DoItBlind.com to script a new application

John Martyn

Hi all,

In continued pursuit of scripting new applications, as always, I ask what we
need to be accessible or more accessible. Quickbooks is indeed being
scripted already and have teamed up with MyBlindSpot.org and others to make
this happen. Quicken and turbo tax is in the future, but I am looking for a
much needed application. I have done many music related scripts, and all
your suggestions are being taken into consideration. I am not too familiar
with sound editors and all that you can do with the current ones. Keep in
mind that we cannot script web applications or web sites.

I was considering scripting open office for those that can't afford
Microsoft office and give a solution to those who can't afford Microsoft
office. Smaller applications that do simple tasks might not make the cut
since very few people will use them. Other programs such as virus and
spyware protectors Are out of the question since they change too much.

So, I'm opening up the floor for discussion.

Let's hear some suggestions!

John Martyn

www.DoItBlind.com

Napster is another option for getting new music since Rhapsody only works in
some regions of the world. Please keep in mind that small applications are
not going

Graham Smith <g.smith577@...>

Hi John

Microsoft Works has always amazed me why it does not work. I am not sure if it is still shipped with new computers these days but I know it always used to be. I have a version of it on this 3 year old hp windows 7 laptop.

I would ideally like the office suite but the amount I would use it really does not warratnt paying for it.

I use the database on Microsoft works which jaws handles to a fashion and enables me to use it quite well, but I have no luck with the spreadsheet side of the program something simple as tabbing between cells just does not work.

I am pretty sure there are not many people out there using this program, but I felt that to someone who knows what what they are doing could make this a lot better than what it is now.

Graham

[...]

Gary King

I've always wondered why Works has never been scripted. It seems to be thrown in for free on computers and might prove useful for folks who can't afford MS Office. I have it on my XP netbook. One problem would be which version to look at for scripting. I don't know how often it's updated.

Gary King
w4wkz@bellsouth.net

[...]

yes, I agree.

I am just so amazed at how the spreadsheet is so unaccessible, and would of thoughtthe basics of tabbing or arrowing between cells would worrk on all versions.

Graham
.

[...]

Peter Holdstock <ptrholdstock@...>

Don't they tend to ship new computers with a 90 day trial of Office instead
of Works now?

Peter

[...]

Andre Jarreau <andre.jarreau@...>

To John Martyn, or anyone who might know.

Is there scripting for music applications used for orchestral arrangements?
I am trying to write music that could be printed and given to an symphony
orchestra to play. Also is there anything for Masterwriter for lyric and
melody writing?

The last time I looked at Cake Talk with Sonar it wouldn't quite fully do
these things.

Andre Jarreau

[...]

Dani Pagador

Hi, andre.
You might want to look in to Sibelius and Sibelius Speaking.
There's an e-mail list for Sib 5.25. The address is:
sib-access-request@freelists.org
Put "subscribe" in the subject line.
I'm a newbie to the program myself.
HTH,
Dani

[...]

Thanks Dani. I look forward to finding out what the subscription will do
[...]

Dani,

I subscrived to Sibelius. Can you give a pointer where instruction for
using it may be found?

Thanks,
[...]

Andre,
Here are two links to music writing programs. I use the first one, Lime with
LimeAloud.
<snip>
Your options are Lime Aloud
http://www.literotica.com/stories/showstory.php?id=356814
and Sibelius 5.25 with the free Sibelius Access scripts
http://www.musicaccess.co.uk/

Both allow you to score on the computer, print the results etc.
<end>

Lime and LimeAloud, (the scripts that allow you to see what's onscreen),
comes through Dancing Dots. Not sure where to get Sibelius 5.25; I just know
it was a bear to track down.