seems pretty
straight forward, so I'll start out with Netflix first and then expand.
Anyone else want to use the Silverlight for something other than Netflix?

I have always wanted to control Netflix videos so I will build in the
following controls:

Play / Pause with the spacebar

Rewind and fast forward with control left and right arrows

Volume up and down with control up and down arrows

Stop playback with shift + space

Speak the currently playing movie and whatever information that it can
offer. I would probably put this information into the virtual viewer. It
might include actors, date released and more, I don't know how much
information is released to the page or the Silverlight player.

The time information IE current position and end times

I don't think subtitles will be possible but you never know. Speaking that
kind of information might be difficult or not possible.

If you want some more controls, let me know and I'll program it in.

This is going to start off simple with Silverlight. Eventually I will build
in support for Silverlight applications. That is going to take some time
though because I have to learn the language then translate this to jaws
script. There isn't going to be a beta for the Netflix thing because this is
so straight forward. The great part is you can choose what browser you want
to use.

Does this sound like something we would all be interested in?

Cheers,

John Martyn

www.DoItBlind.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 8319 (20130510) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 8319 (20130510) __________

http://www.eset.com

dennis

you bet. i'm wondering if the same might apply on the mlb gameday audio sight as it pertains to archived games. as of now the only control that is there is volume and play pause.

[...]

also i would suggest with netflix to put a control to move ahead episodes when watching a tv series.

[...]

Nermin

Hi John,

I'd be interested, so go ahead if you have the time.

Good luck,
Nermin

Cristóbal

This would be very much welcomed. Perhaps in addition to the standard fast
forward and rewind commands, separate commands could be included for
increased fast forward and rewind? Like ctl+left arrow or right arrow
quickly or ctl+shift+left or right arrow? That or some sort of jump thirty
second or one minute command since you're talking about titles that can run
quite long. It may be a more efficient means of getting through large chunks
of video?

[...]

cecropia64

you've got one "Oh Yeah" from me. Go for it!

On 5/10/2013 4:18 PM, John Martyn wrote:
[...]

dan Kerstetter <dhk55@...>

I'm curious whether or not these scripts might work with JAWS 10

Dan

[...]

scrubbed...

Brandon Keith Biggs <brandonkeithbiggs@...>

Hello,
Yes please! I would be like way into this! What other applications does Silver light run with? What are its properties?
Thanks,

Brandon Keith Biggs

[...]

The scripts should work with jaws 10. I am struggling on the last part now.
John

[...]

Wha are the standard commands that you discovered so far?
John

[...]

paul lemm

Hi,

2 quick questions, I believe the sky tv website uses silverlight for
watching content on their web site (or at least it did last time I tried to
watch something which was a while ago), would this new script also work for
that or would it be specific to Netflix? Secondly does anyone know if
Netflix does audio description with its movies?

Big thanks to you for putting in the time to put together this script by the
way, its much appreciated

Paul lemm

[...]

rhonda cruz <rhondaprincess@...>

hi paul, i think net flicks, has normal movies, not the ones that you need.
there is also blind mice mart. mall. that has the ones that you are looking for though.

On May 12, 2013, at 12:32 PM, Paul Lemm wrote:

[...]

Tusing <ptusing@...>

Hi,
I have friends who use Roku but they do not live near me soI cannot
install JAWS
And play games with Roku.

However, I have been told
That if one can get the Netflix movies into the
"list queue",
then the Netflix button on the Roku remote control
brings up Netflix meaning the actual movie queue from where the movies are
started.

I of course have not done this.

But when one clicks on any movie at that point,
The Netflix movie queue is what is on the Rokuscreenatthat point.

Three people have told methis.
One is activating whaever t is in the queue--meaning
That there are going to be very few choices of movies in the list queue as
nothing but the queue is visible.
So if there are 2 movies in the queue,
One can start one of them and then try the next one
As the netflix movie queue on computer transfers directly to Roku.

Has any one tried this?

I mean Perhaps I have said this badly, but what appears as the Netflix queue
on the computer becomes
The sole queue visible in Roku.

I wonder if any person has played games
Activating the same movie queue hence solely present in the Roku interface?

If some one can do this,
Please contact me off listwith
Instructions in numerical order.

Many thanks.

I think scripts are a fine idea!

Tusing <ptusing@...>

Hi,
I simply wantto say that my netflix Roku question
Is of value to me at least as
One has to use JAWS to produce the
Movie queue on the Netflix page on the computer in the first place.
And accessing Netflix using JAWS is the issue here.
That is JAWS related.

John Martyn

This would be Netflix specific.
John

[...]

Hi Rhonda,

Thanks for the info, I didn't think Netflix did the audio description but I
thought I'd ask. Thanks for the blind mice recommendation I do use this
but it was only a month or 2 ago I found out about it and its really good.

Thanks for the help

[...]

201305
10/f18b6180/attachment.html>

paul lemm

Hi John.

Thanks for the reply, I thought it might be, but thought I'd check.

Paul