From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Mike B.
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2013 12:24 PM
To: JFW List
Subject: pdf files with two columns

Hello listers,

I come across pdf text books that for some reason are created in two
columns. Please help if you know how to get them into one column so jaws
will read them properly. I am in the middle of writing a research paper and
need to read this pdf and reference it. Thanks for any help you can
provide.

Sincerely, Ryan West

Charles Coe

Hi,

You might want to try FS Open Book 9 if you have a scanner.

Charles

I come across pdf text books that for some reason are created in two
columns. Please help if you know how to get them into one column so jaws
will read them properly. I am in the middle of writing a research paper and
need to read this pdf and reference it. Thanks for any help you can
provide.

Sincerely, Ryan West

Kevin Hourigan <kevinthourigan@...>

Hi. Isn't the virtual cursor supposed to deal with that.

I come across pdf text books that for some reason are created in two
columns. Please help if you know how to get them into one column so jaws
will read them properly. I am in the middle of writing a research paper and
need to read this pdf and reference it. Thanks for any help you can
provide.

Sincerely, Ryan West

Russell Solowoniuk <rsolowoniuk@...>

You might try changing the reading order. Not sure if this will help, but worth a try! Press CTRL plus k to go to preferences, arrow up or down to reading, tab once, and you will find three choices to choose from.

HTH

Russell

Sent from my iPhone

-----Original Message----- From: Mike B.
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2013 12:23 PM
To: JFW List

Hello listers,

I come across pdf text books that for some reason are created in two
columns. Please help if you know how to get them into one column so jaws
will read them properly. I am in the middle of writing a research paper and
need to read this pdf and reference it. Thanks for any help you can
provide.

Sincerely, Ryan West

T. Civitello

try using the reading option to using the raw print stream Tom

You might want to try FS Open Book 9 if you have a scanner.

Charles

I come across pdf text books that for some reason are created in two
columns. Please help if you know how to get them into one column so jaws
will read them properly. I am in the middle of writing a research paper and
need to read this pdf and reference it. Thanks for any help you can
provide.

Sincerely, Ryan West

john.falter

You could try using the frame viewer.
Define two frames.
One frame for the left-hand column and another frame for the right-hand column.

I come across pdf text books that for some reason are created in two
columns. Please help if you know how to get them into one column so jaws
will read them properly. I am in the middle of writing a research paper and
need to read this pdf and reference it. Thanks for any help you can
provide.

Sincerely, Ryan West

john.falter

If you're allowed to copy and paste the material,
copy to clipboard the info,
paste it to a word processor that handles columns.
Go to the column feature in your word processor and change from two columns to one column.

I come across pdf text books that for some reason are created in two
columns. Please help if you know how to get them into one column so jaws
will read them properly. I am in the middle of writing a research paper and
need to read this pdf and reference it. Thanks for any help you can
provide.

Sincerely, Ryan West

NUEVA LUZ

Hello. You can also hold down the windows key and alt. while pressing down arrow, this way Jaws will read each row completely, regardless the number of columnss.
If you wish to read more than once a given row, press windows key and comma simultaneusly as many times you want to reread that complete row. I hope it makes some sense. I apologize for my English.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike B." <mb69mach1@charter.net>