From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of kelby carlson
Sent: Saturday, February 16, 2013 2:19 PM
To: jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
Subject: Blackboard

I just got my upgrade to JAWS 14 a couple of days ago. My college uses
a system called Blackboard for its online course interface. JAWS 12
had no problem with this, but JAWS 14 now only shows the top of the
page (the course list and other important parts are in a separate
frame.) It seems to work in Firefox, but there are a number of things
that require Flash, and FIrefox crashes every time it loads a Flash
page with JAWS. Does anyone know if/how the Blackboard and/or the
Flash problem can be solved? Thanks!

kelby carlson <kelbycarlson@...>

I haven't. How can I find a previous version?

On 2/16/13, Adrian Spratt <Adrian@adrianspratt.com> wrote:
A number of people reported having problems with Firefox 18 on this list
that were resolved when they rolled back to 17. Have you tried doing that?

I just got my upgrade to JAWS 14 a couple of days ago. My college uses
a system called Blackboard for its online course interface. JAWS 12
had no problem with this, but JAWS 14 now only shows the top of the
page (the course list and other important parts are in a separate
frame.) It seems to work in Firefox, but there are a number of things
that require Flash, and FIrefox crashes every time it loads a Flash
page with JAWS. Does anyone know if/how the Blackboard and/or the
Flash problem can be solved? Thanks!

Adrian Spratt

For the future, what many of us do with applications like Firefox and JAWS
is retain the executable file for the version previous to the one we're
using, just in case the updated version causes problems. You might set up a
folder for such files.

As for how you roll back, I haven't done it in Firefox. You might Google for
an answer while hoping that someone here can post more information.

I just got my upgrade to JAWS 14 a couple of days ago. My college uses
a system called Blackboard for its online course interface. JAWS 12
had no problem with this, but JAWS 14 now only shows the top of the
page (the course list and other important parts are in a separate
frame.) It seems to work in Firefox, but there are a number of things
that require Flash, and FIrefox crashes every time it loads a Flash
page with JAWS. Does anyone know if/how the Blackboard and/or the
Flash problem can be solved? Thanks!

rodney jackson <jackson_mr@...>

Old version of fire fox can be found at the following link, you will need
to find the link that says fire fox and the next page has different
versions.
www.oldapps.com
now here is the web site for fire fox but I am not sure if they have a old
version or not.
http://www.mozilla.org
Rodney

I just got my upgrade to JAWS 14 a couple of days ago. My college uses
a system called Blackboard for its online course interface. JAWS 12
had no problem with this, but JAWS 14 now only shows the top of the
page (the course list and other important parts are in a separate
frame.) It seems to work in Firefox, but there are a number of things
that require Flash, and FIrefox crashes every time it loads a Flash
page with JAWS. Does anyone know if/how the Blackboard and/or the
Flash problem can be solved? Thanks!

Stephanie Switzer

Also you might want to email the technology department (or whatever
it's called) and let them know about the issues you're having with
that particular version of Jaws and blackboard. They may be able to
help you fix it, or they may be able to contact the people who've
created blackboard and let them know about the issue. I'm suggesting
this because not everyone has firefox on their computers. :D I would
also include that it works with firefox, but not whatever other
browser you're using. That way they'll know what their dealing with.
:D

On 2/16/13, rodney jackson <jackson_mr@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
[...]

dave grossoehme

Good Afternoon: What version of Firefodx are you using? It would help to
know what version of flash causes this problem. With this knowledge and the
version of Windows one of us might be able to give you some help.
Your Friend Dave

I just got my upgrade to JAWS 14 a couple of days ago. My college uses a
system called Blackboard for its online course interface. JAWS 12 had no
problem with this, but JAWS 14 now only shows the top of the page (the
course list and other important parts are in a separate
frame.) It seems to work in Firefox, but there are a number of things that
require Flash, and FIrefox crashes every time it loads a Flash page with
JAWS. Does anyone know if/how the Blackboard and/or the Flash problem can be
solved? Thanks!

rodney jackson <jackson_mr@...>

Dave
If I am not mistaken, in a earlier post I think he is using fire fox 3.6
Rodney

I just got my upgrade to JAWS 14 a couple of days ago. My college uses a
system called Blackboard for its online course interface. JAWS 12 had no
problem with this, but JAWS 14 now only shows the top of the page (the
course list and other important parts are in a separate
frame.) It seems to work in Firefox, but there are a number of things that
require Flash, and FIrefox crashes every time it loads a Flash page with
JAWS. Does anyone know if/how the Blackboard and/or the Flash problem can be
solved? Thanks!

Adrian Spratt

No, that was Douglas.