face book

paula

I have Jaws 14 and Windows 7.

Wanna know how to remove a person off FB that u didn’t want or don’t know. Also, does anyone know how to delete messages off FB with Jaws?

Thanks,

Paula

Ariel

Hi,
What Browser are you using? The instructions are a bit different for Chrome and IE. For me it's actually easier with Chrome than it is with IE.

On 4/18/2013 4:00 PM, paula wrote:
I have Jaws 14 and Windows 7.

Wanna know how to remove a person off FB that u didn’t want or don’t know. Also, does anyone know how to delete messages off FB with Jaws?

Thanks,

Paula

paula

I use Internet Explorer or sometime Google.

What Browser are you using? The instructions are a bit different for
Chrome and IE. For me it's actually easier with Chrome than it is with IE.
On 4/18/2013 4:00 PM, paula wrote:
I have Jaws 14 and Windows 7.

Wanna know how to remove a person off FB that u didn’t want or don’t know. Also, does anyone know how to delete messages off FB with Jaws?

Thanks,

Paula

Ariel

Alright. I haven't had any luck with IE, but use the following with Chrome.
Sign into Facebook, find the person who you wish to remove. Press enter on the name, now press "H" until you get to the person's name. Now press once the Down Arrow Key to "FriendFriends Menu." Press space, and then press down Arrow key until you here "Unfriend." Press enter, and you should get a message asking you to confirm that you want to unfriend that person. I hope this is of use.

-----Original Message----- From: Ariel
Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2013 3:40 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.

Hi,
What Browser are you using? The instructions are a bit different for
Chrome and IE. For me it's actually easier with Chrome than it is with IE.
On 4/18/2013 4:00 PM, paula wrote:
I have Jaws 14 and Windows 7.

Wanna know how to remove a person off FB that u didn’t want or don’t know. Also, does anyone know how to delete messages off FB with Jaws?

Thanks,

Paula

paula

Is Chrome a browser? If so, can I download this free? What should I do and where should I go if I can?

Thanks,
Paula

Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2013 3:40 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.

Hi,
What Browser are you using? The instructions are a bit different for
Chrome and IE. For me it's actually easier with Chrome than it is with IE.
On 4/18/2013 4:00 PM, paula wrote:
I have Jaws 14 and Windows 7.

Wanna know how to remove a person off FB that u didn’t want or don’t know. Also, does anyone know how to delete messages off FB with Jaws?

Thanks,

Paula

duncan callum <dcallum@...>

hi paula
to delete messages ,go into messages ,open one
at the top there is a combo box do an alt downarrow on it and arrow down to delete then tab down to apply and that one is gone
its a slow processs but only way i have found to get rid of them
to remove a friend ,enter on that persons name
right down towards bottom of that new page that opens is a link to unfriend
pres enter on it and they are gone
hope that helps
At 03:00 PM 18/04/2013, you wrote:
I have Jaws 14 and Windows 7. Wanna know how to remove a person off FB that u didn’t want or don’t know. Also, does anyone know how to delete messages off FB with Jaws? Thanks, Paula -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <http://lists.the-jdh.com/pipermail/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com/attachments/20130418/78c9f4cc/attachment.html> _______________________________________________ Jfw mailing list Jfw@... http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com
TT FN

BUDDY CALLUM

Brian Varner <bvarner05@...>

if you are using the mobile version of facebook, that is, m.facebook
dot com, you should be able to go to that person's timeline and look
for the "block" button or link. I've only done that to a couple of
people, and there was a message about how blocking someone doesn't
always block someone all the way. they can't send you messages but I
think they can see you if you are following a thread of comments and
you both follow the thread. I wish I knew how to remove messages from
parts of facebook, but so far, I've only been able to remove posts
that I've made. I wish I knew how to get rid of the nonsense that's
associated with pics. It slows things down when jaws reads 20 or so
random number-letter tags. you'd think with all the technology for
facial recognition, facebook could automatically tag pics of cats and
dogs or children. Picture of cat. Picture of dog. Picture of child
playing in snow, etc. One of my friends has kindly been putting short
descriptions when he posts pics.

Other than reporting an offending message to facebook tech support
(does that exist?) and asking them to remove it, I don't know how
anyone removes messages from facebook.

Sorry

On 4/18/13, paula <pne1980@...> wrote:
I have Jaws 14 and Windows 7.

Wanna know how to remove a person off FB that u didn’t want or don’t know.
Also, does anyone know how to delete messages off FB with Jaws?

Thanks,

Paula

paula

thank u so much

[...]

oops, forgot about the combo box in the message section on facebook.

anyway, there is also a block feature for those who are not on your
list of friends. you have to accept them as a friend before using
un-friend. Someone I know, but did not wish to talk to, sent me a
message and I eventually found the block option on their timeline (I
think). sorry for the fuzzy memory.

On 4/18/13, duncan callum <dcallum@...> wrote:
hi paula
to delete messages ,go into messages ,open one
at the top there is a combo box do an alt
downarrow on it and arrow down to delete then tab
down to apply and that one is gone
its a slow processs but only way i have found to get rid of them
to remove a friend ,enter on that persons name
right down towards bottom of that new page that opens is a link to unfriend
pres enter on it and they are gone
hope that helps
At 03:00 PM 18/04/2013, you wrote:
I have Jaws 14 and Windows 7. Wanna know how to
remove a person off FB that u didn’t want or
don’t know. Also, does anyone know how to
delete messages off FB with Jaws? Thanks, Paula
TT FN

BUDDY CALLUM

paula

I'm not using mobile just my windows 7 computer with Jaws 14.
How do u remove post from FB?

Thanks
Paula

[...]

John ESherrer

You can set JAWS to ignore the picture number.
I believe you use insert V and go down to graphics, and set it to none or
labels only.
John sherrer

BlindWoodWorker.com
Join our discussion list at:
blindwoodworker-request@...
with Subscribe in the subject.

[...]

scrubbed...

paula

thank u so much for this info. ill have to pass this on bc it helped me. I did try deleting a person off FB and it worked. But, I think it also deletes mutual friends that r also yr and that person's friend. The reason I think this is bc I had 167 friends and now have 165. The best thing a person can do is before they delete a person is to go to their face book and c who the mutual friend is and request another "request" from that mutual friend after deleting the person u don't want on yr FB.

Thanks again,

Paula

Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2013 3:40 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.

Hi,
What Browser are you using? The instructions are a bit different for
Chrome and IE. For me it's actually easier with Chrome than it is with IE.
On 4/18/2013 4:00 PM, paula wrote:
I have Jaws 14 and Windows 7.

Wanna know how to remove a person off FB that u didn’t want or don’t know. Also, does anyone know how to delete messages off FB with Jaws?

Thanks,

Paula

paula

also, can u tell me an easy way to copy or burn on windows Media Player or in Window Explorer?

appreciate it

Paula-----Original Message-----