IE10 to be installed in Win7 systems

Adrian Spratt

A fellow lister has just alerted me to this development. Here's a link to
the Kim Komando article on the subject, followed by the text of my query to
FS tech support.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/

I've just learned that IE10 will be automatically downloaded to Win7
systems. I know it is already incorporated into Win8. Even so, is it fully
accessible? Or should I block the MS automatic updates download of this
browser upgrade?

Does FS have a help item on IE10 that is available to JAWS 14/Win7 users?

Dave...

Adrian,

Thanks for the heads-up. Of course I know you'll give us a copy of the FS
response, whatever it may be.

Dave Carlson

A fellow lister has just alerted me to this development. Here's a link to
the Kim Komando article on the subject, followed by the text of my query to
FS tech support.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/

I've just learned that IE10 will be automatically downloaded to Win7
systems. I know it is already incorporated into Win8. Even so, is it fully
accessible? Or should I block the MS automatic updates download of this
browser upgrade?

Does FS have a help item on IE10 that is available to JAWS 14/Win7 users?

david Jennette

I'm running windows 8 and Internet explorer 10 works fine. I don't think
you'll have any trouble. If you already run nine, your good I'd say. Ten
feels a lot like nine.

Thanks for the heads-up. Of course I know you'll give us a copy of the FS
response, whatever it may be.

Dave Carlson

A fellow lister has just alerted me to this development. Here's a link to
the Kim Komando article on the subject, followed by the text of my query to
FS tech support.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/

I've just learned that IE10 will be automatically downloaded to Win7
systems. I know it is already incorporated into Win8. Even so, is it fully
accessible? Or should I block the MS automatic updates download of this
browser upgrade?

Does FS have a help item on IE10 that is available to JAWS 14/Win7 users?

Adrian Spratt

Encouraging, but also curious, that IE10 feels a lot like IE9. Here are
three changes that concern me:

1. IE10 maintains a list of approved websites using flash. I hope all the
websites where I rely on flash are approved.

2. The URL bar is said to be smaller and even capable of disappearing. Do
you notice that behavior? If so, is it a problem?

3. IE10 is reported to drop favorites in favor of pinning sites to the start
screen. This sounds incredibly cumbersome.

Any thoughts?

[...]

Robert S Juenger

Hi I have downloaded IE10 with W7. The only problem has been on EBay
searching, had to be reduced to 25 items from 200. With 200 items my
computer just ran and never pulled in the page, I did not have this problem
with IE9. After that IE10 is fine and faster. I do not like the reduction,
but I can live with it.
Steve